Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2022 10:59:44 PM EDT
How do these pistols run? Is the polymer decent?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/PSA-Dagger-They-do-exist-and-I-finally-got-one-Palmetto-State-Armory-/5-2522707/
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted: How do these pistols run?
View Quote
PSA has quietly made design changes to the DaggerTM over the last eight months:  trigger pin and slide stop (at a minimum) to address the Walking Trigger Pin Issue; trigger to address the Trigger Reset Function Check Failure Issue; ... overall, the DaggerTM is running better and better.  I still think there could be improvements to the magazine release and extractor.

The Optic-Ready and Optic/Suppressor-Ready DaggerTM pistols and slides have what is likely the most shallow RMR cut in the entire industry at 0.103", eliminating one of the main advantages of milling a slide to directly accept an MRDS.

On January 12, PSA acknowledged that a small quantity of DaggerTM barrels escaped their inspection process.  It's important to inspect your DaggerTM barrel (both non-threaded and threaded) for uneven riffling and pitting.  PSA is mailing out free replacement barrels.  Here are some examples of defective slides and more information on the warranty replacement process,
http://palmettodagger.com/BarrelIssues
Is the polymer decent?
View Quote
The polymer is excellent ... maybe a little more dense than OEM Glock or Polymer80.

And here's a little more information ...
http://palmettodagger.com
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one of the poor quality barrels and PSA sent me a shipping label.  I sent my Dagger in last Monday and they received it Wednesday.   Email said it would probably take ten to fifteen days to address the issue.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: I got one of the poor quality barrels and PSA sent me a shipping label.  I sent my Dagger in last Monday and they received it Wednesday.   Email said it would probably take ten to fifteen days to address the issue.
View Quote
It's no longer necessary to return your DaggerTM pistol.  PSA founder Jamin McCallum will mail you a free DaggerTM replacement barrel.  PSA Dagger Facebook Group members have already received tracking information for their replacement barrel.  All of the free warranty replacement details are in the blog post.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I just read this thread but when I first contacted PSA CS via email where I included pictures of my barrel and requested they send me a new barrel.  They sent me a shipping label so I sent my Dagger to PSA.   I ordered my Dagger on 12-3-21 and I got the Dagger from my FFL on 12-16-21.  My barrel was just as bad as the barrels in your earlier post.

I joined the PSA/Dagger FB group and was accepted but must have gotten booted off in the last couple days.   I never saw any discussion on the Dagger barrels on FB.   I rarely post on FB and mainly joined FB to see pictures of my grandkids.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just read this thread but when I first contacted PSA CS via email where I included pictures of my barrel and requested they send me a new barrel.  They sent me a shipping label so I sent my Dagger to PSA.   I ordered my Dagger on 12-3-21 and I got the Dagger from my FFL on 12-16-21.  My barrel was just as bad as the barrels in your earlier post.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes, unfortunately, several of the DaggerTM community members (across various Internet groups and forums) to have first reported this issue were asked to return their DaggerTM pistol for warranty repair.  Several of them are rather unhappy that other community members are already receiving free replacement barrels without having had to return their pistol (or barrel).

I joined the PSA/Dagger FB group and was accepted but must have gotten booted off in the last couple days.   I never saw any discussion on the Dagger barrels on FB.   I rarely post on FB and mainly joined FB to see pictures of my grandkids.
If you privately message me your Facebook ID / name, I'd be happy to investigate why you're no longer a member of the PSA Dagger Facebook group.  Make sure you have the right Facebook group.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m not sure if I requested to join the Dagger specific FB group and might have been the PSA users group.   Most of the post I saw from the group were about the Dagger.  I went ahead and applied to the Dagger user group on FB.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:I’m not sure if I requested to join the Dagger specific FB group and might have been the PSA users group.   Most of the post I saw from the group were about the Dagger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:I’m not sure if I requested to join the Dagger specific FB group and might have been the PSA users group.   Most of the post I saw from the group were about the Dagger.
The fact that you saw anything would suggest it's not a Facebook group.  

