Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2020 7:32:45 PM EDT
I just assembled the hybrid PF940.  All holes were drilled fine and everything lined up perfectly.  I had to stone the locking block to get it to slide freely in the 17 upper.

Now when fully assembled, I can only cycle the slide using my full strength... However, if I pull up on the slide while cycling, I can achieve full retraction.  I don't see any obvious gouges on the underside of the slide.  It does seem to be somewhere in the the rear.

Also, it will cycle, grudgingly, when I preset the trigger prior to mating the slide.  Once I press the trigger, it becomes very hard to cycle again.

The trigger works as it should when tested without the slide on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
How long ago did you buy it?
They had some issues with the rear rail insert early on.

Call P80 support and they'll fix you up
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Before the new year at least.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How long ago did you buy it?
They had some issues with the rear rail insert early on.

Call P80 support and they'll fix you up
View Quote

They fixed mine in less than a couple weeks; mine was he forward block.

This issue sounds like the problem I had.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The rear rails are definitely angled up towards the front.  I sharpied the rails and block and the only wear is the top front section of the rear rails.  I added this to the CS ticket, but feel like I'm bugging them with all the updates.  The locking block seems fine.

Thanks for you insight.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I had a similar issue and if I remember right it was the takedown flatspring that was causing it. It was sticking up too high and rubbing on something. Try taking it and the takedown tab out and cycling it
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The safety plunger isn't wedged in the slide, is it (i.e. does it move up and down easily)?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top