Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2022 1:47:18 PM EDT

Polymer Magwell
for
DaggerTM Compact

Finally! An affordable, durable, stylish, functional magwell specifically designed for the DaggerTM Compact frame,

Price: $29.99 (+ $5.00 shipping)
Backorders and New Order Start Shippng: January 24
The GG Magwells DaggerTM Compact magwell is injection molded using the same glass-reinforced polymer as the DaggerTM frames.

GG MAGWELLS: POLYMER MAGWELL FOR PSA DAGGER COMPACT

Notes:
  • The GG Magwells DaggerTM Compact magwell is not compatible with an OEM Glock 10-round (e.g., California-compliant) G19 magazine without modification (see below).
  • The small blemish in the back of the magwell corresponds to the gate where the polymer is injected.
  • This magwell does not fit the DaggerTM Full Size - S frame.
  • Reportedly, the magwell is compatible with many aftermarket magazine extensions (including magazine extensions from Cross Armory, Killer Innovations, SLR Rifleworks, and Taylor Freelance).
  • Reportedly, the magwell is not compatible with at least one aftermarket baseplate (namely, Tango Down Vickers Tactical floor plate).
  • Several community members have reported that their hand is too large for the DaggerTM Compact frame with the GG magwell.  The GG magwell shortens the height of the DaggerTM Compact frame slightly.

GG Magwells Glock 10-round G19 Magazine Modification

GG Magwells DaggerTM Compact Magwell Picture Gallery

This magwell is not offered by and will not be sold through Palmetto State Armory or any other company under the JJE Capital Holdings, LLC umbrella.

This magwell is being offered by GG Magwells, a new manufacturer in the industry. I am not affiliated with GG Magwells nor do I profit from the sale of the magwell. I am simply bringing the magwell to the attention of the group. I can vouch for the legitimacy of the magwell (I tested several design iterations) and integrity of the manufacturer.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Any chance you’ll offer these in fde?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: Any chance you’ll offer these in fde?
View Quote
I'm not affiliated with GG Magwells.  However, I know they are considering the possibility of flat dark earth, gray, and sniper green magwells.  I expect GG Magwells to gauge how well the black polymer magwells are received and go from there.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Not good:

First, we want to say thank you for purchasing one of our GG Magwells.

It has come to our attention that our magwell does not allow the OEM Glock 10-rd magazine to seat properly without a forceful insertion at the front of the buttplate. This is very unfortunate, as we specifically designed it to allow the OEM Glock 10-rd mags and the prototypes all worked properly. The production parts came out a little narrow.

Please let us know if this is the case with yours. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and we will fully refund your order if there is a problem - without the hassle of returning the magwell. While it may not be ideal, you may be able to remove a little material yourself to allow the magazine to seat properly -or- you can dispose of it.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
GG Magwells
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm still waiting for them to be available. Every time I go to the website all I can do is get on a wish list.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not good:

First, we want to say thank you for purchasing one of our GG Magwells.

It has come to our attention that our magwell does not allow the OEM Glock 10-rd magazine to seat properly without a forceful insertion at the front of the buttplate. This is very unfortunate, as we specifically designed it to allow the OEM Glock 10-rd mags and the prototypes all worked properly. The production parts came out a little narrow.

Please let us know if this is the case with yours. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and we will fully refund your order if there is a problem - without the hassle of returning the magwell. While it may not be ideal, you may be able to remove a little material yourself to allow the magazine to seat properly -or- you can dispose of it.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
GG Magwells
View Quote
For whatever reason, the magazine catch notch sits ever so slightly lower on an OEM Glock 10-round (e.g., California-compliant) G19 magazine than on an OEM Glock 15-round G19 magazine.  An OEM Glock 10-round G19 magazine must be inserted a little further in order for the magazine catch to engage.  GG Magwells specifically designed the magwell to accommodate OEM Glock 10-round G19 magazines.  However, the injection-molding process failed to preserve the design dimensions.

