Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:52:54 PM EDT
Hello all,

LGS had several SA 1911's on sale so I picked-up a Range Officer Champion in 9mm.  Always wanted a 1911 in 9mm so now I have one.  Been thru at least 300 rounds so far - mixed bag of HP's and ball.  Seems to prefer the 115 grain bullet. Runs 100% with everything so far.

Anyone have much experience with one of these  ?  Very shootable and reliable so far.  Thought about adding it to my EDC rotation (after 500 trouble free rounds).

Thoughts  ?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
My sig tacops 1911 in 9mm shoots 115 grain the best as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has been great.  So far my only "problem" has been the front fiber filiment falling out.

I have a couple minor nitpicks however, at a sub $700 price point plus the fact it runs great they are not worth mentioning.

Put at least a hundred rounds of your carry ammo thru it to make sure it likes that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My current EDC is an SA RO Compact in 9mm. I bought it used ($600), so I have no idea of its history. My carry load is Federal 147gr HSTs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine has been great.  So far my only "problem" has been the front fiber filiment falling out.

I have a couple minor nitpicks however, at a sub $700 price point plus the fact it runs great they are not worth mentioning.

Put at least a hundred rounds of your carry ammo thru it to make sure it likes that.
View Quote
Had the same issue with mine with the Fiber Optic falling out during the first mag, other than that its been a great gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top