Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Between all the posts on the forums, having a bit of trigger time on my brother’s M18, and a distinct lack of FDE in my current stable, I’m thinking my next P320 build will probably be a M18...
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice setups.  

Well, these are my old girls -- an upgraded first gen P320 Compact 9mm and a second one purchased shortly after Sig started shipping the upgrade configs...long before all these cool new models were available.  

I've had good luck with the Inforce APLc's (3+ years), but perhaps that's due in part to verifying they weren't counterfeit, which is a fairly common problem with them.  The first one I bought wasn't but the next one that I purchased (on Amazon) was, as verified by the manufacturer, so I had it replaced. To some extent, I think that's where they get a bad rep.  And what can I say, I like how they fit.

One of them is the current sidearm on my belt, using a custom wrapped holster from HCM Holsters...on a QLS fork mounted to a Safariland leg shroud.

And I just bought an Obsidian 9 for the other...so I started looking for a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights.  

Since I would like an RDS option for that suppressor host, I also started looking for aftermarket slides with RMR cuts, since I didn't want to mill what I have.  And ouch.  Most aftermarket options are pricey...and that is before you add the RMR, sights, and the striker and extractor assemblies (if you don't want to part out your current slide).  And as folks here surely know, the latest Sig options are not cut for an RMR.  

So I kept surfing, hoping to find other options.  LF slides were tempting, but I ended up going with the Sig XSeries Slide Assembly - 9mm - w/ Romeo1Pro 6moa - Black Nitron 3.9in after finding it for $510 shipped, NIB.

She won't win any beauty contests and I would have preferred an RMR, but heck, I'd likely spend more on the RMR than this entire setup...and now, after picking up a Sig threaded barrel and spare recoil assembly, I can do a full slide swap to switch configs.  Worst case, I hate the Romeo and swap on an RMR with an adapter plate.  In the interim, I do like the full Sig solution, in case I have cycling issues with with the Obsidian mounted.  And who knows, maybe I will prefer the larger window.  

Now, to wait 4-6 months for the Obsidian to get out of jail.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice setups.  

Well, these are my old girls -- an upgraded first gen P320 Compact 9mm and a second one purchased shortly after Sig started shipping the upgrade configs...long before all these cool new models were available.  

https://i.imgur.com/aT2l5So.jpg

I've had good luck with the Inforce APLc's (3+ years), but perhaps that's due in part to verifying they weren't counterfeit, which is a fairly common problem with them.  The first one I bought wasn't but the next one that I purchased (on Amazon) was, as verified by the manufacturer, so I had it replaced. To some extent, I think that's where they get a bad rep.  And what can I say, I like how they fit.

One of them is the current sidearm on my belt, using a custom wrapped holster from HCM Holsters...on a QLS fork mounted to a Safariland leg shroud.

https://i.imgur.com/dSVXy2l.jpg

And I just bought an Obsidian 9 for the other...so I started looking for a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights.  

https://i.imgur.com/8MuCPeD.jpg

Since I would like an RDS option for that suppressor host, I also started looking for aftermarket slides with RMR cuts, since I didn't want to mill what I have.  And ouch.  Most aftermarket options are pricey...and that is before you add the RMR, sights, and the striker and extractor assemblies (if you don't want to part out your current slide).  And as folks here surely know, the latest Sig options are not cut for an RMR.  

So I kept surfing, hoping to find other options.  LF slides were tempting, but I ended up going with the Sig XSeries Slide Assembly - 9mm - w/ Romeo1Pro 6moa - Black Nitron 3.9in after finding it for $510 shipped, NIB.

https://i.imgur.com/89pKjQK.jpg

She won't win any beauty contests and I would have preferred an RMR, but heck, I'd likely spend more on the RMR than this entire setup...and now, after picking up a Sig threaded barrel and spare recoil assembly, I can do a full slide swap to switch configs.  Worst case, I hate the Romeo and swap on an RMR with an adapter plate.  In the interim, I do like the full Sig solution, in case I have cycling issues with with the Obsidian mounted.  And who knows, maybe I will prefer the larger window.  