For now, I think GG Magwells needs to update the product description to explicitly state that OEM Glock 10-round (e.g., California-compliant) G19 magazines are not supported.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: I'm still waiting for them to be available. Every time I go to the website all I can do is get on a wish list.
View Quote
I had updated the original post in this thread about a week ago to reflect the fact that GG Magwells would start accepting orders on December 2 at 6:00 pm EST.  However, there were only 50 magwells in the first batch and they sold out quickly.  I will update this thread when the next batch drops.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Received the shipping notice tha the magwell adapter is on the way.

Never asked for a refund, but sure got one.

Going to be using Magpul mags anyway.

May have to start a new thread.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: Received the shipping notice tha the magwell adapter is on the way.

Never asked for a refund, but sure got one.

Going to be using Magpul mags anyway.

May have to start a new thread.
View Quote
You never asked for a refund, but GG Magwells refunded your money?
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]

OEM Glock 10-round (aka, California-compliant) G19 Magazines

The magazine catch notch sits ever so slightly lower on an OEM Glock 10-round (aka, California-compliant) G19 magazine than on an OEM Glock 15-round G19 magazine.  An OEM Glock 10-round G19 magazine must be inserted a little further in order for the magazine catch to engage.  GG Magwells specifically designed the magwell to accommodate OEM Glock 10-round G19 magazines.  This was explicitly stated in the product description at the time the magwells first dropped on December 2.  Unfortunately, the injection-molding process failed to preserve the design dimensions.  Too much force is required to insert an OEM Glock 10-round G19 magazine into the GG Magwells Dagger Compact magwell.  OEM Glock and Magpul PMAG GL9 15-round and 15+round magazines work fine.

GG Magwells has refunded everyone's money who lives in a state with a 10-round maximum magazine capacity restriction.  These customers get to keep their magwell.  They can attempt to remove a little material in order to allow a OEM Glock 10-round G19 magazine to seat properly.

GG Magwells has updated the product description to read, "This magwell is not compatible with OEM Glock 10rd G19 (California compliant) magazine."
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I can honestly say I really hope that GG Magwells puts out a FDE version for the Dagger soon.

Tried ten Magpul GL9 magazine with no issues what so ever.

Once seated, there is still about 1 to 1.5mm of upward travel in the magwell.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: I can honestly say I really hope that GG Magwells puts out a FDE version for the Dagger soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted: I can honestly say I really hope that GG Magwells puts out a FDE version for the Dagger soon.
They need to ramp up production to meet demand for the black magwell first.

Tried ten Magpul GL9 magazine with no issues what so ever.

Once seated, there is still about 1 to 1.5mm of upward travel in the magwell.
It's good to know a Magpul PMAG GL9 10-round magazine works.

Maybe someone can explain why Glock felt the need to move the magazine catch notch with the OEM Glock G19 10-round magazine.

Link Posted: 12/11/2022 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#12]

DaggerTM Compact Magwell
Picture Gallery

Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]

DaggerTM Compact Magwell
Update

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#14]

DaggerTM Compact Magwell
Review

GG polymer magwell vs SLR Rifleworks unboxing & install
Elevated Defense
GG polymer magwell vs SLR Rifleworks *unboxing & install*