I went ahead and applied to the Dagger user group on FB.
Just let me know if you have any trouble.  I'll keep an eye out for you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn’t waste my time on the FB Dagger group.  Middle School level drama in that place.  I too was kicked out of the group for some unknown  reason.  I had been posting what I thought were good, informative posts.  But then, gone for no reason.  Complete waste of time on the shitty, anti-gun platform.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: I wouldn’t waste my time on the FB Dagger group.  Middle School level drama in that place.  I too was kicked out of the group for some unknown  reason.  I had been posting what I thought were good, informative posts.  But then, gone for no reason.  Complete waste of time on the shitty, anti-gun platform.
View Quote
Did the group look like this?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#12]
There is another group on FB

Palmetto State Armory Handgun Owners Group - Official

It has 9.5K members, and PSA puts some content on it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I shot one, felt great and was plenty accurate.  Trigger was better than I expected.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I joined the Official Dagger user group and apparently there weren’t any post for several days.   Apparently I’m still a member.  I got my Dagger back yesterday.  They replaced the barrel and it looks good.  I hope to shoot it Saturday but I feel sure it’ll be gtg.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:I joined the Official Dagger user group and apparently there weren’t any post for several days.   Apparently I’m still a member.
View All Quotes
Quoted:I joined the Official Dagger user group and apparently there weren’t any post for several days.   Apparently I’m still a member.
The Palmetto State Armory Handgun Owners Group - Official Facebook group?

I got my Dagger back yesterday.  They replaced the barrel and it looks good.  I hope to shoot it Saturday but I feel sure it’ll be gtg.
Which replacement barrel did you get?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Honestly I just glanced at it yesterday but it did’t look like any of the three pictures.  It had 9x19 stamped on upper left of barrel visible through the ejection port.   The muzzle wasn’t concave as much as second picture like my original barrel.  I think there was a small recess and not a flat surface like the other two pictures.   If I get time I’ll post a picture of my new barrel.

That is the correct FB group you linked.  I also joined the other FB Dagger group you recommended.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted: Honestly I just glanced at it yesterday but it did’t look like any of the three pictures.  It had 9x19 stamped on upper left of barrel visible through the ejection port.   The muzzle wasn’t concave as much as second picture like my original barrel.  I think there was a small recess and not a flat surface like the other two pictures.   If I get time I’ll post a picture of my new barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted: Honestly I just glanced at it yesterday but it did’t look like any of the three pictures.  It had 9x19 stamped on upper left of barrel visible through the ejection port.   The muzzle wasn’t concave as much as second picture like my original barrel.  I think there was a small recess and not a flat surface like the other two pictures.   If I get time I’ll post a picture of my new barrel.
If it's stamped "9x19", it's what we're calling the "New OEM / Replacement Barrel".  We're assuming this will be the new DaggerTM barrel going forward.

I also joined the other FB Dagger group you recommended.
Welcome!
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I shot one once and thought it was great
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted: I shot one once and thought it was great
View Quote
It's funny.  With all the talk of the DaggerTM Barrel Manufacturing Defect, I've watched at least 150 DaggerTM YouTube reviews and read thousands (if not tens of thousands) of posts across various DaggerTM Internet forums and groups.  I've only heard one person express concern with the accuracy of the DaggerTM.  Most DaggerTM owners sing its praises in this regard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Here are the pictures of my replacement Dagger barrel.

The barrel has traditional (Enfield) land & groove rifling.

The muzzle does have a radius on the crown and not concave like the original barrel.   The muzzle end of the barrel is not flat like the far right barrel picture.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted: Here are the pictures of my replacement Dagger barrel.
View Quote
So I guess the biggest difference between your replacement barrel and the most recent replacement barrel others have received is the muzzle end of the barrel is not as flat, correct?

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I should’ve used a different location when photographing last night.   I took some more photos today and more closely examined the muzzle of the replacement Dagger barrel.  

The new barrel has a very slight concave surface.  I could feel a bevel last night but under better light I could see how the muzzle is machined.   The muzzle is machined differently than my 19.3 barrel I used for comparison.

I think in these two pictures you can see the slight concave surface of the barrel.

Here is a comparison photo of the 19.3 barrel and Dagger.   The 19.3 left Dagger right.

In this photo the shorter Dagger barrel is next to the 19.3 and you can see the end of the barrels are a little different.   I like the looks of the replacement barrel better than the original.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted: The new barrel has a very slight concave surface.
View Quote
I think that's consistent with my table.  I didn't compare the DaggerTM barrels to an OEM Glock barrel.  In comparison to the Old OEM DaggerTM barrel and Initial Replacement DaggerTM barrel, the New OEM / replacement DaggerTM (that you have) has the least steep crown.  Your pictures may be a little more clear, however, I believe all of the pictures are consistent.

Thanks again!  I think it's helpful to document the differences in the various DaggerTM barrels.  I'm sure the topic will come up again and again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Top Top