Now, to wait 4-6 months for the Obsidian to get out of jail.  
View Quote

@scuba_steve

I’d pass on the Sig Romeo 1 pro. Sigs current offerings are just not up to the task of serious use. You can use an adapter plate with that slide that will allow you to mount an RMR. CHPWS

I’ve had good luck with the Inforce lights, they are US made. A think a lot of the problems people have had with the pistol versions, comes from not fully torquing down the bezel for the battery. You have to really tighten it down. If it isn’t you will see flickering under recoil or the light dim. Once I started using a rubber band to get good traction to tighten down that bezel I never had any problems again.

Nice looking set up. Mine is similar. Blue Alpha belt, Safariland, Esstac, etc.

Attachment Attached File

Pre-safariland while I was waiting for months for my holster to be finished.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@scuba_steve

I’d pass on the Sig Romeo 1 pro. Sigs current offerings are just not up to the task of serious use. You can use an adapter plate with that slide that will allow you to mount an RMR. CHPWS

View Quote

I'm willing to roll the dice on the package given its intended use and price.  I am essentially paying $100 for the R1P given that the slide and suppressor-height night sights are worth $400 combined and I do want the second slide, for an easy swap back to standard config if I need to swap my backup on to my belt.  But who knows, the CHPWS could be in the future.  

Would be nice if Sig offered an optic cut slide with direct RMR support, including boss/recoil lugs.  I'd be tempted to use an adapter plate with any slide that didn't include them, even if it was drilled for an RMR, unless that RMR was custom fit to the slide.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm willing to roll the dice on the package given its intended use and price.  I am essentially paying $100 for the R1P given that the slide and suppressor-height night sights are worth $400 combined and I do want the second slide, for an easy swap back to standard config if I need to swap my backup on to my belt.  But who knows, the CHPWS could be in the future.  

Would be nice if Sig offered an optic cut slide with direct RMR support, including boss/recoil lugs.  I'd be tempted to use an adapter plate with any slide that didn't include them, even if it was drilled for an RMR, unless that RMR was custom fit to the slide.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@scuba_steve

Yeah. Sig clearly wants to promote its own optic over the RMR. The R1P is not RMR quality. Maybe their new R2P will be though. If so then great, if it isn’t Sig really should look at just excepting the RMR foot print as standard. The two top MRDSs on the market, Trijicon and Holosun are using the same footprint.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah. Sig clearly wants to promote its own optic over the RMR. The R1P is not RMR quality. Maybe their new R2P will be though. If so then great, if it isn’t Sig really should look at just excepting the RMR foot print as standard. The two top MRDSs on the market, Trijicon and Holosun are using the same footprint.
View Quote

Quoted because it is true.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Very Nice ,I got my M18 in Oct 2020 I have been trying to find all the right stuff to add the optic ,I picked the Olight mini 600 lumen light
Thanks for the post awesome info there

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 1:21:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Very Nice ,I got my M18 in Oct 2020 I have been trying to find all the right stuff to add the optic ,I picked the Olight mini 600 lumen light
Thanks for the post awesome info there

View Quote

I would be very weary of that O-light. Not only do they have a reputation for very short time before thermal stepdown, poor durability, and parasitic draw, but as of late there have been multiple reports of their lights exploding, in one case even killing a guy, and others totaling peoples guns. All of their reviews are bought and paid for which is bad enough as is. There are so many better options on the market from Streamlight and Surefire.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Finally picked up an FCU for my M18.  I still AIWB carry my M17 w/X300V and RMR.  The M18 is my "backup".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I still AIWB carry my M17 w/X300V and RMR.
View Quote

Do you never sit down and/or do you wear your pants up to your belly button?
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Not going to lie, that's a little difficult.    But I usually work around it ok.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not going to lie, that's a little difficult.    But I usually work around it ok.
View Quote

Whatever work for you
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still AIWB carry my M17 w/X300V and RMR.

