Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2020 1:56:08 PM EDT
I wanted to know what everyone has done to improve their firearm.

I have the pleasure to have tried the Armorycraft P365 trigger. It has the best feel by far. I ended up getting the Grayguns straight trigger with the adjustable overtravel screw, but don't seem to notice a difference.
Recently however, I purchased a spring kit for the P365 from MCarbo. This is probably the greatest thing I've purchased for the P365, bringing the trigger pull from around a 7lbs pull to a little over 4lbs.

I'm also using the P365 lightning striker, 10% extra power magazine springs + 7075 follower , and the dpm systems recoil system, which all seem to improve the "feel" or reliability.
I don't really notice much difference myself however.

What is everyone modifying on their P365 that has been the greatest improvement for themselves?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Just different ammo and shooting it as is.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I traded my 365XL for a regular 365 the other day; the shorter barrel will make for easier AIWB while driving. I liked the flat trigger in the XL a lot, so I stuck one in the 365 as soon as I got it home.

Q: How do you learn to detail strip & reassemble a Sig P365?

A: Let a piece of unknown purpose or location fall out of it unobserved while swapping triggers.

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A: Let a piece of unknown purpose or location fall out of it unobserved while swapping triggers.
View Quote
Bonus points if springs fly across the room...………….  
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I Cerakoted my slide.

And I plan to try out one of the flat faced triggers.

I don't plan to mess with any of the other internals.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just different ammo and shooting it as is.
View Quote
This --
and gathering a collection of different holsters for different occasions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought a P365 SAS. I like it so far but...

After watching some reviews I may go with a non ported barrel, install a regular P365 takedown lever and slide lock lever.

My main concern with the ported barrel is firing it close to the body and venting hot gas out the top.

I guess I should have just bought the regular P365 and put an SAS slide on it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This happened to me with my manual safety retaining pin spring. There aren't any tutorials or videos on how to remove it properly.

Shit flew across the room.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#8]
The only thing I am going to change on mine is getting rid of the x-ray "combat sighting" Sig has on some pistols. I wish they would have used a #8 front with the #8 rear instead of the #6 front, to give it a standard sight picture other guns have. I am always shooting low with it and it throws me off,especially when shooting different guns at the range.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw this thread and figured I would ask here rather than start a thread. Info on how to carry is an upgrade after all. I just purchased a P365. I have larger handguns I carry but this will replace the inside the waistband 5 shot S&W Airweight I have carried for decades. I am looking for a good way to carry more than one mag. Right now, my plan is to carry it with a mag in it and just drop a mag in my left rear pocket. What I would really like to find is a wallet configured for a back pocket that will hold 2 spare mags. Not looking for anything waistband.

So, how are you carrying this pistol and how are you carrying the spare mags?

Any ideas on a mag wallet that would fit a back pocket?

If you offer a suggestion I will go look at it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't touched mine except to shoot it, and qualify with it.
I have bought holsters and ammo.
IWB, OWB and pocket carry....I love this gun on or off duty.
I carry spare mags on my belt or in my pocket, truth is I haven't looked for another system for concealing them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#11]
The only thing I got for my p365 is a 12 round magazine and a JM custom Kydex wingclaw 2.5 AIWB holster. And a bunch of ammo. Might get a couple more mags in the future but I don’t think I’ll need more than 3 for a daily carry pistol.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought this rail adapter https://tactical.dev/products/extended-tactical-application-rail-for-p365-xl

Then an apl-c

Then a Romeo 0

This is how I’d like to keep it.

I’m torn trying to find a suitable holster for it. The rail adapter website has some great kydex options but I’ve always preferred leather. I’ll probably end up going to kydex route because they support the light setup for the xl . I just need to confirm optic clearance before I order.

If anyone knows of a leather iwb that’s suitable for this setup I’d really appreciate it.

With the light off. My trusty ol bianchi 1911 holster fits it pretty well. I wonder if some commander or officer 1911 holsters with light would be a good option for me?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#13]
For me at least, the P365 is perfect the way it is. I bought it for concealed carry, I don't want  to start hanging lights, lasers or red dots on it.

I want something that is easy to conceal no matter what I have on, and is a good shooter. I am very comfortable with the P365 just as it came from the factory.

So a couple of holster choices and 2 spare 12 round mags is the set up I have

After all this is not a competition pistol or even a bedside table gun. This is what you carry when your out and about in the real world.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Other than shooting mine every other week or so, I was finally able to get a Romeo 0 6 moa for my XL. It shot fantastic before I got the rds and now it’s a laser beam.

I carry AIWB with a BlackPoint Tactical Sig branded holster.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Shield RDS and Talon grip's...
pretty much let me take better
advantage of what the XL has to offer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I definitely want the straight trigger
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I saw this thread and figured I would ask here rather than start a thread. Info on how to carry is an upgrade after all. I just purchased a P365. I have larger handguns I carry but this will replace the inside the waistband 5 shot S&W Airweight I have carried for decades. I am looking for a good way to carry more than one mag. Right now, my plan is to carry it with a mag in it and just drop a mag in my left rear pocket. What I would really like to find is a wallet configured for a back pocket that will hold 2 spare mags. Not looking for anything waistband.

