Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2020 8:28:17 AM EDT
Hi All, just looking for some additional opinions. This is the first time i've mounted and RMR on a slide without screw posts. The fit was incredibly tight, peels the paint right off the RMR going in. It will only go into place straight down any angle and it just won't slide into place. I've noticed that it doesn't seem to fit flush on the rear of the RMR. We are talking hundredths of an inch, I might be overthinking it, but i've pulled it off and re-mounted a few times now and it always goes in the same way. Does this seem like an issue?

I am using a sealing plate, and the plate is not bent. My first post here, - once I figure out how to post an image from my phone i'll post a picture.

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a manufacturing variance on RMRs - if you look at L&M Precision Gunwork's shipping page he talks about wanting to have the customer's optic so he can mill it to size, otherwise he uses a shop optic 'on the large end of the housing tolerance'.  When I sent my X5 slide to him I included my RMR but asked him to use the shop optic to increase compatibility.  I had a slide milled out by a different machinist (back in 2015) and it was cut so tight the RMR retained zero when you replaced the battery, but it also wouldn't accept a Trijicon SRO or a different RMR.  You could take a little material off the RMR (not desireable when they're $400+) or you could contact the slide mfg and ask them about it.   Did you have it milled out or buy an optics ready slide?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]
This one was a Grey Ghost stripped slide that came with the RMR cut. Once the COVID stuff blows over i’ll probably reach out to them as well, just haven’t been able to get them on the phone yet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]
"I am using a sealing plate"

Does the seal plate have a bump to better position the battery? If so that might be what is holding it up just a little.

Look up info on type 1 vs type 2  RMR
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
No this is a type 2 and the standard triji plate, flat with no battery bump. I have a couple of different plates, zev and battlewerx, considering using two plates to see if that fills the gap but not sure that would change anything or cause other issues etc...
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't get them on the phone, just shoot their support an email.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I sent them an email this morning with a clear picture of the gap, will see what they say. In the meantime I tried a battlewerks sealing plate under the trijicon sealing plate and it seems to have filled everything in nicely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top