Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2020 1:58:41 PM EDT
I purchased a Kel Tec threaded barrel for my PMR, and just installed it.

I have disassembled my pistol before, and I was paying attention as I reassembled it with the new barrel (correct orientation of buffer, buffer spring, and barrel).

I did notice that the take down pin was "tighter" on insertion, and needed a tap from a nylon hammer to seat.

Now the slide is stuck. The slide cannot be retracted rearward at all.

With the take down pin removed again, it will slide forward exactly 10mm, but won't move beyond that.

I can't figure it out.

Suggestions?

If I made a mistake in reassembly, I'm guessing that it would have been the barrel being "upside down". However, in looking closely with a magnifying glass the orientation seems correct.

Thanks,
G.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.

I took a small punch and pushed against the breech face of the slide.
With hand pressure, the slide then moved rearward.

I then put the disassembly pin back in, and cycled the action by hand several times as it was very tight. It appears to be working fine, but I haven't shot it yet.

I don't like taking responsibility for my own actions. Who can I blame?
(My wife was upstairs at the time so that won't fly)

G.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Check for a small flat head screw next to the hammer. Sometimes mine walks out just a few threads and that is enough to block the slide. I put some Loctite on it and tightened it down and it hasn't happened again....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top