Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2023 5:10:50 PM EDT
Just ordered one from PSA on clearance, know nothing about them but $180 after rebate was too good to pass up.

The APX uses a serialized FCU like a Sig P320, is the carry size the same as the full sized? As in, could I order a full size slide assembly, grip frame, and mags to convert to a full size?
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
No the APX carry is a re-do of the nano. Absolutely horrible long and stretchy heavy trigger. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 5:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By krotchitty:
No the APX carry is a re-do of the nano. Absolutely horrible long and stretchy heavy trigger. Sorry.
View Quote

Figured there was a reason it was so cheap

I will get a couple extra mags and a holster, and carry it if it's reliable. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#3]
For that price, you can't go wrong. I am glad to see Beretta redesigned the gun, as the original was ugly as sin but felt good in the hand.

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
It was delivered to my FFL today. Did the paperwork, and went to Researching on the NICS background check. They said everyone had been put in that status the last few days.

I did get to inspect it, seems like an interesting little pistol.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Debating ordering one. Does it only come with one mag?

Hated my Nano trigger. Supposedly the a1 carry has an updated trigger to fix the complaints.

I’ll sleep on it and think about buying one on Monday.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Chowser:
Debating ordering one. Does it only come with one mag?

Hated my Nano trigger. Supposedly the a1 carry has an updated trigger to fix the complaints.

I’ll sleep on it and think about buying one on Monday.
View Quote

Mine came with 1, 8 round mag. I have 4 more on the way.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By patw:
For that price, you can't go wrong. I am glad to see Beretta redesigned the gun, as the original was ugly as sin but felt good in the hand.

View Quote

You'd think that, but you'd be wrong.  Absolutely a garbage gun IMO.
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s a gun that works. Sold mine, never had a problem just capacity and trigger are garbage.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

You'd think that, but you'd be wrong.  Absolutely a garbage gun IMO.
View Quote

Why do you say that?
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Just shot mine, 100 rounds. Not the most pleasant pistol I have shot,plenty accurate enough though. Thinking about seeing if PSA has anymore
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like they have went up a lot in price. I will keep an eye out to see if they come back down. Decent choice for sub $200, not so much over that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By colklink:

Why do you say that?
View Quote

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, it fell off my Active Topics.

Let's put it this way.. in a vacuum, it would be a passable firearm. I might be able to overlook the exceedingly poor trigger, bad ergonomics, and crap capacity.. in a world where guns like the Shield Pro, P365, G43x, and Hellcat didn't exist.

It's a low-effort entry from an otherwise excellent company.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, it fell off my Active Topics.

Let's put it this way.. in a vacuum, it would be a passable firearm. I might be able to overlook the exceedingly poor trigger, bad ergonomics, and crap capacity.. in a world where guns like the Shield Pro, P365, G43x, and Hellcat didn't exist.

It's a low-effort entry from an otherwise excellent company.
View Quote

Yeah, that trigger sucks
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 10:54:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Surfgun] [#14]
The trigger can be improved. Replace the the plastic with metal striker spring parts.
https://gallowayprecision.com/beretta/
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Surfgun:
The trigger can be improved. Replace the the plastic with metal striker spring parts.
https://gallowayprecision.com/beretta/
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Watched the video on disassembling the slide, Beretta certainly didn't engineer that for ease of disassembly

I may go ahead and order that striker guide. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, ordered that striker guide off Galloway Precision this morning at about 630 am, got a shipping notification a couple hours ago. That's impressive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Just tried shooting a hundred rounds, made it to 80 this time

It's not a pleasant pistol to shoot. And my hands were hurting from weed eating a few hours, so that aggravated the arthritis in my hands. But this is the smallest 9mm I have ever shot. It carries so easy. I prefer my M&P Shield, but this may get carried occasionally. I have about 200 rounds through it, no issues. The trigger sucks, I have a Galloway striker guide on the way.

Overall a great pistol for $180, wish I had ordered another at that price. I will watch to see if it goes on sale again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By colklink:  Just tried shooting a hundred rounds, made it to 80 this time

It's not a pleasant pistol to shoot. And my hands were hurting from weed eating a few hours, so that aggravated the arthritis in my hands. But this is the smallest 9mm I have ever shot. It carries so easy. I prefer my M&P Shield, but this may get carried occasionally. I have about 200 rounds through it, no issues. The trigger sucks, I have a Galloway striker guide on the way.