Thanks
View Quote
Neomag is what you seek;

https://theneomag.com/shop-neomag/

Should be compact enough to fit two spare mags in a rear pants pocket easily
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#18]
What’s the benefit of the metal follower? I’ve never heard of issues using plastic followers. In fact to my memory this is the first follower I’ve ever heard of being made of metal...
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:22:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What’s the benefit of the metal follower? I’ve never heard of issues using plastic followers. In fact to my memory this is the first follower I’ve ever heard of being made of metal...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Typically, just weight to assist in reload scenarios - also, an aluminum/metal follower can be more robust in its ability to withstand the mag being dropped on hard surfaces.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Typically, just weight to assist in reload scenarios - also, an aluminum/metal follower can be more robust in its ability to withstand the mag being dropped on hard surfaces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, I can see that. But I’ve never heard of a problem arising from dropping a standard plastic follower onto a hard surface, so...Meh, I guess whatever works for whoever’s spending the money
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bought this rail adapter https://tactical.dev/products/extended-tactical-application-rail-for-p365-xl

https://i.postimg.cc/3xgc3x2S/52-E7485-A-C241-4-A77-9-A59-7-FE713-CC7-F04.jpg

Then an apl-c

https://i.postimg.cc/X7j0Vq8H/F724-D162-D08-B-4562-8-FC5-CF702-F61-C36-D.jpg

Then a Romeo 0

https://i.postimg.cc/NGz47j1f/B7-B843-BE-914-F-42-CB-9-B3-D-FF17796-F96-FB.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/wjhQp5n7/E418-E453-4-E15-4236-A08-C-8-AB585-F63-FA2.jpg

I’m torn trying to find a suitable holster for it. The rail adapter website has some great kydex options but I’ve always preferred leather. I’ll probably end up going to kydex route because they support the light setup for the xl . I just need to confirm optic clearance before I order.

If anyone knows of a leather iwb that’s suitable for this setup I’d really appreciate it.

With the light off. My trusty ol bianchi 1911 holster fits it pretty well. I wonder if some commander or officer 1911 holsters with light would be a good option for me?
View Quote
Slightly off-topic, but the XL just looks so much better aesthetically with a full-length rail, in my opinion. I do like the guy who makes those adapters, he’s got some other neat products as well
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I replaced the firing pin with the Lightning strike steel one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Neomag is what you seek;

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Neomag is what you seek;

Thanks for the response. I put the 2 mag rear pocket idea on hold and I ended up getting a 12 round mag and a Snagmag to fit. Been getting familiar and comfortable with the set up. Been doing some mag drills with it. Not trying for speed, just effective. Going from a 5 shot S&W Airweight to this is a significant change.

Since this thread is about improvements and gear here is the stuff I have. I am keeping the pistol box stock for the foreseeable future. I have a total for 7 mags including the 10 round flush fit, 5, 10 round extended and 1, 12 round. I have the snagmag and 2 holsters. I have a kydex "We The People" holster and a Barsony soft holster that is made for the Airweight that I picked up on Amazon. Surprisingly, it fits the P365 better than the Airweight. The Airweight does not print. Ever. With the Kydex the P365 does. I am currently using the soft holster because it does not print and truth be told it is a bit more comfortable.

Anyway, my pistol required a few hundred rounds of break in (lube and firing). It was hanging up on the extractor and wasn't going fully into battery. It is fine now and has functioned flawlessly for 400+ rounds.

I like the pistol.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Slightly off-topic, but the XL just looks so much better aesthetically with a full-length rail, in my opinion. I do like the guy who makes those adapters, he’s got some other neat products as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/3xgc3x2S/52-E7485-A-C241-4-A77-9-A59-7-FE713-CC7-F04.jpg

Then an apl-c

https://i.postimg.cc/X7j0Vq8H/F724-D162-D08-B-4562-8-FC5-CF702-F61-C36-D.jpg

Then a Romeo 0

https://i.postimg.cc/NGz47j1f/B7-B843-BE-914-F-42-CB-9-B3-D-FF17796-F96-FB.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/wjhQp5n7/E418-E453-4-E15-4236-A08-C-8-AB585-F63-FA2.jpg

I do too. I most likely won’t carry it with the light. But the full rail will stay.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For me at least, the P365 is perfect the way it is. I bought it for concealed carry, I don't want  to start hanging lights, lasers or red dots on it.

I want something that is easy to conceal no matter what I have on, and is a good shooter. I am very comfortable with the P365 just as it came from the factory.

After all this is not a competition pistol or even a bedside table gun. This is what you carry when your out and about in the real world.
View Quote
You have to appreciate the fact that the P365 even being the size it is, can pull duty typically reserved for pistols that are significantly larger in size. Once I get my P320s dailed in I plan on building a pair of 365s. One with an XL grip with a micro red dot and light and one that I can pocket or ankle carry.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You have to appreciate the fact that the P365 even being the size it is, can pull duty typically reserved for pistols that are significantly larger in size. Once I get my P320s dailed in I plan on building a pair of 365s. One with an XL grip with a micro red dot and light and one that I can pocket or ankle carry.
View Quote
This is an amazing package of a pistol. I shoot an X5 in competition that is tweeked out with GG trigger kit, guide rod, red dot and 1911 springs. This little Sig is a true performer, and I can shoot close to my X5 times on steel at 18 yards.

The fact remains that I want it for when the Sh!t hits the fan and I don't want them to see it coming.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed

Even with the rds and light I can obscure the whole pistol with my hand. And the slim profile is terrific.

Probably the most impressive thing for me is how it shoots.

I’m a fan of full size pistols because I don’t like the flip you get with subcompacts. The ergos on the 365 are just really nice for my hand.

Can’t wait to make more time to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I installed a sig flat trigger in my p365.  Was already my favorite handgun but it separated itself even further from the rest of the pack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top