Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2022 11:12:45 AM EDT
In the SHOT Show (January) 2022 timeframe, PSA founder Jamin McCallum (@Jman_JJE) had said,
They will be available in the second half of April, send me an IM in early April and I’ll give you one to play with as long as the development timeline is still on track.
The moderator of the PSA Dagger Facebook Group recently suggested the development timeline is no longer on track.

Jamin, can you share the revised timeframe?  I understand all timeframes are approximate and subject to change.

Thank you!

PalmettoDagger.com / Micro Dagger

Original (Now Archived) Thread:  The new Sig p365 Killer is here, meet the new PSA "Micro" Dagger

Attachment Attached File

(Micro Dagger prototype shown without stippling, rather than final production stippling)

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Are we talking a 15 rnd polymer mag or a polymer Glock clone w/ a 15 rnd mag?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: Are we talking a 15 rnd polymer mag or a polymer Glock clone w/ a 15 rnd mag?
View Quote
We are talking a 15-round polymer magazine designed and manufactured by PSA that is compatible with an OEM Glock G43X and G48 (as well as the $299.99 PSA Micro Dagger G43X clone).  And an OEM Glock 10-round G43X/G48 magazine is compatible with the Micro Dagger.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I was in line to test one as well.

Had a note saved to message him in April.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
OST
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: Yeah I was in line to test one as well.

Had a note saved to message him in April.
View Quote
If we don't hear from Jamin in this thread, I'd definitely message him in early April.  Maybe the PSA Dagger Facebook Group moderator was misinformed.

I was going to reply to the original The new Sig p365 Killer is here, meet the new PSA "Micro" Dagger thread, however, it's been archived.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the first I am hearing about the new PSA Micro and the mags.  I've got five SA mags that originally were problematic.  SA replaced all five and since, I have never had an issue.  That said, I will certainly welcome any and all (except Promag) mag choices for my 43X.  PSA and Keltec really do surprise you at times!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm trying to figure out what polymer is thin enough to get 15 rounds in a 43X.  I know it's been done in steel, which makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#9]
What is up with the gap between the slide and frame?  It almost looks curved.   I hope the production models are not like that.  I really like it and hope it works.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If we don't hear from Jamin in this thread, I'd definitely message him in early April.  Maybe the PSA Dagger Facebook Group moderator was misinformed.

I was going to reply to the original The new Sig p365 Killer is here, meet the new PSA "Micro" Dagger thread, however, it's been archived.
View Quote

I will.

I can imagine that this is a challenge to get executed correctly.

It’s gotta be similar to a Glock steel lined magazine but I don’t know how one can get polymer that thin to have 15 rounds and fit in a 43x/48.

I messaged Jamin the video showing why the S15s fail in hopes that their mag won’t repeat the same issue.
It took a while but he replied, showing that he’s both busy but does respond.

Pretty impressive what PSA is doing on so many fronts.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: I'm trying to figure out what polymer is thin enough to get 15 rounds in a 43X.  I know it's been done in steel, which makes sense.
View Quote
In the original (now archived) thread,
The new Sig p365 Killer is here, meet the new PSA "Micro" Dagger
Jamin had said,
Q. What material is the Micro Dagger magazine made from?
A. PSA founder Jamin McCallum said, "It is a patented design and very different it is polymer and stamped".

Q. Will an OEM Glock G43X need a new magazine release in order to use a Micro Dagger magazine?
A. PSA founder Jamin McCallum said, "It will not needs [sic] new mag release, the portion that engages the mag release is polymer".

Q. Does the Micro Dagger magazine resolve the problem with a Shield Arms S15 magazine in an OEM Glock G43X in which the thinner magazine wall places the "case head farther back then (sic) the thicker polymer" resulting in a jam in using the slide release?
A. PSA founder Jamin McCallum said, "Yes, the mag is a totally different design that I had never seen before. Some of our guys really outdid themselves. You will like it. At first I asked them “why would you do that”, then they explained the above what you mentioned. We are only able to do this because of some really brilliant team members."
In the SHOT Show (January) 2022 timeframe, Jamin also said he may post prototype pictures of the Micro Dagger magazine, however, I don't see where that ever happened.