It’s not that difficult. I carry AIWB on all my builds, including the monster:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDz3S3npt3u/?igshid=11wu0kjtihwj4

Just takes the right holster, right belt, and patience to trial and error until you get it right
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quick update, ran a 1,000 rounds of Federal Tactical 147gr +P HST, 50 rounds of Speer 124gr +P GD, and 50 rounds of Remington 124gr +P GS Black Belt, though the L2D Combat barrel to date. I have been very pleased with the results. Accuracy is outstanding and even though it has a slightly tighter chamber there have been zero malfunctions. The DLC finish on the barrel has held up fairly well, though that is not something I really care about, I realize some do. Over all I am happy enough with the results of the barrel I am buying a second one for another build. The cost for the L2D barrel is a bit much but as far as accuracy goes I feel it is worth it. It exceeds the performance of my X-Carry marksman barrel from Sig. if you have a 3.9” barreled Sig like the AXG this barrel might be a good option since Sig seemed to drop the marksman barrel from the final version of that gun. The L2D barrel will make the AXG perform as well as it looks IMO.

These are some pics showing the finish on the barrel. I know they are not the best sorry. I did take pics of various targets throughout testing but now sure what happened, I can’t find them on my phone.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been messing with this thing, not sure if this will be the final configuration. I put the first 250 rounds thru it a couple of days ago. A few thoughts so far...

I need to get it riding better in the crossbreed holster, the red dot interferes with my belt. Might just be the angle or the stiff new leather.

The killer innovations barrel is interesting. It's got such a high friction finish that the gun will not even cycle by hand unless there is grease on the barrel. It does seem like a tack driver just shooting it off hand. It will also not cycle with a suppressor on it.

When shooting unsuppressed the gun raw flawless but it must be sensitive to limp wristing because it wasn't coming back into battery fully when my gf was shooting it. I think it's the barrel combined with a weak grip. I hope it breaks in some more and loosens up or I'll be ordering a different barrel.

I'm liking it so far and excited to get it dialed in.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've been messing with this thing, not sure if this will be the final configuration. I put the first 250 rounds thru it a couple of days ago. A few thoughts so far...

I need to get it riding better in the crossbreed holster, the red dot interferes with my belt. Might just be the angle or the stiff new leather.

The killer innovations barrel is interesting. It's got such a high friction finish that the gun will not even cycle by hand unless there is grease on the barrel. It does seem like a tack driver just shooting it off hand. It will also not cycle with a suppressor on it.

When shooting unsuppressed the gun raw flawless but it must be sensitive to limp wristing because it wasn't coming back into battery fully when my gf was shooting it. I think it's the barrel combined with a weak grip. I hope it breaks in some more and loosens up or I'll be ordering a different barrel.

I'm liking it so far and excited to get it dialed in.

https://i.ibb.co/9y4RkZ6/IMG-6775.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/DYf0BTF/IMG-6774.jpg
View Quote

Tell us about the green finish, it looks outstanding by the way. I do wish WC offered the module in other colors like a true coyote, OD green, grey and even a white.

I’d be concerned about my barrel if lock up is that tight. It sounds like it might need to be fitted a little bit. It should hand cycle. I’m using an L2D Combat barrel in my primary P320. It has a tight lock up but not too tight. I’d say it is on par with the factory X-Carry/X-Five marksman barrel which has larger engagement surfaces. My primary concern with the way you barrel is performing is if it got dirty, or say the gun got dropped in the dirt would it still function reliably. Accuracy is important but my personal opinion is reliability is even more important.

How are you liking the WC slide release? Any chance you can snap a pic looking down the rear so I can see how far out the WC slide release sticks out? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine,

Just added my 6 MOA Leupold.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Tell us about the green finish, it looks outstanding by the way. I do wish WC offered the module in other colors like a true coyote, OD green, grey and even a white.

