Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2018 10:32:24 PM EDT
I'm kicking around the idea of of picking up a TH9 and want to get some info on them.

Apparently they're based on the 809.

Guys who own an 809 or TH9 what do you think of them?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#1]
In these days where you can land proven police trades for sub $300 shipped, why would you roll the dice on a Taurus.  Seriously,  I'm curious why?
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Was interested to. Did you watch any you-tube videos?
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve owned an 809.  Great gun.  Never had a malfunction.  Very accurate.

Seems to me that the TH9 is just a re-labeled 809 (with grippier texturing on the handle), but that’s a guess. The 8- series were well regarded budget pistols.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both a 809 and an 809C. I have had no problems with either one, but there are some "off" things about them.

The mag release on both are odd, the 809 fullsized's mag release is stiff, to put it mildly, if pressed from the left side, but from the right side, I can do it easily with my trigger finger. The stiffness is slowly lessening, but it's taking a while.
On the compact one, the mag release sometimes just barely releases the mag, other times it works fine. I don't seem to be able to see any obvious problem inside to cause it.
The compact, when I first got it seemed to be a little sensitive to being dirty. It sometimes refused to fully go into battery when it was loaded up and needed to be cleaned. I just pushed it closed and kept shooting. That problem disappeared soon though.

My main issue has been finding another mag for the 809C, I've actually ordered them 2 different times and the order has been cancelled almost immediately. This is another problem Taurus has that is self inflicted and totally unnecessary.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else have any info on the TH9?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top