View Quote

Yes, see this thread here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
More Danish Military photos.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

“Everything DEVGRU uses must be awesome, but DEVGRU uses Holosun, and I don’t like Holosun, but everything DEVGRU uses must be awesome, but DEVGRU uses Holosun…”

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#4]
The SCS 320 got a great review from Cowan.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

"Everything DEVGRU uses must be awesome, but DEVGRU uses Holosun, and I don't like Holosun, but everything DEVGRU uses must be awesome, but DEVGRU uses Holosun "

View Quote
JSOC is well known for using inferior products to the civilian market such as the MRDS, Inforce, holosun etc. Though the holosun in the video is a private purchase optic.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#6]

The Danes seem to have put the most thought into how their 320s are set up. The magwell, X grip and grip tape look great but also add function. Maybe the US will tweak their grip choice with the A1 version. I doubt they would swing for it but something like the Brouwer module would be a massive improvement over the standard M17/M18 module currently used.

Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Dave_Williams:
The SCS 320 got a great review from Cowan.
View Quote

Because it’s a great optic
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:21:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#8]
Originally Posted By MK318:

The Danes seem to have put the most thought into how their 320s are set up. The magwell, X grip and grip tape look great but also add function. Maybe the US will tweak their grip choice with the A1 version. I doubt they would swing for it but something like the Brouwer module would be a massive improvement over the standard M17/M18 module currently used.

View Quote

My vote for the “A1”!
Brouwer has an excellent thing going. Josh is a former Long Tab guy and they have already submitted for an NSN based on the rather large individual sales to guys in multiple groups.
Pictured is their new Laser etched grip and they have changed the color slightly on the Coyote. This is an amazing grip for those who like aggressive grips. I had the pleasure of talking to these guys at shot show as well. Some really cool stuff coming from them in the future. Can’t wait to get my mag funnel.

Chuck

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By eaglecp:

My vote for the “A1”!
Braver has an excellent thing going. Josh is a former Long Tab guy and they have already submitted for an NSN based on the rather large individual sales to guys in multiple groups.
Pictured is their new Laser etched grip and they have changed the color slightly on the Coyote. This is an amazing grip for those who like aggressive grips. I had the pleasure of talking to these guys at shot show as well. Some really cool stuff coming from them in the future. Can’t wait to get my mag funnel.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/3896/iXeRV5.jpg

Chuck

View Quote

Any problems with holsters and that grip ?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eaglecp:

My vote for the “A1”!
Braver has an excellent thing going. Josh is a former Long Tab guy and they have already submitted for an NSN based on the rather large individual sales to guys in multiple groups.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/3896/iXeRV5.jpg

Chuck

I haven’t experienced any issues in the holsters I use for it. Though I am using mine with a TLR-7A.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Some Kydex formed holsters dont work well but Safariland duty and GLS work great!
Cp
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Has anyone cloned this setup? Any idea what Aimpoint mount that is?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DBrock07:

View Quote
Yes I knew a handful that have.

it's an OEM aimpoint low pro mount, similar to what you see one the ecos-o optic setup, but with their qd attachment.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:40:29 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

The Danes set up is how our M17/18 should have been. And with the RMR footprint from the get go.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:15:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#15]

View All Quotes

I wonder how well those NGALs hold zero on that little rail. If the P320 could be modified to be full auto, that little raider set up would be perfect for tank and helicopter crews. Giving them a little more capability over just the standard M17/M18.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#16]

If the P320 could be modified to be full auto, that little raider set up would be perfect for tank and helicopter crews. Giving them a little more capability over just the standard M17/M18.
View Quote

Not sure about the ground side, but aircrew (based off working on medium lift helicopters) would have a sidearm on them and a M4/M16 stowed somewhere on the aircraft.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#17]
First time qualifying with the M18. Not my best work (never touched a 320 series at all prior) but was able to clean the target at least.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Taters:
First time qualifying with the M18. Not my best work (never touched a 320 series at all prior) but was able to clean the target at least.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72176/IMG_9066_jpeg-3149151.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72176/IMG_9065_jpeg-3149152.JPG
View Quote
Has your unit experienced the rear sight and cover coming off?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
View Quote

