Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2021 10:50:51 PM EDT
Pardon the intrusion, as this is my first venture here, but does anyone by chance know if .380 PP mags can be used reliably in a .32ACP PP?

I ask because I just came upon a .32 PP with one mag, but cannot find any .32 mags in stock anywhere, coupled with the fact that I know for sure that .380 Sig 230 mags work flawlessly in a .32 Sig 230; the witness holes just don't work right.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Eh, guess I will be the test case.  Just ordered a couple .380 PP slash PPK/S mags from CTD.

Might advise.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
New PP .380 magazines have a raised rib that prevents them from being inserted into a .32 PP mag well. Early PP magazines (pre WWII through to the end of the war) don't have the raised rib and are interchangeable between the two calibers.
Gary
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Any PP or PPK/s magazine from before the S&W  or Walther Arms in Ft. Smith eras for 7.65 (32acp) are compatible.
The MecGar mags are excellent.  My 1937 PP works just fine on the modern aftermarket MecGars that I have purchased from Greg Cote.

Walther 380 mags do not have a good reputation of working with 32acp, and as mentioned the modern 380 mags from the Ft. Smith pistols DO NOT work in older Walther PP series pistols of any caliber.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Dupe, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]
@scotchymcdrinkerbean

Just checked on Mec Gar's site. They got .32 pp and ppk mags.

Here's  one:

One of em

Merry  Christmas
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@scotchymcdrinkerbean

Just checked on Mec Gar's site. They got .32 pp and ppk mags.

Here's  one:

One of em

Merry  Christmas
View Quote

Merry (a day late) Christmas to you as well, and thanks.....though out of stock at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:30:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, just posting to say that I found a couple .32 PP mags at Optics Planet, along with 1 on GB, and reckon I am set there.  The two PPK/S .380 mags I bought don't work, having the rib mentioned above, and also don't really fit right in my .380 PPK.  So if anyone has a PPK/S or PP in .380 that takes 'em, shoot me a message.

ETA:  Not trying to circumvent any EE rules here; not looking to sell them---they are useless to me, and I bought them on a gamble that they might work and I lost said gamble.  They are being offered up here for free to someone who might need them who can use them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top