I’d be concerned about my barrel if lock up is that tight. It sounds like it might need to be fitted a little bit. It should hand cycle. I’m using an L2D Combat barrel in my primary P320. It has a tight lock up but not too tight. I’d say it is on par with the factory X-Carry/X-Five marksman barrel which has larger engagement surfaces. My primary concern with the way you barrel is performing is if it got dirty, or say the gun got dropped in the dirt would it still function reliably. Accuracy is important but my personal opinion is reliability is even more important.

How are you liking the WC slide release? Any chance you can snap a pic looking down the rear so I can see how far out the WC slide release sticks out? Thanks.
View Quote

Thanks I really like the way the color turned out too. I've always been a fan of the greens. This is a black module cerakoted in Noveske Bazooka Green. I think the Noveske Bazooka Green is now a standard color that I'm sure your local shop could do.

I agree that reliability is more important, especially since I hope to use this for defense in the future, and I share your concern about when it gets dirty.

Killer innovations released a trouble shooting video here that kind of shows them coating everything in grease to get it broken in Mine passes the inverted test the guy does around 2:50, and cycles fine for me both by hand and with live rounds with grease on it. Without grease, limp wristed, or with the extra weight of a suppressor on the end is a different story so far. I have not found much info on KI out on the web. I'm not sure how many rounds they expect to break it in. Ammo aint cheap these days.

I'm not in a huge rush on this gun so I'm willing to work with the barrel some more before I give up on it. I'm approaching this almost like an AR build and going to see if I can get it dialed in.

I'll get you some pictures of the WC slide release tomorrow. I'm really liking it so far. It adds some extra surface area for your thumb but isn't so big that it catches on things.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Man, that sticks out further than I thought it would. I’m happy with the larger slide release from Sig. It is big enough to tag easily but small enough that it is kind of out of the way. I’ve heard that Tango Down and Vickers Tactical are going to start producing some P320 stuff.

Side note, you should get yourself a cheap set of Dawson BUIS. By looking at that plate you will probably need a .330 front sight and a .325 rear. Or you can go taller to .400 some people like that height. I don’t know why Dawson says the front doesn’t fit a compact P320, I have them on multiple compacts and even an X-Compact.

Front

Rear
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I hit the slide lock too much as it is, no way I could use anything extended like that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I hit the slide lock too much as it is, no way I could use anything extended like that.
View Quote

On the X series you don’t notice it sticking out further. You do notice how much of an improvement it is over the factory when locking the slide back.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad I found this thread. Working on a couple of P320 projects myself.

For those of you that have been building these out how much of a difference have you found in the compact and carry grip for concealability? Im using the WC modules right now if that makes much difference.

Edit: also interested in first hand reviews of the Scorpion AXG from folks who aren’t paid advertisers
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

For those of you that have been building these out how much of a difference have you found in the compact and carry grip for concealability? Im using the WC modules right now if that makes much difference.

Edit: also interested in first hand reviews of the Scorpion AXG from folks who aren’t paid advertisers
View Quote

For me, I don’t really see the point of the compact grip anymore. If I’m going to go that small I’ll just carry my P365 with the XL grip module. The Carry conceals fine for me. I am 6’ 200. I carry AWIB and IWB at the four position in a Philster Floodlight holster. When I carry IWB at the four I use the standard 17 round mag. It conceals fine with just a t-shirt. When I carry AIWB I use a TTI +2 extension that gives me 19+1 rounds from the draw. Again this conceals just fine. My EDC M18 has a X300U-B Surefire, Trijicon RMR HRS and the WC carry grip module.

I’m also playing with the X-Compact slide paired with the WC Carry II module which is the full size frame but works with the shorter 3.6” barrel. This configuration is very flat shooting. It is very comfortable as well if you are sitting for long periods of time while bolstering AWIB.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

For me, I don’t really see the point of the compact grip anymore. If I’m going to go that small I’ll just carry my P365 with the XL grip module. The Carry conceals fine for me. I am 6’ 200. I carry AWIB and IWB at the four position in a Philster Floodlight holster. When I carry IWB at the four I use the standard 17 round mag. It conceals fine with just a t-shirt. When I carry AIWB I use a TTI +2 extension that gives me 19+1 rounds from the draw. Again this conceals just fine. My EDC M18 has a X300U-B Surefire, Trijicon RMR HRS and the WC carry grip module.