And my thoughts ...
Excellent review, Elevated Defense. I've already passed it along to GG Magwells.?
?
I prefer the recessed screw of the GG magwell to the flat head screw of the SLR Rifleworks magwell.?
?
I'll mention to GG Magwells about the lack of instructions. I think they can either include instructions in the form of a small slip of paper in the box or post the instructions to their web site as part of the product description. I think the key points to address, as you pointed out, are the need to slip the magwell over the lip on the front of the frame and the needed screw tension.?
?
The blemish in the back of the magwell corresponds to the gate where the polymer is injected.?
?
Check something for me ... I tested several preproduction versions of the GG Magwell (I haven't received my production version, yet
??) and I was of the opinion that it preserved just a little bit more of the frame length as compared to the SLR Rifleworks magwell. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.?
?
Price: $29.99 doll hairs + $5 shipping?
?
A large batch of GG magwells will be available for purchase on December 30.?
?
Again, great review.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 1:14:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks OP. Will be ordering one and hopefully they'll offer other colors and versions for the full-sized Daggers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: Thanks OP. Will be ordering one and hopefully they'll offer other colors and versions for the full-sized Daggers.
View Quote
I'll let them get through this next batch, then raise the questions again regarding colored magwells to match the DaggerTM flat dark earth, gray, and sniper green slides or frames and a magwell for the DaggerTM Full Size - S frame.  GG Magwells has said they're willing to tackle both options.  The question is more when.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#17]
By the way, the SLR Rifleworks DaggerTM Full Size - S magwell is expected to drop next week.  As with their DaggerTM Compact magwell, it will be a beautifully designed and manufactured black anodized aluminum magwell ... with a price tag to match.  SLR Rifleworks currently has their magwells 10% off.  I'll encourage Todd to apply that discount to the DaggerTM Full Size - S magwell, possibly through SHOT Show.

I'm maintaining a list of all the DaggerTM magwells, spacers, and magazine sleeves (3D-printed, polymer, aluminum, ...) here,
DaggerTM Magwells and Magazine Sleeves
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#18]

DaggerTM Compact Magwell
Update

The GG Magwells DaggerTM Compact polymer magwell is back in stock!

POLYMER MAGWELL FOR PSA DAGGER COMPACT

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#19]

DaggerTM Compact Magwell
Modification to Accept OEM Glock 10-round G19 Magazine

As stated in the GG Magwells DaggerTM Compact magwell product description,
This magwell is not compatible with OEM Glock 10rd G19 (California compliant) magazine.?
GG Magwells specifically designed and tested the DaggerTM Compact magwell to accept an OEM Glock 10-round G19 (i.e., California-compliant) magazine. However, the magwell dimensions were not preserved as part of the injection molding process.

GG Magwells has identified two techniques for modifying the DaggerTM Compact magwell to accept an OEM Glock 10-round G19 magazine. GG Magwells recommends the second technique (in blue) which involves beveling the top corners of the magazine baseplate. This technique is easy and doesn't affect the magwell "funnel".

Link Posted: 12/31/2022 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#20]

DaggerTM Compact Magwell
Picture Gallery (continued)

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got my magwell and it fits fine for the most part. It will not work with my Vickers/Tango Down Glock floor plates.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted: Just got my magwell and it fits fine for the most part. I will not work with my Vickers/Tango Down Glock floor plates.
View Quote
Thanks for sharing!  This is the first time I've heard mention of base plates. I just saw a post today saying the GG magwell is compatible with a long list of magazine extensions.  With the GG magwell (similar to the SLR Rifleworks magwells), the magazine sits well up into the magwell.  I can understand how aftermarket base plates could present challenges.

Would it be possible to modify the magwell to work?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing!  This is the first time I've heard mention of base plates. I just saw a post today saying the GG magwell is compatible with a long list of magazine extensions.  With the GG magwell (similar to the SLR Rifleworks magwells), the magazine sits well up into the magwell.  I can understand how aftermarket base plates could present challenges.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Just got my magwell and it fits fine for the most part. I will not work with my Vickers/Tango Down Glock floor plates.

here are some cr**py phone pics. The sides might be modified by taking a chunk of each side of the magwell, but it also interferes with the back of the magwell. Taking material of three sides will weaken the integrity of the structure too much. Rats.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

In the pics the mag is in as far as it will go, but it's not locked into the frame.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Got mine for a new Dagger and it appears to be a quality product that fits well.  However, my hands may be a little too large for the Dagger grip, and it’s not working for me.  If anyone wants one at a reduced cost Shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted: Got mine for a new Dagger and it appears to be a quality product that fits well.  However, my hands may be a little too large for the Dagger grip, and it’s not working for me.
View Quote
You're not the first person to report this.  I've added a cautionary note to the first post in this thread.  I will say, I think the GG magwells preserves just a little more of the DaggerTM Compact frame height as compared to the SLR Rifleworks DaggerTM Compact magwell.

