Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2021 12:48:59 PM EDT
I had one of these about 25 year ago and missed it.  Found this locally for a good price I think ($650) and had to get it.  I don't even CAS any more (but I COULD).

.45 Colt "Cavalry Model".  Is Navy Arms still in business?  Are they still bringing in guns like these, or is this a relic of the old days?  SN is 4 digit.

Oh...and I found a picture of my old one.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure Navy Arms imported the Uberti guns...... they are still available....

The ones to watch out for are the ASM manufactured guns.....they had issues with the bbl/ locking latch opening at inopportune moments....
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice score, OP!

I'm shaking trees trying to find a 5" .38 Special right now, and they're apparently sold out all across the internet.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm jealous, would love one of those.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
They don't handle black powder very well but are fine with smokeless.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 2:46:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Is this the one Clint Eastwood used in the Shootout scene in the " Unforgiven"?.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this the one Clint Eastwood used in the Shootout scene in the " Unforgiven"?.
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No
View Quote

What do you mean by that?  Munny does use the Kid's Schofield in the shootout in the saloon/whorehouse.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I think he meant that Munny's gun in Unforgiven was a Starr 1858 Army.  You should have asked if it was the gun the Schofield Kid used.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had one of these about 25 year ago and missed it.  Found this locally for a good price I think ($650) and had to get it.  I don't even CAS any more (but I COULD).

https://www.teddydog.org/guns/navyarms_schofield.jpg

.45 Colt "Cavalry Model".  Is Navy Arms still in business?  Are they still bringing in guns like these, or is this a relic of the old days?  SN is 4 digit.

Oh...and I found a picture of my old one.

https://www.teddydog.org/guns/na-schofield.jpg

Rob
View Quote

Very cool! Great price too.  I've yet to see one under a grand.  I'd kill for one of the nickel plated Uberti's in .45 Colt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Very cool! Great price too.  I've yet to see one under a grand.  I'd kill for one of the nickel plated Uberti's in .45 Colt.
View Quote
Some guy is selling a Cimmaron model on the EE for $1200.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#11]
The same shop has/had a Taylor's version for $850.  They seemed pretty much identical except in price.  Both made by Uberti.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the Wells Fargo version.  It was my first handgun purchase when I turned 21.  Mine had some gas blow back issues and timing problems.  Eventually, I got a gunsmith to fix the timing on it.  Now I don't seem to have the gas blow back issues as much.  Yes, real black powder and pyrodex do not work well.  I did find American Pioneer Powder and 777 worked in cartridges.  I also started using light cowboy loads to try to preserve the top latch lock up.  It is a really fun gun to shoot.  I used to use it in Cowboy matches.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice score, OP!

I'm shaking trees trying to find a 5" .38 Special right now, and they're apparently sold out all across the internet.  
View Quote
I always keep my eyes open for that same model. I think they have always been sold out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice, I just picked up a set of Beretta Laramies, been wanting them for years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Some guy is selling a Cimmaron model on the EE for $1200.
View Quote

It's a beauty, I just can't swing $1200 at this point.  It'll have to sit on the wishlist.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice, I just picked up a set of Beretta Laramies, been wanting them for years.
https://i.imgur.com/OoQrHeV.jpg
View Quote
Gorgeous!

I've thought about buying those instead of a #3 schofield with the serpentine latch, but have never seen one of those in person.

Does that hump get in the way of thumb cocking, or the latch get difficult to open due to insufficient leverage or whatnot?  Grips too small?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I always keep my eyes open for that same model. I think they have always been sold out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice score, OP!

I'll @ you when I find one in stock, hopefully you'll do the same.  

It just makes sense that there's none to be bought when I finally get the money to buy them

ETA : @wildearp, I just checked GB and found one Here, from a place I didn't know existed.  They had me my tracking # in 20 minutes, and pulled the GB ad already .  (I found their website online and bought it through there).

I'll be lucky if mine looks as nice as OP's navy arms model, though!  Mine was quite a bit more expensive, too
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#18]
That's a hell of a deal, that's what I paid for mine 4 years ago & prices had skyrocketed on them even before the panic.  I sent my cylinder off to TK Custom & had it cut to accept .45acp on moonclips.  It's accurate and a soft shooter.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I can tell where there was a Taylor's Schofield in .45 Colt for $850.  Was there as of last Saturday.

And today I was offered a REAL S&W Schofield re-issue.  Beautiful and priced at $2,000.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I can tell where there was a Taylor's Schofield in .45 Colt for $850.  Was there as of last Saturday.

And today I was offered a REAL S&W Schofield re-issue.  Beautiful and priced at $2,000.

Rob
View Quote
Never seen one of the Schofield re-issues.

How did it feel in comparison to your Navy Arms?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Local shop to me has a Uberti 1875 #3 in 38 special. Price tag was $900. Looked nice in the case, but I'm after a 45 Colt model.

Looked like this one:

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Never seen one of the Schofield re-issues.

How did it feel in comparison to your Navy Arms?
View Quote

I was not a buyer at $2000, so I didn't handle it.  It LOOKED very much like my Uberti/Navy Arms.  Very nice bluing and CCH small parts.  

rob
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Local shop to me has a Uberti 1875 #3 in 38 special. Price tag was $900. Looked nice in the case, but I'm after a 45 Colt model.

Looked like this one:

https://gundigest.com/wp-content/uploads/Uberti-1875-Top-Break-No-3-1.jpg
View Quote

Been looking for one in 38 for some time now...
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Got this for my birthday last year.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice score, OP!

@wildearp

https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/315630-%E2%80%98wtt-schofields-for-new-vaquero-44spl/

He wants to trade them but maybe cash talks?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Very nice OP. I recently picked this one up from Gunbroker for about $950, shipped. Uberti in 45 Colt.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top