I’m also playing with the X-Compact slide paired with the WC Carry II module which is the full size frame but works with the shorter 3.6” barrel. This configuration is very flat shooting. It is very comfortable as well if you are sitting for long periods of time while bolstering AWIB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Currently when I can only cover with a t shirt I carry my 365xl but Im considering the compact due to having a single primary handgun for carry & bedside duty. Wondering if the grip length matters much in that regard. The 365xl will still be on hand for situations that require utmost "concealed means concealed"

Edit: seems like its impossible to get a grip that doesnt poke out at the 4 oclock.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Currently when I can only cover with a t shirt I carry my 365xl but Im considering the compact due to having a single primary handgun for carry & bedside duty. Wondering if the grip length matters much in that regard. The 365xl will still be on hand for situations that require utmost "concealed means concealed"

Edit: seems like its impossible to get a grip that doesnt poke out at the 4 oclock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need a holster with a claw or a wing that pushes the pistol in. It may seem gimmicky but it actually works really well.

What is the Modwing/Claw and do I need it on my IWB holster?

My primary holster.
https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/floodlight/
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You need a holster with a claw or a wing that pushes the pistol in. It may seem gimmicky but it actually works really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOExbquXcR0

My primary holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My primary holster.

Maybe I need to try some different holsters then. I have an IWB with a wing type piece on it already and it helps a lot but still pokes out a bit with the long grip. Maybe Im just too paranoid too

What holster companies would you all recommend for a light bearing holster that conceals well? Would like something for 3-4 o clock carry not AIWB at the moment.

Light is either TLR1HL or 7A

Edit: currently using a T Rex Raptor with claw and small clip to add cant
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe I need to try some different holsters then. I have an IWB with a wing type piece on it already and it helps a lot but still pokes out a bit with the long grip. Maybe Im just too paranoid too

What holster companies would you all recommend for a light bearing holster that conceals well? Would like something for 3-4 o clock carry not AIWB at the moment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My primary holster.

I use the Philster Floodlight that I linked above. The nice thing about it is that you can use just about any pistol so long as it has the correct weapon light. You would need to use your TLR1HL but you could move between guns without a holster change. The floodlight comes with both soft loops and kydex clips. It also comes with both sizes of the mod wing. I use the longer one to push the grip in closer to the body.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Picked this up today. Not 100% sure what I'm going to turn it into yet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I use the Philster Floodlight that I linked above. The nice thing about it is that you can use just about any pistol so long as it has the correct weapon light. You would need to use your TLR1HL but you could move between guns without a holster change. The floodlight comes with both soft loops and kydex clips. It also comes with both sizes of the mod wing. I use the longer one to push the grip in closer to the body.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My primary holster.

Ah I see. Ill check it out. I have a Ruger thats tough to find holsters for so having something universal with the TLR HL would be pretty nice
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:12:43 AM EDT
[#31]
From what I can find and have seen in this thread the older X-Carry has a much better barrel and the lightening cut.

Is it worth the cost to have these slides milled to a newer footprint over buying a newer slide? If so any recommendations on a reputable company?

Are there any aftermarket barrels that will fit the older x-carry slide with marksman barrel as a replacement part? Id like to know if I can refurb the upper if I have it milled and invest a bit into it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#32]
My current P320s in progress

Just swapped an early fullsize slide for an optic slide to test out. Never shot with a pistol rds but want to try it out.

The carry/compact is the main gun Im looking to build out for EDC. Currently pretty stock just a WC grip.

I *think* I am going to stick to a compact grip for now since I already have 6 15rd mags for that frame. I recently found some baseplates to try out. One is a pinky extension and the other is for a 17rd mag to fit flush on the compact grip length. Anyone have experience with Tactical Development where I got these?

