Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2022 3:55:36 AM EDT
I have been a Para Ord fan from back before they started making complete pistols. I got one of the first steel frame kits which I built into a nice full-size pistol back in 1991. Since then I bought 4 others over the years.

A few years back I was looking on line for Para Ord parts and could not locate their website. I asked around on-line and was told that they were no longer in business.

Today I was looking for Para Ord information and see their website is up and they seem to be in business (again?). What's the story? Was I misled a few years back when I thought they had gone under? Or was there a period when they were out of business?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:31:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Genin] [#1]
IIRC, the company was originally a Canadian company making frame kits.  Then they started making full pistols.  Eventually, the Canadian company was bought out by a US company that folded it into a larger business.  After a while, they just ceased producing anything.

I called a few years back when they were still "in business" and asked about having work done.  They said they wouldn't do any work on Canadian built pistols.   Last I heard, the company was out of business...no longer building any pistols, working on any pistols, and no one has bought them out.  

I really hope some of my info is wrong, because the Canadian built guns I had worked well.

For more info, try looking at Wikipedia for more detailed info.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 7:35:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Grimjaw5] [#2]
Para USA was bought by Remington, and they shut the brand down.  I have no idea who ended up with the rights to Para USA from the sell off of Remington after the bankruptcy.

Para USA was in Pineville, NC which is just outside of Charlotte before they got bought.

Remington Asset    Winning Bidder
Remington Firearms    Roundhill Group, LLC (Real Estate Investors)
Dakota Firearms    Roundhill Group, LLC (Real Estate Investors)
Remington Ammo    Vista Outdoor, Inc. (Federal Ammo)
Barnes Bullets    Sierra Bullets, LLC
Marlin Firearms    Sturm, Ruger & Co, Inc.
Bushmaster Firearms    Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc.
Tapco (parts)    Sportsman's Warehouse, Inc.
DPMS Firearms    JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
H&R Firearms    JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
AAC Silencers    JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
Parker Shotguns    JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
Stormlake Barrels    JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If you go to this website :  https://paraordnanceguns.com/

..it really looks like they are still in business and owned by Remington. This site offers firearms and lists prices.

I have no idea if this site is just some kind of scam or if they are actually still in business under the Remington brand. If it was a scam I would expect that Remington would be taking legal action to shut the website down.

Reading between the lines it almost looks like this site is there to sell off remaining stock that Remington has on hand.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ronin76:

..it really looks like they are still in business and owned by Remington. This site offers firearms and lists prices.

I have no idea if this site is just some kind of scam or if they are actually still in business under the Remington brand. If it was a scam I would expect that Remington would be taking legal action to shut the website down.

Reading between the lines it almost looks like this site is there to sell off remaining stock that Remington has on hand.  
View Quote
That IS a scammer site.  They only take payment in Crypto or Zelle, Giant flashing warning sign.

Also the prices are about a 1/10 of the old retail and maybe 1/20 of current gunbroker prices.

Run away, do not walk.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Too bad, I have a couple of their pistols and always found them quite a bit more comfortable to shoot than a single stack.
Their Limited is really quite nice, for something made a few decades ago.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya, unfortunately, Para got "Freedom Grouped"

I have an "Expert" Alloy frame gun, Commander sized, US made, that I've added Hogue grips and mainspring housing to.  Great gun.  It carries exceptionally well in a SuperTuck.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:07:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rbass] [#7]
My very first gun was a stainless canadian built P1640 LTD. It has been a fantastic gun over the years and who knows how many thousands of rounds. It has also never had a failure outside of a batch of reloads that a new to reloading buddy made up for me. Great pistol, it will always be in my collection.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeepdan] [#8]
Yea it's getting tough to find certain parts for them.

I purchased two steel frame 45acp "gunsmith kits" 30 years ago. After all of that time I have just finished up one of them.

It's a custom bobtail that I built.  
Checkering on the Para frames is frustrating due to small defects in the cast steel.
Bought the NOS stainless slide/ barrel off of ebay. Still haven't decided on a finish for the steel frame.
I removed the crappy Para plastic trigger shoe from it's bow and installed a Dlask magnesium trigger shoe to it.

