Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2023 5:40:43 PM EDT
Thought about a NAA for pocket carry at work… my question is what do you guys do with keys and all you normally carry in that pocket? I’m right handed and that’s normally where keys go. Wallet is already in front left… just curious
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing but the firearm and a trigger-guard covering holster goes in the pocket.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I second "nothing but the firearm."

You'll adjust to carrying stuff in other pockets.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing but the firearm and a trigger-guard covering holster goes in the pocket.
View Quote

Solid gold, take it to the bank-grade ARFCOM wisdom. This is the only way.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know where your keys are going, but I know they're not going in that right front pocket.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know where your keys are going, but I know they're not going in that right front pocket.
View Quote
I keep my keys on a belt loop and nothing else in that pocket. I feel that it's not safe and could hinder pulling the pistol out if needed.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. If anything else. This.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
A-Holster  gun Left pocket
Keys right pocket

Right handed
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Move wallet to right-hand pocket. Tuck NAA in behind it. No print and can still be readily accessed. Keys, etc. go in left-hand pocket.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#9]
For me the answer is cargo pants or shorts
While I am left handed I carry and shoot a pistol right handed ( long story)
My left pocket has my knife and a reload for the gun ( if an auto)
Right front pocket gun in holster and speed strip if a revolver
Left cargo pocket miscellaneous
Right cargo pocket wallet and keys
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:39:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't do pocket carry, if I was going t carry an NAA gun it would be in this

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 1:31:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Tuck the keys in the change pocket of my jeans or in the left pocket above or below the wallet.  I'm just not brave enuf.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#12]
If pocket carry is really your only option, there are much better options than an NAA mini revolver.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I use something similar to this......

I just clip my keys to my belt. There are several types of key clips out there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Cargo pants. P365 or PM9 in a Recluse OS holster in right front pocket. Knife, flashlight, and spare change in left front pocket. Phone in left phone pocket. Keys in right cargo pocket. (Wallet goes in my shirt pocket - nothing goes in the rear pants pockets because I don't want to sit on stuff.)
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I use a DeSantis Superfly with a Keltec or Kahr .380 and there is a little room below the trigger guard for a small key ring or my AirPods.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If pocket carry is really your only option, there are much better options than an NAA mini revolver.
View Quote

This.

Depending on what kind of pants you’re wearing at work, you could easily carry a semi-auto .380 - and potentially something bigger.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.

Depending on what kind of pants you’re wearing at work, you could easily carry a semi-auto .380 - and potentially something bigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

The only gun I ever pocket carry (and then only as a BUG) is a P-32. It’s so flat and light it disappears even in slim cut dress pants and it’s worlds better than an NAA.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I carry a 642 Smith (hammerless 38) Normally when its colder and its in my jacket pocket instead of pants.

Wanted to tell this story. Guy I knew carried a 38 snubby hammer style. Needed to run and get gas for work the next morning. Threw it in his pants pocket.
Drove to gas station and got out to pump gas. Put his hand in his pocket and the thing was cocked. He told me that at work years ago.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I carry a 642 Smith (hammerless 38) Normally when its colder and its in my jacket pocket instead of pants.

Wanted to tell this story. Guy I knew carried a 38 snubby hammer style. Needed to run and get gas for work the next morning. Threw it in his pants pocket.
Drove to gas station and got out to pump gas. Put his hand in his pocket and the thing was cocked. He told me that at work years ago.
View Quote

Holy shit.

That would be a tense few seconds…
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Years ago I had a Colt Mustang that I occasionally pocket carried, until one day I pulled it out and the safety was off.  Yeah, it was in a holster but the trigger on that gun was really light- that was the last day I ever pocket carried that gun.  Before that I'd pocket carried a NAA Mini as it was the smallest gun I could find that I could afford (Seecamps were out of my price range); I'd have been fired on the spot if I'd been caught with a gun (this was before I worked EMS, where I'd have been fired and likely arrested so no gun at all while doing that).  They are so tiny you could drop it in your sock, put it under your hat, etc.  These days I have a LCP with Desantis holster for pocket carry; still a compromise but it's probably the best gun for that niche.  

