Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2020 4:23:00 PM EDT
Just picked up a new 92X full size and surplus 81 .32 this morning from my ffl, now if we could just get some ranges open!

Won both on GB and total for both was less than a M9a3 and the X has a couple nicer features

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice set. The X series are a sweet pistol line.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine seems decent enough.   There are some reports of some poor examples shipping out too though.  Inspect it closely.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine seems decent enough.   There are some reports of some poor examples shipping out too though.  Inspect it closely.
View Quote

That’s why I bid on one instead of rolling the dice on Midway or Classic, I ended up a bit cheaper too with fees and shipping
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DCopp:
Mine seems decent enough.   There are some reports of some poor examples shipping out too though.  Inspect it closely.
View Quote

What sort of issues are popping up?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SickMAK90:

What sort of issues are popping up?
View Quote

Poor finish, crooked slide cuts, one guy had the slide milled wrong where the safety detent ball and spring go.  You know, typical BUSA stuff.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Poor finish, crooked slide cuts, one guy had the slide milled wrong where the safety detent ball and spring go.  You know, typical BUSA stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SickMAK90:

What sort of issues are popping up?

Poor finish, crooked slide cuts, one guy had the slide milled wrong where the safety detent ball and spring go.  You know, typical BUSA stuff.

I guess I haven’t looked mine over that closely but it shoots and functions fine. The only “issue” I have is that my front sight has a ding it it, but you can’t see it while shooting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#7]
The main mechanical differences between the 92X and the M9A3 are the threaded barrel and night sights, plus you can get an Italian M9A3 which seems to have less QC issues. Other than that it's mainly a difference of personal preference in the trigger guard shape and color and grip options, along with the other size options you get in the 92X line. Once you get above $600 for a 92X, it's user preference as to which model to go for.

Personally, I love the factory 92X Vertec grips. They keep that gun in your hand. They remind me of the old Glock RTF stippling. haven't seen them on the BUSA webstore yet, but I will eventually aquire a set.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up two Beretta 81’s this past week.  From Midway USA...$219 each.  

No mechanical wear on them at all..no barrel wear...no wear on the slide face.  Just a bit of carry wear.  Buying new grips and will be very sharp.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#9]
BWood, those look awesome! Figured they would be rusty at that price
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Only light holster or handling wear.  Mechanical wear is non-existant.

Midway is out of them now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#11]
How are the 81s? I've never seen/shot one before.
Did only the Italian Police use them? Were they ever used by US police or military?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#12]
81’s are great.  The Beretta 84, 85, 86, and 87 are all part of the series.  

These were Italian police trade ins.  32acp....12 round mag capacity..  

I own 2 Beretta 85’s also...the 81’s are a bit wider due to the high cap mag compared to the 85 series..(single stack).  Both feel amazing in my hands.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I just scored an 81 to go with my 84fs. Italian Prison System turn-ins. Went for Excellent grade from RTP through GA and at the time aim and midway were out of stock of all grades. Classic was showing G/VG at a just-raised price of 249 plus best of 10 for 25 more. Stumbled across the Excellent on GA for additional $14 after reading a comment about getting classic'd and am so glad I did. A huge "Thank you" to that post'er! My new (to me) 81 has only slight leading edge holster wear and a magazine full of lint.  Went to range last weekend and for a 40-yr old pistol was amazed at the quality from RTP. Went I rang out the purchase, it said there were about 5 left. Followed up with two mags from BUSA site using Mothers Day code (MAYSPR) and got 20% off. Added a set of grip screws and got free shipping that arrived in three days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top