Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2018 1:15:13 AM EDT
I've been doing some reading about the polymer 80 builds and people seem to be making really cool stuff.  Am I understanding it right that they are able to copy designs from glock due to patent expiration?  If so, are there any other companies doing making similar products?  Just curious where I could go to learn more about the history of this stuff.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think so on the copyright expiration:  Their locking block design and some other details are VASTLY different than Glock, they are just positioned in a way to fit Glock parts.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
1911's have a 80% jig. As do Ar15 and AR10. Little harder to do. than the Poly 80. But very Fun
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1911's have a 80% jig. As do Ar15 and AR10. Little harder to do. than the Poly 80. But very Fun
View Quote
There are some 80% 10/22s as well if you wanted to build a Charger style pistol.  There were some 80% Sig P228s but I don't know if they're still around, they were more involved.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
There are some 80% Sig P320 systems out there. It’s basically the chassis that you finish.  Check out ghostguns.com for more info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top