Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2021 11:58:24 PM EDT
Anyone with  a PC Carbine....
Do Magpul Glock mags run reliable in these?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine does, flawlessly
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 1:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine used with only the Glock mag adaptor and have only used Magpul mags...about 1300 rounds through it now, zero issues. I did replace the original extractor with the MCarbo unit when I bought it as a precaution.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@MaggieTheCat
View Quote

I dont know. I had a Gen 1 that ran flawlessly on Glock mags, before Magpul made Glock mags. Current uses P320 mags, and again zero issues, though it only has a few hundred through it. The Multimag Sub doesn't work with Glock mags so I cant even find out for you
ignore all that, brain fart. see post below

I do have 2 Magpul mags for  P80 G17 , zero issue with them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I dont know. I had a Gen 1 that ran flawlessly on Glock mags, before Magpul made Glock mags. Current uses P320 mags, and again zero issues, though it only has a few hundred through it. The Multimag Sub doesn't work with Glock mags so I cant even find out for you

I do have 2 Magpul mags for  P80 G17 and not to sound like a broken record, but zero issue with them.
View Quote

Thought you had a Ruger?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thought you had a Ruger?
View Quote

I did.(sold now)

sorry, I had a brain dump.  Ruger PC Carbine 9mm. worked fine with Magpul 17 rd glock mags. Some have said they had issues with the mags, I never did, about 1000 rounds though the mags (500 each) in the rifle. honestly dont remember a single problem.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone with  a PC Carbine....
Do Magpul Glock mags run reliable in these?
View Quote

I have a couple that run great in everything. 17, 21, and 27 rounders. I have an Extar EP9 that has never jammed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Never a problem. KCI range mags and OEM Glock mags and Magpul run w/o a hitch.

ETA: I should finish typing before sending.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had several problems with magpuls in my Ruger PCC.

I don't think I have ever made it through a full 21rd mag without a FTF. For a while I really liked the magpul 12rd g26 mags in the carbine. Then they started to have problems. I tried cleaning and lubing them and that would help for a few mags then the jams were back. I have some dry lube I have been meaning to test out in them but haven't yet.

It's well known that magpul glock mags don't work well with steel case ammo. So another point to consider.

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I only have Glock factory mags for my PC Charger but I’ve run enough pistol caliber carbines & non-Glock pistols with non-factory mags to see that while the aftermarket mags usually work in Glock pistols, it’s a gamble in anything else.
Sometimes it’s a simple issue like when I had to file a notch in the left side feed lip of my Korean 50 round drum to clear the overtravel stop on my PSA AR9 lower. Also had an ETS hi cap mag that only ran in my g19, never ran right in multiple PCCs.

Magpul & ETS mags don’t have steel liners like factory mags so you can’t tweak em if needed. I know this cause I did a LOT of tweaking on mags for my Just Right Carbine. Korean mags do have steel liners but nowhere as strong as factory Glock.

Magpuls seem to be a hair bigger in every dimension, ETS seems to be closest but I’ve had the most problems with them in nonGlocks.
Of the Korean mags I like SGMs the best, thin steel liner but their hi caps seem to come with strong springs.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a AR15 with a Glock magwell. Glock mags work fine. Drop free loaded or unloaded. Magpul are a little tight fully loaded and will not drop free until empty or the last few rounds. Last 5 for sure but it may be more I have not kept track.

This isnt a bad thing as I would want to retian partial loaded mags.

The other thing I noticed is steel cased ammo is sticky out of the Magpul. At least Winchesters is. It works fine out of the steel lipped glocks mags.

Im not sure of the other steel cased nine. Only used Glock factory mags. You can feel the gun struggle a bit. Sluggish I \guess you could call it. This is in a Sub 2000. The gun has never had a malfuntion with any combo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top