SLR Rifleworks does offer a magwell for the DaggerTM Full Size - S frame.  GG Magwells is considering a magwell for the DaggerTM Full Size - S frame.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Got mine for a new Dagger and it appears to be a quality product that fits well.  However, my hands may be a little too large for the Dagger grip, and it’s not working for me.  If anyone wants one at a reduced cost Shoot me an IM.
View Quote

IM sent for my pops
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Just ordered a full size dagger frame since I have suddenly become a Dagger convert.  Anyone tried the magwell on a full size frame yet?
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted: Just ordered a full size dagger frame since I have suddenly become a Dagger convert.  Anyone tried the magwell on a full size frame yet?
View Quote
As I mentioned in the original post, "This magwell does not fit the DaggerTM Full Size - S frame."
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just ordered a full size dagger frame since I have suddenly become a Dagger convert.  Anyone tried the magwell on a full size frame yet?
View Quote

https://slrrifleworks.com/psa-dagger-magwell---full-size/
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone know if this magwell works with Strike Industries magazine extensions?

Specifically this one:
https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-emp-g19.html
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if this magwell works with Strike Industries magazine extensions?

Specifically this one:
https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-emp-g19.html
View Quote

I finally ordered this magwell.  It does not work with the SI mag extensions I liked above.

The good:  Very cost effective.  Installs easily.  Looks nice.

The bad:  If you have large hands and already had issues with the lip on the Dagger grip then you're not going to like this.  It really makes it hard to get a good grip on the Dagger when it is installed.  I might try to shave it down a bit to see if I can get it comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#33]
All the links are dead. Who's selling the compact magwell?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
All the links are dead. Who's selling the compact magwell?
View Quote

GG Magwells is still selling it but it looks like they changed the URL.  I went to their homepage and it's right there.

https://ggmagwells.com/polymer-magwell-for-psa-dagger-compact/
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

GG Magwells is still selling it but it looks like they changed the URL.  I went to their homepage and it's right there.

https://ggmagwells.com/polymer-magwell-for-psa-dagger-compact/
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#36]
trying to install one on a friends gun. and it does not go in like the install video in this thread.   you cannot push the insert to line up the hole with one hand like he did in the video.  even with two hands you can barely hold it in place.  not tried installing the screw yet. wondering if that much force will cause it to crack.  you can just start to push it in before it fights back. yes its over the front lip.

it is the compact frame.

was  able to figure it out what I was doing wrong.  After GG had responded saying they test fit each one before shipping.

Make sure it slides into that inner slot in the front. otherwise it will fight you and not be aligned correctly.  **
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'll let them get through this next batch, then raise the questions again regarding colored magwells to match the DaggerTM flat dark earth, gray, and sniper green slides or frames and a magwell for the DaggerTM Full Size - S frame.  GG Magwells has said they're willing to tackle both options.  The question is more when.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Thanks OP. Will be ordering one and hopefully they'll offer other colors and versions for the full-sized Daggers.

I emailed GG Magwells about FDE Magwells for the full size frame this past weekend.  Here is the exchange...
My question:  Do you have plans for a full-size magwell in FDE for the PSA Dagger in the future?

Their reply:  That is the plan, but it's not in the near future. We are working on replacing the current tool for a new one with a different material, so this will take a couple of months.

This wasn't what I was hoping to hear.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I splurged on the aluminum model and have to say it is a really nice piece.  Fit and finish is top notch, installation easy.  It does make the grip a hair too small for me but the wife said it felt pretty good in her hand.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:57:43 AM EDT
[#39]
@wickedbeernut

Will you be offering the polymer version anymore?
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@wickedbeernut

View All Quotes
Quoted:
@wickedbeernut

Quoted:

I'm not affiliated with GG Magwells.  

But he is a very knowledgeable source of obscure information on the PSA Dagger, even when he's been banned from just about any group that's run by PSA employees (or PSA sycophants )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top