I only bought one of the flush fits to try. The x grip rubber adapters from sig seem to have bad comments for staying tight on a mag and Im looking to use it primarily for my spare EDC magazine where stress would more likely lead to over insertion issues.

I plan to look into the baseplates you all discussed to possibly add some rounds to my other mags in the future
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:53:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just swapped an early fullsize slide for an optic slide to test out. Never shot with a pistol rds but want to try it out.

The carry/compact is the main gun Im looking to build out for EDC. Currently pretty stock just a WC grip.

https://i.imgur.com/mugOftK.jpg

I *think* I am going to stick to a compact grip for now since I already have 6 15rd mags for that frame. I recently found some baseplates to try out. One is a pinky extension and the other is for a 17rd mag to fit flush on the compact grip length. Anyone have experience with Tactical Development where I got these?

https://i.imgur.com/UhqIOWU.jpg

I only bought one of the flush fits to try. The x grip rubber adapters from sig seem to have bad comments for staying tight on a mag and Im looking to use it primarily for my spare EDC magazine where stress would more likely lead to over insertion issues.

I plan to look into the baseplates you all discussed to possibly add some rounds to my other mags in the future
View Quote

A word of caution, the WC Compact and X-Compact module will not work with the TTI +2 or +5 extension without some fitting to the rear of the magwell. The TTI extensions work fine with the Carry, Carry II and Full sized WC modules.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A word of caution, the WC Compact and X-Compact module will not work with the TTI +2 or +5 extension without some fitting to the rear of the magwell. The TTI extensions work fine with the Carry, Carry II and Full sized WC modules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/mugOftK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UhqIOWU.jpg

Good to know. I was wondering why TTI said only the 17 and 21rd mags.

In your experience is over insertion an issue to be concerned with for damaging the ejector?

With swapping out the baseplates on the 21rd mags that would remove the safety net of the factory plate even in the full length grip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Went to my favorite LGS, on my way into work today to get rid of a Glock 17.

Saw this while waiting.
It had two three 17 round mags, one unused, and two 21 rounders.
It has the original grip module in the Polymer80 box.

Ended up costing me $43 out of pocket.

Gun was well maintained with some minor useage marks.

I was surprised how well the P80 grip module felt in the had.
I figured it would feel wide at the front strap, but it doesn’t.

Now I’m back in the market for a RDS for it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#36]
That is an awesome buy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Saw this while waiting.
It had two 15 round mags, one unused, and two 21 rounders.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136710/InkedXCARRY_LI_jpg-1922990.JPG

View Quote

Nice pickup

P80 grip looks pretty interesting
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Saw this while waiting.
It had two 15 round mags, one unused, and two 21 rounders.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136710/InkedXCARRY_LI_jpg-1922990.JPG

View Quote

Good deal. My first P320 was an X-VTAC with Romeo 1 Pro that I traded a Beretta, SW1911 and $60 bucks lol.

(I no longer have it as I traded it for my M18)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nice pickup

P80 grip looks pretty interesting
View Quote

It has a really nice texture.

Despite being a double stack grip, it fits my hands really well.
I’m 5’ 8” and have smaller hands than most of the GD giants.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been thinking about getting a P80 grip module and cutting it down to X-Compact size.

I would love to see P80 make one that is full X5/Legion length to the end of the slide with a built in mag funnel. Simply because I think it would look badass
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
For those of you that have been building these out how much of a difference have you found in the compact and carry grip for concealability?
View Quote

None. Used to use Compact grip modules, now all of my P320s have Carry grip modules. It’s an extra .2” of length difference, you can fix it with a minuscule adjustment on your holster. And now all my magazines use the same tube length for compatibility
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In your experience is over insertion an issue to be concerned with for damaging the ejector?
View Quote

Not at all in my experience. I frequently use 27-round mags where the baseplate doesn’t interact with the magwell at all and have had no issues with over insertion
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

None. Used to use Compact grip modules, now all of my P320s have Carry grip modules. It’s an extra .2” of length difference, you can fix it with a minuscule adjustment on your holster. And now all my magazines use the same tube length for compatibility
View Quote

Ditto.