I was hoping we'd get more information regarding the Micro Dagger magazine out of the PSA "The Gathering" in South Carolina last weekend, however, I haven't seen or heard any additional information coming out of that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Me too, but I'm expecting some sort of hybrid design.  I guess we will all wait and see.  If they work I'll buy some for my 43x but my 48 will stay with SA15 mags for now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'm trying to figure out what polymer is thin enough to get 15 rounds in a 43X.  I know it's been done in steel, which makes sense.

Me too, but I'm expecting some sort of hybrid design.  I guess we will all wait and see.  If they work I'll buy some for my 43x but my 48 will stay with SA15 mags for now.

Hybrid makes sense in the AR where most of the mag body is outside the magwell, so it can be thick as you like.  Not so much in a pistol.  Hopefully their mouth didn't outrun their engineering staff.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted: I can imagine that this is a challenge to get executed correctly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted: I can imagine that this is a challenge to get executed correctly.
Look at all of the aftermarket Glock magazines which are a total fail.  It ain't easy, that's for sure.

I messaged Jamin the video showing why the S15s fail in hopes that their mag won’t repeat the same issue.
It took a while but he replied, showing that he’s both busy but does respond.
Jamin personally fields Dagger customer service issues and responds almost immediately including on weekends.  Simply amazing!

Pretty impressive what PSA is doing on so many fronts.
I think the Micro Dagger is impressive because it's a "clone" of an OEM Glock firearm (G43X) for which, unlike the Compact Dagger and OEM Glock G19 gen3, the patents haven't expired.  PSA is attempting to make as many Micro Dagger parts cross-compatible as possible, but is having to work around a few Glock patents.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Did Jamin ever post prototype pics of the Micro DaggerTM 15-round polymer G43X/G48 magazine?

Has @RegularJoe58 or anyone else who was offered a free trial Micro DaggerTM 15-round polymer G43X/G48 magazine that was to ship in early April contacted Jamin?

I've heard rumors the April timeframe has slipped, however, I haven't seen PSA confirm or deny the rumors.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Unless the trigger is improved over the Dagger, I’m a pass.  My Dagger trigger has not improved after over 500 rounds of live fire and a lot of dry fire.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: Unless the trigger is improved over the Dagger, I’m a pass.  My Dagger trigger has not improved after over 500 rounds of live fire and a lot of dry fire.
View Quote
That's an interesting question.  I don't know what PSA plans in that regard.  The 5.7 Rock trigger has been well-received.  Jason Pittman was the lead designer of the TX 22 for Taurus.  Jason was the lead designer of the 5.7 Rock for PSA.  I assume he was responsible for the trigger.  Maybe he can work some of that magic on the Micro DaggerTM trigger.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Did Jamin ever post prototype pics of the Micro DaggerTM 15-round polymer G43X/G48 magazine?

Has @RegularJoe58 or anyone else who was offered a free trial Micro DaggerTM 15-round polymer G43X/G48 magazine that was to ship in early April contacted Jamin?

I've heard rumors the April timeframe has slipped, however, I haven't seen PSA confirm or deny the rumors.
View Quote

@wickedbeernut

I did IM him last week and he replied pretty quick. Said that some material hadn’t come through from a supplier (polymer?) and so they were delayed.

He said to check back in couple of months and they’d get one shipped out to me.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted: I did IM him last week and he replied pretty quick. Said that some material hadn’t come through from a supplier (polymer?) and so they were delayed.

He said to check back in couple of months and they’d get one shipped out to me.
View Quote
Thanks for the update!  Not the answer we wanted to hear, but it's certainly understandable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top