BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 70
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pokey074:
And you can use them through the red dot?
View Quote
Yes. But you won't.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Yes. But you won't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Yes. But you won't.
Good enough for me. I like having them just in case.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By vmpglenn:

An enclosed emitter optic is easier to clean, IMHO:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26706/pdp_509t-1861463.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vmpglenn:
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

I blow it off every day, and wipe the lense about once a week with a cloth.

An enclosed emitter optic is easier to clean, IMHO:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26706/pdp_509t-1861463.jpg

Nice looking setup
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:37:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pleaforwar] [#4]
@fooboy

That clippy comment almost cost me a keyboard.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Ameriglo gl-429

That’s what I use on my 19 MOS with RMR and they are the perfect height.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Just sent off my slide to Jagerwerks. Whats the current wait time for people that just got theirs back?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheBrokePilot:
Just sent off my slide to Jagerwerks. Whats the current wait time for people that just got theirs back?
View Quote

Mine was 7 weeks, just got it back a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#8]
6-8 weeks
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By phdui76: 6-8 weeks
View Quote
Is that with or without black nitride?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#10]
First time today at the range: disappointment.

I've been shooting predominantly GLOCK for decades so the grip angle is natural to me. I have no problem picking up the dot.

The bad news: I ran out of elevation adjustment. Looking at the plate/sight interface, the sight is canted upward. Correct me if I'm wrong, but would that not cause me to overcorrect downwards, causing me to run out of vertical adjustment?

A HUGE shoutout to Roger Wang at Forward Controls! Emailed them about my problem and Roger emailed me back within minutes. After a few emails back and forth, he personally called me. On a Saturday! Roger explained how to fit the plate to the sight so I'll give that a try tomorrow.

In the meantime I'm going to try the GLOCK plate with the Forward Controls screws just to make sure there isn't anything wrong with the RMR itself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#11]
First time today at the range: disappointment.

I've been shooting predominantly GLOCK for decades so the grip angle is natural to me. I have no problem picking up the dot.

The bad news: I ran out of elevation adjustment. Looking at the plate/sight interface, the sight is canted upward. Correct me if I'm wrong, but would that not cause me to overcorrect downwards, causing me to run out of vertical adjustment?

A HUGE shoutout to Roger Wang at Forward Controls! Emailed them about my problem and Roger emailed me back within minutes. After a few emails back and forth, he personally called me. On a Saturday! Roger explained how to fit the plate to the sight so I'll give that a try tomorrow.

In the meantime I'm going to try the GLOCK plate with the Forward Controls screws just to make sure there isn't anything wrong with the RMR itself.
View Quote

That sucks.

I use the Glock mos plate for the rmr and have never had an issue, and I beat up my pistols.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Range trip #2 today: a Pyrrhic victory.

Using the GLOCK plate and Forward Controls screws, I had more than enough elevation adjustment.

The good news, no problem picking up the dot. The bad news, I'm definitely more accurate with iron sights... Which is probably due to both sets of screws being loose when I got home. Must not have let the Vibra-Tite dry long enough before installing the screws.

So I decide to start working on fitting the Forward Controls plate to my RMR when I notice that my plate has a bunch of extra material between the lugs and front shelf. No wonder the sight wouldn't sit flush! Look at pictures on Forward Controls' website and they show perfectly flat milling between the lugs and front shelf.

Email them with pictures and I get a response within minutes. Roger says it's one of the defective ones that slipped through and they're sending me a new one tomorrow. Again, SUPER great customer service from Forward Controls!

So, maybe Friday, if the new plate gets here by then, I can get to the range again to test everything out.

For the screws, more Vibra-Tite, or does blue LockTite work?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Using the GLOCK plate and Forward Controls screws, I had more than enough elevation adjustment.

The good news, no problem picking up the dot. The bad news, I'm definitely more accurate with iron sights... Which is probably due to both sets of screws being loose when I got home. Must not have let the Vibra-Tite dry long enough before installing the screws.

