Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2023 1:52:49 PM EDT
Can I get some feedback on the PPQ 45, and possibly intel on where to find one with a threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:
Can I get some feedback on the PPQ 45, and possibly intel on where to find one with a threaded barrel?
View Quote

Can't help you with the threaded barrel, but I love the pistol. Sights I replaced with xs night sights. Shoots well, trigger is good, has a nice weight to it. The grip could be textured more aggressively. If it had the pdp texture it would be hard to find a fault.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:14:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: devildog93] [#2]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I rented one at a local range and put 200 rounds through it. It is a nice .45 but too much muzzle flip compared to HKs and FNs I've tried.

I would wait it out for a PDP version so you can mount an optic and have a better designed grip. Of course, that's me saying that after only 200 rounds  BUT! It's why I haven't bought one yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By themao:
I rented one at a local range and put 200 rounds through it. It is a nice .45 but too much muzzle flip compared to HKs and FNs I've tried.

I would wait it out for a PDP version so you can mount an optic and have a better designed grip. Of course, that's me saying that after only 200 rounds  BUT! It's why I haven't bought one yet.
View Quote

Great insight, thank you. I've heard that critique before and now have two data points. I really hope they release a PDP in .45!
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 4:29:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By devildog93:

Can't help you with the threaded barrel, but I love the pistol. Sights I replaced with xs night sights. Shoots well, trigger is good, has a nice weight to it. The grip could be textured more aggressively. If it had the pdp texture it would be hard to find a fault.
View Quote

Great feedback, thank you!
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought one for the novelty when a used one popped up at a LGS. I find the trigger kind of weird. Compared to both the stock PDP trigger and the Walther Dynamic Trigger, it seems kind of inconsistent with its breaking. Other than that it seems like a great pistol but I'd trade it for a .45 PDP if they make one. My only other polymer .45 is a Mk23 so I don't have much to compare it to.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:10:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlamingDragon] [#7]
Originally Posted By devildog93:

View Quote

I fixed the grip texture complaint with a Hogue designed for CZ P-10. Had to trim a little bit off the bottom with an exacto but I'm really pleased with the way it feels now. Really has that positive lock right into my hand.

I love this gun, this is my edc ever since I got it. My trigger is awesome and is probably around 2.5-3lbs pull. I only shoot standard pressure but the recoil never bothered me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had mine for a year and a half and love everything about it.  Trigger is excellent, I can get it back on target quickly (don't notice the muzzle flip somebody else mentioned).  The fit in my hand is just right for me, I have the larger back strap on.  It is a tad finicky with my reloads, they cannot be too long, COL has to be on the shorter side.  I don't think you would be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Thinking of getting one of these myself, but wanted to wait and see if they were going to release a PDP model. I contacted them and was told there are no plans to make a PDP in 45 ACP

I'm grabbing the PPQ though as soon as I can before they are all gone.

S&W M&P fan but not happy with my 45 and 10mm.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gman556:
Thinking of getting one of these myself, but wanted to wait and see if they were going to release a PDP model. I contacted them and was told there are no plans to make a PDP in 45 ACP

I'm grabbing the PPQ though as soon as I can before they are all gone.

S&W M&P fan but not happy with my 45 and 10mm.
View Quote

I don't think you're going to be unhappy. The trigger is nice, but even upgradeable to match grade. I found a pretty decent leather iwb holster for mine finally, so any complaints I had are gone. 12 rounds of 45 in carry gun with a good trigger. I may get another because my wife wants to go back to 45 as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top