The grip length is so small in difference. The "compact" grip is really useless.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Swapped the grip modules, trying out the X-carry.

I was going through case and pulled out the extra 17 rounder and there was another under it, in plastic.

I did a little

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of you that have been building these out how much of a difference have you found in the compact and carry grip for concealability?

Compatability makes sense and is the route Im aiming for. Considered using a Compact frame for both builds I want to complete so that I can use all mags 15,17,21 in either gun.

If I had a way to turn my 15s to 17s i would probably stray towards the Carry frame since I have a 365XL for when I need to be completely under the radar/no chance of printing

Unfortunately I have about 12 15rd mags though
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
...snip...
View Quote

Well you chose poorly

I've swapped all except 6 mags, 4 15rnd and 2 17rnd with the standard base plates, to either x5 plates or 21rnd mags and a handful of TT +5s
I really like the x5 magwell, so to keep it uniformed, I swapped everything out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well you chose poorly

I've swapped all except 6 mags, 4 15rnd and 2 17rnd with the standard base plates, to either x5 plates or 21rnd mags and a handful of TT +5s
I really like the x5 magwell, so to keep it uniformed, I swapped everything out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...snip...

Well you chose poorly

Yup the 15rds came in groups at good prices but at least i have a few 17s abd a couple 21s if I switch.

Probably keep a couple mags and the grip I have and try to sell some of the 15s off to replace
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, I completed the upgrade of one of my old girls, and did eventually decide to go with an RMR over the R1P.  You bastards.  

The goal was to get a second slide for a suppressor I have in jail, with a threaded barrel, red dot, and co-witnessed irons.  I wanted a second slide to avoid the need to mill and so I could swap it on/off to either of my P320Cs.

I was happy with the XSeries slide R1P bundle at $500, but very happy after selling the takeoff R1P for $250.  That got me the new slide for $250, with extractor assembly, striker assembly, rear plate, and suppressor-height XRay 3 night sights.

That left me only needing to buy a threaded barrel and recoil assembly to have a complete slide.  

Bonus - when I pulled the R1P off, I saw that I got one of the newer Sig slides that was also drilled for an RMR.

I hadn't expected that and had already purchased the CHPWS adapter plate, which I returned and then bought their filler plate instead, which fits snugly and has the recoil/boss lugs, but is one third the thickness of their adapter plate...allowing me to co-witness with the XRay sights.

Adapter plate:

Filler plate:

Suppressor is still in jail, but I'll be taking her to the range to shake things out this week.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:30:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think I am in the minority here, but I actually prefer the Compact grip. My line of thinking here is that the carry size overhangs the bottom of my hand by a little more than the length difference between the two. Since the added length is really just unutilized for me, I prefer the added concealability however minor. The issue is a bit exacerbated for me, however, because of my fondness for Wilson grip modules and schmedium t-shirts. Like I said, I am an outlier though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I think I am in the minority here, but I actually prefer the Compact grip. My line of thinking here is that the carry size overhangs the bottom of my hand by a little more than the length difference between the two. Since the added length is really just unutilized for me, I prefer the added concealability however minor. [B]The issue is a bit exacerbated for me, however, because of my fondness for Wilson grip modules [B]and schmedium t-shirts. Like I said, I am an outlier though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I am in the minority here, but I actually prefer the Compact grip. My line of thinking here is that the carry size overhangs the bottom of my hand by a little more than the length difference between the two. Since the added length is really just unutilized for me, I prefer the added concealability however minor. [B]The issue is a bit exacerbated for me, however, because of my fondness for Wilson grip modules [B]and schmedium t-shirts. Like I said, I am an outlier though.

The magwell on the WC carry grips is what seems to make them print on me more than the Compact grip.

The compact length almost fits my hand with my pinky resting on the front of the mag baseplate
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top