Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2023 9:15:12 AM EDT
I am looking for a holster for my PT1911 9mm and I cant seem to find one that fits. I have tried a few that claim to fit it only to have to return them. Does anyone have this gun and found a holster that will actually fit it?

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What doesn't fit about the holsters you've tried?  My PT1911 fits in a normal 1911 holster without issue.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems to be too wide at the slide. I tried my we the people  holster that my Kimber Stainless II fits perfectly in and the PT1911 will not fit and when I pull it out there are marks on the side of the slide. I also have a 1791 gunleather OWB leather holster that my Kimber fits pefectly in and this gun has to be jammed into it and then it takes 2 hands and a lot of effort to draw it back out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
That's very odd.  The slide on my Taurus is exactly the same width as on my Springfields.  

One thing you could try would be to get any kydex holster, put the gun in it, and then hit it with a hair dryer to relax the kydex.  Just be careful not the do too much and lose the retention.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Update...... A few weeks ago this got into my head again so I took both guns to work with me and took a caliper to both the Kimber, and Taurus. It turns out that the Taurus if a few thousandths smaller in all of the measurements that were keeping it from sliding into my holsters. This had me baffled  because I know it litterally would not fit no matter what I tried. I went home that night and grabbed the leather holster off the dresser and tried again. Same results. The Kimber would slide right in with no effort, and the Taurus would not fit at all. Now I am going crazy by this point because I personally measured both of these guns and the Kimber should be the one with the problems. I put the guns in the safe and tossed the holster on my dresser and walked away.

Jump forward to yesterday. I wanted to do a little shooting and decided the Kimber got the position of my side arm for the day so I holstered it up and grabbed a few others and tossed them in my case and went out to the range. I finished my shooting and was packing up and decided I was going to give another go at the Taurus in the holster. I pulled the Kimber out and sat it in the case, and grabbed the Taurus. That fucker dropped right in the holster like someone custom made it just for that exact gun. It locked in like it was supposed to and drew out with the greatest of ease once retention broke. I tried it a few more times and it fit perfectly every time. When I got home I was putting everything away. I took the holster off and tried the gun in it again in my hands and it still fit perfectly.

Right about now I am feeling like a complete idiot, and I am not sure if it is because I couldnt get it to fit before or if it is because I have no explanation as to why I couldnt force it in before and now it just drops right in, but anyway, long story short, it works now and I am mostly happy. Its just going to be one of those unexplained mysteries that will haunt my dreams.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did you get those grips? Nice.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gopher:
Where did you get those grips? Nice.
View Quote

Amazon of all placed, and they are actually quite nice grip. They were about $35. Just do a search for 1911 grips on amazon. There awe endless options
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top