Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2020 9:32:42 AM EDT
I bought it years back and it has always functioned flawlessly.  The only work done on it was a powder river trigger job years ago.

Other day I take it out and it will shoot a round and eject the case but will not fire the next round.  If I push forward on the cocking indicator it will fire.

I broke it all apart and cleaned the firing pin and all the parts in the slide but no change.

Figure its some spring but not sure.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Firing pin retainer roll pin OK?   Broken?
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Both seemed fine
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you lubing it with?  

2HUT8
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
So the slide is not fully going into battery?

If so, It may need a new recoil spring.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Reloads?  OAL too long?  Not fully chambering?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't get any lube in the striker channel, I found that out the hard way.  
Drew and attempted to fire at a charging wild hog.  I sidestepped at the last minute, cycled the slide and the next round went off and I missed.
Luckily the hog ran away into the brush.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't get any lube in the striker channel, I found that out the hard way.
View Quote

This.  Clean the striker channel really well and no lube.  My xdm is the only striker fired pistol I have had this issue with also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top