As an aside, back in the early '90s, my uncle's first NAA Mini was stolen and ended up as exhibit A in a murder trial down in Florida and over the years I've worked more than one call involving .22s- everything's a compromise but I'd do what I could to carry at least a KT P32 or preferably a LCP before I went back to the Mini.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm really liking a 642 I picked up a few weeks ago & pocket carry it daily. I put CT grips on it couple of weeks ago, makes for a pretty damned impressive rule #1 (have a gun), if I leave my property I have a 365XL AIWB as well...options are a good thing.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bigly.
If you're carrying in the pocket in a non-permissive environment, then you do need a smaller compromise gun. If it's not a NPE then you can get a more capable pocket pistol.
But the NAA minis, while better than nothing, and have been used successfully for defense, are marginal in terms of usability.
Obtaining a firing grip in the pocket, drawing and cocking the hammer, and then making a hit is a coordination intensive process with several failure points. The gun is so small it's very difficult to manipulate at any speed.
Then cocking, aiming and firing a second shot-that hits-is another set of intense manipulations. The single hand rate of fire from hit to hit on a B8 black at 3 yards is about 1/3 to 1/4 as fast as an auto or revolver.
If you can shoot it two handed you can weak hand thumb the hammer very quickly with better accuracy, but you're relying on being able to employ it two handed.
The grip is tiny, and adding any sort of grip enhancement quickly brings the gun into the small auto size range in one or more dimensions.
Like any other gun, it should be alone in the pocket, and in a purpose built holster. The whole package isn't that much smaller than a P32/LCP, and far less capable.
As a deep cover BUG to a more capable pistol? Maybe.
As a primary? Last resort, tied with a derringer.

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I pocket carry an LCP in the summertime.  Nothing but the gun and holster in the pocket.   Highly recommend having a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for everyone’s take. I’m normally in jeans all the time, but going back to cargo pants might be an option and upgrade to something bigger then the .22
I know gun would be anything in the pocket … was more curious where everyone else moved there edc stuff.. keys, knife , wallet etc
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I pocket carry an LCP in the summertime.  Nothing but the gun and holster in the pocket.   Highly recommend having a pocket holster.
View Quote

This and carry a backpack or fanny pack over the shoulder for the misc stuff you need to move around.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#27]
In jeans or slacks, J-frame in front right pocket, wallet in back right pocket, speed loader in a small uncle mikes holster left pocket, small knife, flashlight (sometimes) front left pocket, keys back left pocket if standing/walking, otherwise in front left. Summer carry cargo shorts are much easier as you have more pockets. Jeans or pants with some kind of spandex like ariat m5s make pocket carry a lot easier as the pockets have some stretch. Same goes with slacks although I rarely wear, just make sure pockets are big and deep enough to conceal the whole gun.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 1:32:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I usually wear a pair of Vertx jeans that have extra pockets for cells phones and keys.
Otherwise I use a small carabiner for my keys and slap it on to one of my belt loops.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:25:16 AM EDT
[#29]
LCP2/holster in strong hand front pocket.
Phone in WH pocket. Magazine in a padded pocket pouch outboard of the phone.
Wallet in back pocket.
Keys clipped to belt loop. The key ring has a fob, a house key, a small SAK and a photon flashlight.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thanks for everyone's take. I'm normally in jeans all the time, but going back to cargo pants might be an option and upgrade to something bigger then the .22
I know gun would be anything in the pocket   was more curious where everyone else moved there edc stuff.. keys, knife , wallet etc
View Quote
I carry a bobbed hammer Ruger SP-101 in a Desantis Superfly in a front pocket. My wallet, phone (bare, no case) and pocket knife (with a clip on the edge of the pocket) in the other front pocket.

My keys go in a jacket pocket pocket in the winter, or a rear pants pocket in the summer. Same with the flashlight (opposite pocket as the keys).

In the winter I also carry a reload in a jacket pocket. In the summer, I just go without one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Absolutely this...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top