I have not heard anything like that.  While we're a white-side SOF unit, I'm the IG and don't really get that kind of exposure to the guns.  I haven't heard a single negative thing, however.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#20]

I have not heard anything like that.  While we're a white-side SOF unit, I'm the IG and don't really get that kind of exposure to the guns.  I haven't heard a single negative thing, however.
View All Quotes

We have.  Guy next to me on the line last month needed a band aid on his nose after.  Doesn't have near the effect the old beretta slide scars from the 80's did, but still a pain nonetheless.  I'd say out of about 300 weapons we've had less than ten incidents so far.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Originally Posted By SgtKiwi:
We have.  Guy next to me on the line last month needed a band aid on his nose after.  Doesn't have near the effect the old beretta slide scars from the 80's did, but still a pain nonetheless.  I'd say out of about 300 weapons we've had less than ten incidents so far.
View Quote

Any idea if that’s resulting from the bolt being improperly torqued at the factory, is the bolt itself shearing off, or some other issue? I’d hate to have my Romeo-M17 come flying back at my face. Both my face and the optic are too valuable for that!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:26:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SgtKiwi] [#22]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Any idea if that’s resulting from the bolt being improperly torqued at the factory, is the bolt itself shearing off, or some other issue? I’d hate to have my Romeo-M17 come flying back at my face. Both my face and the optic are too valuable for that!
View Quote

You're going to laugh, but it's because they didn't come with loctite.  I've offered to purchase/bring some in but am not allowed.  Reasoning is if something happens we didn't use the appropriate, approved, and shipped to us from Crane Loctite.  That is literally the only issue.  They work loose during firing.

The screw that goes in this hole...

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Any idea if that's resulting from the bolt being improperly torqued at the factory, is the bolt itself shearing off, or some other issue? I'd hate to have my Romeo-M17 come flying back at my face. Both my face and the optic are too valuable for that!
View Quote
Both.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Wow. Haven't seen that yet. Must be the wrong Loctite
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Yikes, that's not good. I guess I feel a little better, since the Romeo-M17 comes with Loctite and an explicit warning to ensure you use it. It also comes with a new screw and warns against reusing the old one. I could see the screw shearing if someone removed and torqued it down again a few times, especially if they overtightened it (I'm sure an armorer would never do that!). I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:49:17 AM EDT
[#26]
A rear sight that can eject itself along with the LCI, LCI spring and optics plate is going to be a problem during a long term deployment. Sig is going to have to redesign that arrangement. A single screw holding everything together doesn’t seem like the best solution. The problem is only going to grow as these pistols age and get used more. Anyone who was issued an M9 back in the day can attest, handguns get treated like garbage when it comes to maintenance. Every M9 I got was beat to shit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#28]
My issued M17 had a loose rear sight plate when I took command. I've casually checked others I come across, two other commanders had the same issue.

It was a simple fix because I caught it before anything broke. Took the extractor and striker assembly out and re-torqued the screw. I'll check it periodically now.

In a big army unit that mostly abuses small arms. My M17 has been carried a lot and shot only a little.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#29]

I haven't experienced any issues in the holsters I use for it. Though I am using mine with a TLR-7A.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_6355_jpeg-3135671.JPG
View Quote
That is just damn nice!

My stocker, was a M17, now M18. I also have a TLR-7A and found they made a brown one five minutes after I clicked on the order button.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:51:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Bumping up to keep from the archives.

Still keeping my eyes peeled for the Danish and Australian X Carry models used in their respective militaries.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:05:21 AM EDT
[#32]
JTF-2

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy91K:

Does anyone know of a source for the grip tapes that are cut to fit the X series grip modules? I'd prefer something a little cleaner that the regular Talon grips that you wrap around.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ThatGuy91K:
Originally Posted By Jack_Flag:
Denmark
https://i.imgur.com/7TdJ2Up.jpg

Does anyone know of a source for the grip tapes that are cut to fit the X series grip modules? I'd prefer something a little cleaner that the regular Talon grips that you wrap around.