So I decide to start working on fitting the Forward Controls plate to my RMR when I notice that my plate has a bunch of extra material between the lugs and front shelf. No wonder the sight wouldn't sit flush! Look at pictures on Forward Controls' website and they show perfectly flat milling between the lugs and front shelf.

Email them with pictures and I get a response within minutes. Roger says it's one of the defective ones that slipped through and they're sending me a new one tomorrow. Again, SUPER great customer service from Forward Controls!

So, maybe Friday, if the new plate gets here by then, I can get to the range again to test everything out.

View Quote

Use the Vibra-Tite. Place it on the screws. Wait 30 minutes. It will be tacky. Then install your plate/rds. I always give it 24 hrs to setup before shooting. Never had a problem.

Unfortunate that you have to redo things. That’s probably $87 thousand dollars in ammo you wasted. Lol...or not lol.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
I used blue Loctite. I didn't know how Vibra-Tite is supposed to be applied so I used it like Loctite and didn't care for it. Now that I know how it is supposed to be used, I think I'd prefer the Vibra-Tite.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been considering a holosun optic for my shield as well how do you like it and what would I need to mount it? Looks good,Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sunnybean:

Use the Vibra-Tite. Place it on the screws. Wait 30 minutes. It will be tacky. Then install your plate/rds. I always give it 24 hrs to setup before shooting. Never had a problem.

Unfortunate that you have to redo things. That's probably $87 thousand dollars in ammo you wasted. Lol...or not lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sunnybean:

Unfortunate that you have to redo things. That's probably $87 thousand dollars in ammo you wasted. Lol...or not lol.

I load 9mm. I made sure not to take any more than that. Gotta ration what I have due to the primer shortage.

Got a tube of Vibra-Tite on order...
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cameronswmp9] [#17]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Just needs RSA, sealing plate, and ammo through it. May do some trigger work too...

EDIT: and sights installed. I have them, just not a pusher
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Cameronswmp9:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227739/PXL_20210317_213550611_jpg-1869636.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227739/PXL_20210317_213617659_jpg-1869638.JPG

Just needs RSA, sealing plate, and ammo through it. May do some trigger work too...

View Quote

@Cameronswmp9

You want to borrow my sight pusher?
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:

@Cameronswmp9

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227739/PXL_20210317_213550611_jpg-1869636.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227739/PXL_20210317_213617659_jpg-1869638.JPG

@Cameronswmp9

Optics bros

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#20]

@Cameronswmp9

View Quote

@iasc300ia that sounds amazing, I really appreciate it! PM inbound!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#21]

@iasc300ia that sounds amazing, I really appreciate it! PM inbound!
View Quote

Done, ill get it shipped out tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Which Trijicon RMR do you guys recommend? I just got a Glock 45 MOS, and am looking at the battery powered ones and the dual illumination ones
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Got my AmeriGlo 429's installed.

Got the replacement Forward Controls plate. This one actually allows the RMR to sit flush.

Fucking USPS lost my VibraTite.

Maybe before the end of the month I can get it done...
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Which Trijicon RMR do you guys recommend? I just got a Glock 45 MOS, and am looking at the battery powered ones and the dual illumination ones
View Quote
I went with the RM06 and I am pleased with the features. I'm not a fan of fiber optic sights, although the tritium may offset some of my concerns with it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:55:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#25]
Regarding zero shift when replacing Rmr batteries:

I mark my screws when I properly torque (including left and right screws so I don't mix up).

When I change battery - I torque to same spot. I'd say 75% of the time my zero requires no change.

25% of the time, I have made 1-2 clicks max. This is at 15Y.

To put it in perspective, they would still be hitting an index card at 25Y without adjustment.

ETA:  Found a picture from prior post. This was the most I've had a zero change at 15Y after battery replacement.  However, I switched ammo weight as wel (to higher grain), so that probably accounted for some of it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
I went with the RM06 and I am pleased with the features. I'm not a fan of fiber optic sights, although the tritium may offset some of my concerns with it.
View All Quotes

Over the Holosun offerings?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Sounds like he was considering the Dual-Illuminated RMR.