I have it shooting great, but it sure is a pants full in a IWB holster.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Is that your site? Because there's absolutely nothing legitimate looking about it and it certainly doesn't look like an actual manufacturer website. What on earth lines are you reading in between to come to conclusion they are selling off old stock??

Seriously what led you to believe that's a real site?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope. Not my website.

Yeah, now that I've had time to look a little closer it really looks wonky. I first pulled it up while at work and didn't have time to do much more than glance through the home page. I don't understand why Remington has not had the site shut down as it claims to be a company owned by Remington. That's straight up fraud.

I guess I just wanted to believe they were still in business.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 5:36:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin76] [#11]
Originally Posted By jeepdan:
I purchased two steel frame 45acp "gunsmith kits" 30 years ago. After all of that time I have just finished up one of them.
View Quote

Oooh.. That is sweet! Almost too pretty to be carrying. Almost...

The steel frame gun I finished has all the early ParaOrd plastic parts swapped out now. Mainspring housing, trigger, recoil spring guide, mag catch. That little bit of weight just isn't justified to me - I want something more durable. I topped that frame off with a slide from a South American contract Colt which I had milled clean and smoothed to present as a "sanitary" piece.  

I bought a completed early Para Ord which I almost regretted when it arrived - I forgot to ask if it was Al or steel. It is aluminum and my purpose was to convert to 10mm Auto. So I proceeded with my plan anyway and have it all but finished. I'm still thinking to use some kind of buffered recoil spring set up to tame the pounding on the frame.

If you have any thoughts about selling that steel ParaOrd frame please send me a PM.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 1:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeepdan] [#12]

Oooh.. That is sweet! Almost too pretty to be carrying. Almost...

If you have any thoughts about selling that steel ParaOrd frame please send me a PM.
View Quote

Thanks
I didn't mention that the other frame kit has already been fooled with, so I won't be selling it.
It was actually the first frame that I tried cutting some pistolsmithing teeth on.
Not knowing what I was doing almost 30 years ago, I got the slide/frame rail fit way too loose and lost interest in finishing it.

Fast forward to the year 2020, I sent it away to have the Accu-rail system installed to fix my screwup.

Here it is, still pretty much in the same state that it was in whenever I tossed it into the closet back in 94.
I thought about updating a few things, but I have decided I'm going to keep the early 90's "race gun" theme of my original intentions.

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I sent Remarms an e-mail about the double stacks back in January and their response was:

"RemArms got the handguns.  Not sure which models will be offered at this point.  It will be late 2022 before we roll out the 1911s.  Check back later, for a more definitive answer."
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:31:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, they are essentially gone.  Especially if you have 1990s guns.

I know 17 round mags of 45 are not competitive in Limited anymore, and lots of other options exist,
But my parents of magwelled Limiteds and an old alloy framed carry gun are still fun to take out and play with now and then.

Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I suspect I might be the only one in my state that likes them, and I try to buy every one I can afford.  I REALLY like their LDA's  

Anyway, there was a place that was selling para parts on gunbroker and even Ebay for a while before it all got banned, hooper gunworks or something similar maybe?  Anyway it was like they bought a factory full of parts and were just blowing them out however they were.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 2:39:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Who got the rights to the old ZM designs of rifles? Always like those.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 2:54:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#17]
The ZMs were made by Yankee hill

PARA USA will continue to service all of the Tactical Target Rifles it has sold. However, the production and marketing of new rifles using the DIGS operating system will be resumed by Al Zitta, the original developer of the rifle.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/10/03/para-usa-exits-rifle-market/amp/

Link Posted: 12/23/2022 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#18]
My first firearm purchase made in 1996. Para frame kit with S.A., Inc. slide that was eventually worked over by their Custom Shop (back when they actually did work on guns.)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 1:24:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Sarco bought out all of the remaining Para stock from Remington when they shuddered the brand.
http://www.sarcoinc.com/

If you can't find the parts you need here there is little hope of finding it anywhere else.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Have 2 of their LDA's and like them. Tac Four and C7.45.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#21]
When I was checking one out a couple years ago I saw made in Canada, bought it, used to have one but when it comes to me and money it's a roller coaster ride.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top