I think Hogue makes some. Much better than Talon
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:20:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jiajihu] [#34]
Love my M18
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Romeo M17's in stock on Sigs site right now. They currently have about 20.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

There was a PSA released on this a while back: https://www.psmagazine.army.mil/News/Article/3245225/m17m18-mhs-rear-sight-inspection-and-repair/

But I can see with laziness how there may be sizable units in the field without the new Loctite.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Another big Army (ABN) unit reporting loose rear sights on ourM17’s, 1 out of about 40 or so.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 11b4v:
Another big Army (ABN) unit reporting loose rear sights on ourM17’s, 1 out of about 40 or so.
View Quote

Some dummy on the assembly line forgot to loctite the screw .
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: distrflman] [#40]
Issue was identified in 2020 or there abouts. Maintenance action message was issued. If units are still having issues they haven't been properly maintained. One time loctite fixes the issue.

All Army matches just finished up, WPW matches will be end of this month. Probably more pistol shooting in those two than alot of unit quals.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Scored an Romeo M17 from Sigs website. This is an impressive little sight. I am really impressed with the mounting system. The optic is much smaller than my Acro P2 as well.

Does anyone know what is being run for holsters with the optic? Does Safariland make anything for the PAIL and an optic?

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Scored an Romeo M17 from Sigs website. This is an impressive little sight. I am really impressed with the mounting system. The optic is much smaller than my Acro P2 as well.

Does anyone know what is being run for holsters with the optic? Does Safariland make anything for the PAIL and an optic?

https://i.imgur.com/QCbuT06.jpg
View Quote
Is PAIL even still being issued? I thought they kinda moved away from it.

Has the Romeo m17 been officially adopted? Seems like the only guys with them are SOF guys and Competition teams. Which I don't think those guys are using the PAIL so you might have a hard time finding one but idk
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Is this a Danish picture?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Has the Romeo m17 been officially adopted?
Seems like the only guys with them are SOF guys and Competition teams. Which I don't think those guys are using the PAIL so you might have a hard time finding one but idk
View Quote

Last I've seen TACOM hasn't approved any slide mounted optics.

SOCOM is going to do what they want, but there are no "approved" optics.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Has the Romeo m17 been officially adopted? Seems like the only guys with them are SOF guys and Competition teams. Which I don't think those guys are using the PAIL so you might have a hard time finding one but idk
View Quote

Good points here. Small Arms Solutions mentioned in a recent video that LMD actually went under because a second round of orders never came through for the PAIL. I guess I will have to retire that to the m17 surplus to be era correct. Any pics of what holsters the SOF guys are using with the Romeo?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Good points here. Small Arms Solutions mentioned in a recent video that LMD actually went under because a second round of orders never came through for the PAIL. I guess I will have to retire that to the m17 surplus to be era correct. Any pics of what holsters the SOF guys are using with the Romeo?
View Quote

Curious on the pics as well.  My humble contribution.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:40:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#48]

View All Quotes

I don't remember the exact comp this was from but you can see his holster. This one seems very similar to the MHH and it may fit the PAIL with optic but I'm unsure.

Attachment Attached File

And here is from the spiritus ODA shake down video.

Attachment Attached File

So it would seem standard Safariland holster would work, which makes sense.

Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

Last I've seen TACOM hasn't approved any slide mounted optics.

SOCOM is going to do what they want, but there are no "approved" optics.
SOCOM adopted the HRS and USASOC the DPP. Though the later seems to be the only ones to be making use of the m17/18 as of now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#49]
So I went back and found some pics of SOF with PAILs, so your desired setup is definitely possible though I think these photos are old.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Some more PAILs in use.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

One more of SOF for good measure.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#50]

As always LSUJON to save the day. Thank you Sir!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top