Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2020 4:34:34 PM EDT
Not a bad price I think, 3 1/2 bills with a 25 round magazine.

I don't suppose the new Ruger 10/22 binary trigger would fit it... ?

Bad news though. Now I need to buy a second one so I can dual wield them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll sell you one , mine sucks and has since new . It just doesn't work .
Hopefully yours is better .
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Now find a firing pin as a spare. I had one break, ordered from Intratec directly back in the 90s. Fun little gun, also had the barrel shroud, wish I still had it. Sold for $125 back in the day.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now find a firing pin as a spare. I had one break, ordered from Intratec directly back in the 90s. Fun little gun, also had the barrel shroud, wish I still had it. Sold for $125 back in the day.
View Quote

Thanks. Other than springs, any other spare parts it is good to have?

Also, one website lists three different firing pins for 22T, Sport 22, and just plain 22. Isn't the difference just the barrel and/or finish?
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Also, one website lists three different firing pins for 22T, Sport 22, and just plain 22. Isn't the difference just the barrel and/or finish?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only broke the firing pin on mine.

Not sure on different models but I think there were only cosmetic differences.

The threads are 1/2-20 I think. Be careful tightening anything down on that barrel. My barrel became loose in the polymer frame, it still worked but it could be turned ever so slightly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll sell you one , mine sucks and has since new . It just doesn't work .
Hopefully yours is better .
View Quote

If the price is right I might. I like to work on my guns. What doesn't work about it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a recall on them years ago about the sear wearing out prematurely.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Good old intratec
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Taking it and my other new gun, Mossberg 590a1 to tne range tomorrow. Kind of polar opposites.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone I had was a Jam-O-Matic. I hope yours runs better
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I wanted mine to run badly.....but it never did, think it ran best when I jammed a shim inside the mag well, but then just got rid of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine had a tendency to go full auto.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Everyone I had was a Jam-O-Matic. I hope yours runs better
View Quote

Not so much. Had misfeeds so badly it mangled literally 10% of the rounds. Found it worked best if I held it with one hand. Even then it would "stovepipe"* about 15-20% of the time. Crap gun, I see why it was so cheap. Thing will need a lot of tuning to be a good range toy and not just a way to practice misfire drills.

Challenge Accepted!

* Not just the classic "empty in the ejection port" jam, but brass above the bolt, under the bolt, beside the bolt. Only place it didn't jam** was behind the bolt.

** Yet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ve got one and it runs great or did last time I played with probably 15 years ago.....
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Same here. Always ran well. Just looks nice hanging on the door of the safe now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations on your purchase.  The price paid seems consistent with most current Gunbroker sales.  Features such as vintage magazines and the Intratec carry case do drive the price up somewhat.

I have a Scorpion (the first name that Intratec used) and a Sport 22 (the third name used); and, FWIW, Tec-22 was the intermediate naming of the same basic model.  To me the biggest difference is the Scorpion and Tec-22 named models had the threaded barrel (which as noted in a post above is 1/2-20, once a common muzzle thread for the .22LR).  The Sport 22 deleted the threads to be AWB compliant.

The book "The Terrifying Three" by Duncan Long includes a section on the Intratec .22LR pistols.  The fire control group (FCG) is very similar to that of the AR-7 rifle (and its derivative Charter Arms Explorer II .22LR pistol) except the Intratec FCG is contained in a module.  The trigger and hammer share a common spring.  The spring has to be rather stiff or else the hammer tends to out run the disconnector and burst fire results.  This tendency was discovered in the development of the AR-7 and rediscovered when Intratec first introduced their Scorpion .22LR pistol which prompted the recall noted above.  As the combination spring is stiff; like the AR-7, the Intractec .22LR pistols are generally picky about ammo.  Also, the need for "powerful" ammo is due, at least in part, to the barrel being only 4" long.  Mine run best on ammo such as CCI MiniMag 40 gr., round nose, copper coated, and the like; and will not run on some subsonic ammo or 31 gr. ammo.

A worn extractor is a common problem leading to poor function, and is easily fixed as the extractor (like the magazines) is the same as for a Ruger 10/22.  I did have to replace the worn extractor on the Scorpion.

I've mostly done off hand shooting, and the accuracy has been acceptable - comparable to the AR-15 pistol with 4.5" barrel with open sights.  With the .22LR suppressor I have and CCI SV, 40 gr. ammo, the noise reduction on the Scorpion (using a 1/2-20 to 1/2-28 adapter) was also comparable to that of the AR-15 pistol with 4.5" barrel.

Enjoy your Intratec .22LR pistol.

MHO, YMMV, etc., and be well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top