Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2021 11:23:40 PM EDT
I have the PDP FS 4” model with the TLR-7.  I bought the Safariland 7378-75227 (Sig P320C with TLR-7) after reading about the same holster in the 6000 series fit.

Took a bit to get here but unfortunately 7000 series is not the same.  The gun fits in the but doesn’t insert enough to engage the security feature on it.

Now back to the drawing board for a work holster with the TLR-7
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
LAG tactical
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the wonderful world of Safariland lol.

What is stopping it from inserting for enough? Muzzle bottoming out? Optic face bottoming out or what?

If it's close it might just need a minor tweak which isn't uncommon with Safariland duty holsters, even when they are even the actual modelade.for.ypuur
gun anyway. But yeah the 7 series holsters are a bit of a different animal.

Quoted:
LAG tactical
View Quote

How come everytime someone has a question/problem finding a holster with active retention for whatever gun someone comes along and posts some random Kydex holster shop. I'm sure they do good work and all but, but has nothing to do with OP trying to get a working ALS type holster. Unless I'm missing something? Do they modify injection molded holsters ?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Safariland lol.

What is stopping it from inserting for enough? Muzzle bottoming out? Optic face bottoming out or what?

If it's close it might just need a minor tweak which isn't uncommon with Safariland duty holsters, even when they are even the actual modelade.for.ypuur
gun anyway. But yeah the 7 series holsters are a bit of a different animal.

How come everytime someone has a question/problem finding a holster with active retention for whatever gun someone comes along and posts some random Kydex holster shop. I'm sure they do good work and all but, but has nothing to do with OP trying to get a working ALS type holster. Unless I'm missing something? Do they modify injection molded holsters ?
View Quote

I was worried when I had to get the 7 series holster that it wouldn’t fit. The other 7 series holster are a clunky fit too.  I’ve always preferred the 6 series holsters but Safariland doesn’t make one with the TLR-7.

I’m not sure what the hang up is on this holster. The gun goes in, not very smooth but it does go in but the ALS doesn’t engage.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was worried when I had to get the 7 series holster that it wouldn’t fit. The other 7 series holster are a clunky fit too.  I’ve always preferred the 6 series holsters but Safariland doesn’t make one with the TLR-7.

I’m not sure what the hang up is on this holster. The gun goes in, not very smooth but it does go in but the ALS doesn’t engage.  
View Quote

Well, just to broaden your search parameters a little, an ALS holster that will fit an X300 or TLR-1 will typically fit any smaller light safely since it indexs on the muzzle and the e-port. Not like the older 6280s where your gun woulf fall out without the right light attached.

Example
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, just to broaden your search parameters a little, an ALS holster that will fit an X300 or TLR-1 will typically fit any smaller light safely since it indexs on the muzzle and the e-port. Not like the older 6280s where your gun woulf fall out without the right light attached.

Example
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435001/IMG_20210428_135708_jpg-1922353.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435001/IMG_20210428_135737_jpg-1922354.JPG
View Quote

I usually run a TLR-1 but was wanting a smaller profile for what I do presently so I was trying the tlr-7 holster ???????

I just ordered a OWB from Cascadia Concralment.  I’ll post when I get it in.
I’ll hold off on another Safariland until it’s actually made for the PDP.

Last thing I need is another Safariland holster I’m not using anymore lol.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quick little recap question: is there an ALS Safariland holster that will accommodate the PDP? I sort of can't believe they don't make one yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quick little recap question: is there an ALS Safariland holster that will accommodate the PDP? I sort of can't believe they don't make one yet.
View Quote

Just checked the Safariland website and they are making holsters now for the PDP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top