Despite the negative reviews I often ponder one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 762AR25:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 762AR25:

That's the one I am considering.............I know they suffer from washout when a light is used, but I planned on using suppressor height sights and that would help.........I like the no battery option
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
I'm not really interested in Holosun.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]

That's the one I am considering.............I know they suffer from washout when a light is used, but I planned on using suppressor height sights and that would help.........I like the no battery option
View Quote
Just like with rifle optics, battery life is good enough these days that settling for the disadvantages of a non-battery powered optic just doesn't make much sense to me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

RM06. The 3.25 MOA dot is just about perfect and adjustable means you get the auto-adjust and manual control of dot brightness if needed. I find the auto-adjust works well for about 99% of lighting conditions, but having the manual control gives me peace of mind.

Ameriglo 429 sights are awesome back up sights. Lower 1/4 to lower 1/3 co-witness depending on how the dot is mounted, all black sights to minimize clutter in your sight picture.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Loving how this is turning out. I misplaced my front sight tool, so it's on but lose (and may be crooked in pics, that's why). Torque on RMR needed as well.

How necessary is the sealing plate? Need a RSA and was going to order one, if it's needed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Must have to waterproof unit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 6:14:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#34]
Must have to waterproof unit.
View Quote

Definitely.

Trijicon makes a sealing plate that comes with what you need.
https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ac32064
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I see no reason not to install a sealing plate.  It can only help keep moisture out of your $450+ MRDS.  This is especially important if you cut a slide and don't recoat it as there's a potential for rust.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I didn't use the sealing plate as I didn't feel it was necessary with the FCD plate.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't use the sealing plate as I didn't feel it was necessary with the FCD plate.
View Quote

The sealing plate is just for Glock MOS plates afaik
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Well I ordered one, and the RSA. Should be shootable this weekend, just need time to shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:38:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#39]
Well, I am the proud new owner of a Glock 45 MOS.............and it came with 4 different mounting plates. I am going to also get a Trijicon RMO6 for it..........guess I also need a sealing plate. Should I get the Trijicon sealing plate, or can you use other brands?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wickedbeernut] [#40]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia: The sealing plate is just for Glock MOS plates afaik
View Quote
I have sealing plates on my JagerWerks-cut G19 slides and my NPM / BMC G44 slides.

ETA:  The Trijicon RMR sealing plate corresponds to the Trijicon RMR footprint.  It doesn't matter whether the RMR is directly attached to an RMR-cut slide or an adapter plate (MOS or otherwise).
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By wickedbeernut:
I have sealing plates on my JagerWerks-cut G19 slides and my NPM / BMC G44 slides.

ETA:  The Trijicon RMR sealing plate corresponds to the Trijicon RMR footprint.  It doesn't matter whether the RMR is directly attached to an RMR-cut slide or an adapter plate (MOS or otherwise).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wickedbeernut:
Originally Posted By iasc300ia: The sealing plate is just for Glock MOS plates afaik

Cool, thanks for the information
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#42]
It seems everyone is out of Trijicon RMRs at the moment
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#43]
EE.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#44]
EE.
View Quote

I looked.............didnt find the one I want
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
EE.

What model are you looking for?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
EE.

After looking at a friend's gun, I decided on the dual illumination one
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
EE.

Do you have a preferred dot size?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:39:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#48]
@Cyclone
PSA has the 7moa dot, which is the smallest dot in the dual illuminated rmrs, and probably the most recommended.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/trijicon-rmr-dual-illuminated-reflex-sight-7-moa-dot-rm04.html?avad=211021_a20c2bdc5&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=df
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:41:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#49]
@Cyclone
PSA has the 7moa dot, which is the smallest dot in the dual illuminated rmrs, and probably the most recommended.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/trijicon-rmr-dual-illuminated-reflex-sight-7-moa-dot-rm04.html?avad=211021_a20c2bdc5&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=df
View Quote

Thanks for the link...............I will definitely order one. The 7 moa was the one I wanted, as I am going to put suppressor height night sights on the gun
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Thanks for the link...............I will definitely order one. The 7 moa was the one I wanted, as I am going to put suppressor height night sights on the gun
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top