Overall a great pistol for $180, wish I had ordered another at that price. I will watch to see if it goes on sale again.
View Quote

Watch CDNN, where proprietary magazine designs go to die...
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Watch CDNN, where proprietary magazine designs go to die...
View Quote

I did get two more 8 round and two more 6 round mags, but will watch CDNN to see if it goes on clearance.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine just got sent back to Beretta.  Bought it new last December.  After about 500 rounds the barrel hood is peening causing the slide to not cycle.  Waiting to hear if they will warranty repair it or send me a charge for replacing the barrel.  It also killed a Burris Fastfire III.  The glass cracked out on the left side.  Burris replaced it for the cost of shipping ($13).
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: colklink] [#22]
Originally Posted By Tommytornado:
Mine just got sent back to Beretta.  Bought it new last December.  After about 500 rounds the barrel hood is peening causing the slide to not cycle.  Waiting to hear if they will warranty repair it or send me a charge for replacing the barrel.  It also killed a Burris Fastfire III.  The glass cracked out on the left side.  Burris replaced it for the cost of shipping ($13).
View Quote

I have shot mine a few more times, and I have another on the way
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a full size A1.  Works fine.   Trigger is meh but most striker guns are.  Fits my hand well, better than Glocks.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Keep in mind, mine is a sample size of one.  Could have been a barrel built on a Monday after a long weekend or Friday by someone wanting to get to the weekend.  Current status is received but waiting evaluation.  My experience has been Beretta fixes issues.  They sent me a replacement spring and guide rod for my APX Centurion that I broke.  I am sure both of yours will give you many years of service.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know where you can find some extra mags? Every place I looked said out of stock. Picked up one from palmetto state and would like an extra mag or 3. 😂
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By celticfozzie:
Anyone know where you can find some extra mags? Every place I looked said out of stock. Picked up one from palmetto state and would like an extra mag or 3. 😂
View Quote

I had ordered extras from CDNN, but that was mid summer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 4:34:16 AM EDT
[#27]
They don’t have any.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#28]
They don’t have any.
View Quote

I cant find any either. Must be a real turd, Beretta isn't giving them any tool time at all so literally everywhere is out of stock!

I was drinking last night and ordered one after seeing a "hurry up and order, last day to get rebate!" (for a $50 rebate). One of the no tax, free shipping drop shippers, Comes with burris ff3. $340 delivered, $30 for FFL fee. I am going to put the burris on a different gun. figure $170 if I went and bought the site and $50 rebate, that's $150. A bit disappointing reading this thread but if it can choke down a few mags of HSTs without failing it's worth it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By doktarZues:

I cant find any either. Must be a real turd, Beretta isn't giving them any tool time at all so literally everywhere is out of stock!

I was drinking last night and ordered one after seeing a "hurry up and order, last day to get rebate!" (for a $50 rebate). One of the no tax, free shipping drop shippers, Comes with burris ff3. $340 delivered, $30 for FFL fee. I am going to put the burris on a different gun. figure $170 if I went and bought the site and $50 rebate, that's $150. A bit disappointing reading this thread but if it can choke down a few mags of HSTs without failing it's worth it!
View Quote

I really like both of mine. I suppose mags have dried up, hopefully they become available again.

If you want a tiny 9mm, and don't need 15 rounds, they are a great carry gun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Got back my APX a1 carry this week.  Beretta did replace my barrel at no charge.  It does shoot more accurately with the new barrel.  Time will tell if the barrel hood will deform like the original barrel.  Gun is still fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Tommytornado:
Got back my APX a1 carry this week.  Beretta did replace my barrel at no charge.  It does shoot more accurately with the new barrel.  Time will tell if the barrel hood will deform like the original barrel.  Gun is still fun to shoot.
View Quote

They are a hoot to shoot. And just from all the dry fire and few hundred rounds, the difference in the trigger between my older one and newest one is huge.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I have shot mine and the trigger does seem to get better w age.

I actually bought 2. After the rebate, I have $180 into each of them. Bought them as a backup carry gun. But as of now since I can’t find any mags. And I have been to every LGS in 100 miles looking for one possibly on a shelf somewhere. And everywhere online is out of stock. So as of now I have a $360 carry piece w 2 mags and a parts gun.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I have shot mine and the trigger does seem to get better w age.

I actually bought 2. After the rebate, I have $180 into each of them. Bought them as a backup carry gun. But as of now since I can’t find any mags. And I have been to every LGS in 100 miles looking for one possibly on a shelf somewhere. And everywhere online is out of stock. So as of now I have a $360 carry piece w 2 mags and a parts gun.
View Quote

I think that maybe there was a run on them, since they had a decent rebate. Hopefully the mags get back in stock soon.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Surfgun] [#34]
Delete
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top