Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2017 4:56:06 PM EDT
Hey guys,

While I was waiting on the Case colored 50ae's to land I came across the gun I've wanted forever at a great price.  It came with some caveats, but I still took it.  

Album - https://imgur.com/a/ehi9z

Any idea how I might go about cleaning this up or it something I'm going to be stuck with on the gun.  I bought it knowing full well what it was, but if I can clean it up, I want to try.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The attraction (and to each their own) with that particular edition is the finish.  You bought it...well, very very gently.  If it's not too deep you could get lucky.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Well,

I guess for $1000 I'll have to live with it, one way or another.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Cotton swabs or a piece of cloth diaper, little dab of oil, rub...see how much comes off.  Too much on the glossy bits and you'll dull the finish, in the contrasting area not such a worry but the contrasting textures you add will stand out.

If it goes sideways, buff it out and get creative.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#4]
hot link https://imgur.com/a/ehi9z

Honestly, it really doesn't look bad, just a little variation in what is already supposed to be random tiger stripes.

I would clean the gun but not try and do too much with speckled finish. You might do more harm than good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
DE's & rust? You don't say?   Normal for these things.  You need to keep a coat of oil on them in storage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top