Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2024 4:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJL0325]
I recently picked up a P-10F for my wife's HD gun. She really digs my G17 with PMM comp so I wanted to set her P-10 up similarly. I don't have an OEM threaded barrel but plan on getting the Primary Machine one.

My first inkling was to go with a PMM since that's what I have on my G17, but I've been reading great things about the PM and Herrington comps, also.

They all say that they'll work with the Primary Machine barrel, and also that they don't require changing springs. Obviously keeping reliability is key. That's one of the things I love about the PMM comp on my G17. No matter what ammo I put in it, it never malfunctions and it always locks back on an empty mag.

Effectiveness is second. Again, the PMM comp makes a very noticeable difference in mitigating recoil on my G17. But it seems the other two get high marks there, too. But I'm also not sure the CZ model is as effective as the Glock one.

Next is looks. I'm all about function over form, but cmon we all want our stuff to look cool . I like the looks of the Herrington the most and the Primary Machine the least.

Lastly, is the attachment method. I much prefer how the PMM attaches via torquing like a standard rifle muzzle device over set screws. That said, I used to have an Agency 417 comp on one of my Glock 19's that secured with two set screws and I never had an issue with it loosening.

Can anyone weigh on with their experiences with any of these comps?

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I was happy with my Herrington Arms comp on my Glock 17. Just got one for my F, but haven't shot it yet.

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
I was happy with my Herrington Arms comp on my Glock 17. Just got one for my F, but haven't shot it yet.
https://i.imgur.com/Y4IveRl.jpg

View Quote

That looks damn sweet. What barrel are you using?
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JJL0325:

That looks damn sweet. What barrel are you using?
View Quote
OEM OR SR. I know you can get an OEM barrel for the C, but I'm not finding it for the F. You can buy a OR SR F for about $410-$420 though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve had the Primary Machine and PMM comps on my P-10c both using a PM threaded barrel. I always thought the PM comp moved on me. It would always be slightly off center one way or another. I changed to the PMM and greatly prefer the attachment method and the overall looks. PMM says you need an extra shim kit when using the PM barrel, they are correct.

I don’t buy into that it will work perfectly with stock recoil springs BS. CZ’s are known for being oversprung from the factory. Adding a comp and/or slide mount optic is going to make it worse.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bigmatt17073:
I’ve had the Primary Machine and PMM comps on my P-10c both using a PM threaded barrel. I always thought the PM comp moved on me. It would always be slightly off center one way or another. I changed to the PMM and greatly prefer the attachment method and the overall looks. PMM says you need an extra shim kit when using the PM barrel, they are correct.

I don’t buy into that it will work perfectly with stock recoil springs BS. CZ’s are known for being oversprung from the factory. Adding a comp and/or slide mount optic is going to make it worse.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337314/IMG_2810_jpeg-3084493.JPG
View Quote

Very nice man. So you changed your recoil spring out?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:00:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigmatt17073] [#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigmatt17073:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337314/IMG_2810_jpeg-3084493.JPG

Yes. I've changed to a CGW stainless steel guide rod and lighter Recoil springs on all of my CZ's (6 of them). I had reliability issues at first with my PM comp'd/RMR. I kept trying lower weight recoil springs and have eventually settled on the 11lb CGW recoil spring in my P-10c pictured above. When I changed to the PMM comp I left the 11 lb recoil spring in and haven't had any reliability issues. CGW makes a tuner pack for P-10F for finding the perfect weight. That along with a non  captured SS guide rod would be what you need. Primary Machine also has non-captured guide rods and reduced power recoil springs, but they are more expensive.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I happen to have a used Primary Machine comp for the P10 that I would cut a good deal on...
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I ended up going with a Herrington, but how much you looking to get for it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
$50 shipped?
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dogtired:
$50 shipped?
View Quote

Appreciate the offer, but my Herrington Arms comp came in and I'm going to stick with it. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Ran the Herrington Arms comp today. Put about 200 rounds through it. A mixed bag of MaxxTech 124gr, S&B 115gr, and Fiocchi 115gr. All FMJ and all with stock springs. No issues and feels about as effective as the PMM.

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine out this past weekend! I like it a lot!

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I liked my PMM comp, but ended up taking it off. Wouldnt run 100 percent with soft shooting rounds ( obviously not what it was designed for, but still a bit of a pain during some range sessions. It also stuck out past my PHLster Floodlight AIWB holster, which could get unpleasantly warm after some drills. Decided it wasnt truly necessary, and I do just fine without.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#14]

The Taylor Freelance brass backstrap will do wonders for the P10F also.  You can get them in black too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top