Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 4:57:27 AM EDT
I'm coming over from the dark side (Glock) but I come in peace

Just pinned together a P320 build with a full size Icarus SOCOM frame. Has anyone had any luck stuffing these into Safariland ALS holsters? The aggressive trigger guard is what concerns me, it's shaped a bit differently than the OE frame (I don't have one on-hand to measure by way of comparison). The 6378RDS outta fit the slide without issue but wanted to get the hive's input before buying the holster. Thoughts?

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:03:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered a light bearing holster? That may take away some of the trigger guard issues that could happen. IIRC the ALS grabs the ejection port.

I have a 6390RDS for a 320 with a TLR-1. I use a TLR-9 and it's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you considered a light bearing holster? That may take away some of the trigger guard issues that could happen. IIRC the ALS grabs the ejection port.

I have a 6390RDS for a 320 with a TLR-1. I use a TLR-9 and it's awesome.
View Quote

This. Add a light. The Safariland options are the same for both the TLR-1HL and Surefire X-300U. You will need to select the full size pistol option or M17 option. That said, you might run into trouble due to the length of the comp. there is a little room forward of the slide in the Safariland’s, but not much.

@135patriots
Edit, did some digging, it seems that if you remove the barrel plug from the bottom of the Safariland you should then have plenty of room. It isn’t a big deal to do this, lots of guys do it as it lets dirt and water move more freely through the holster. So from looking at the pic and your pistol you will just need to get a Safariland rdo for either the M17, full size, or X-five model with a Surefire X-300U or TLR-1HL and you’ll be good to go.

*Not my pic, found it on a Reddit post about using comps with the Safariland holster and solutions*
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses, all makes sense. I was already planning on adding an x300u to this so an RDS+light-bearing holster was the planned approach. And I'm fine with removing the barrel plug and/or light cover, it's what I did to fit my Glock Roland in a 17RDS holster and is GTG.

My concern with the trigger guard came from doing a quick test fit of this Sig in the aforementioned Glock ALS holster and an M&P ALS holster. Both RDS+light-bearing, and the trigger guard was the limiting factor. Clearly those aren't Sig holsters, but it gave me some pause. Safariland makes several full size p320 holsters so I'll order one and report back.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the club

I don’t have direct experience with the Socom module in Safariland holsters, but I can echo adding a WML does wonders for holster fitment on the Icarus grip modules. Mine fit perfectly in my T1C and QVO holsters made for the OEM polymer modules. Besides adding a light will further help with weight/balance and recoil reduction, especially considering the current overall length given the compensator
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 3:20:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to the club

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_01/2A15C3AF-197C-4622-9E81-5651AF22BC07.jpeg.c4267e269bae71ffd1ad514ad545282c.jpeg

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_02/0EEAE921-D3FD-4D66-9A22-884A8F7BAAA0.jpeg.31d78efaa848c16f29ebbe3869b83781.jpeg

I don't have direct experience with the Socom module in Safariland holsters, but I can echo adding a WML does wonders for holster fitment on the Icarus grip modules. Mine fit perfectly in my T1C and QVO holsters made for the OEM polymer modules. Besides adding a light will further help with weight/balance and recoil reduction, especially considering the current overall length given the compensator
View Quote
Nice looking pistols you got there. I'm taking mine out for the first time this week so we'll see how it performs. Admittedly, Sig has been on my shit list for awhile (awful experience with a M11a1) so I'm not going to grade it on a curve. But this looks like a winner on paper.

To round out this thread for future reference, the Safariland full-length ALS+RDS holster (6378RDS-4502) for the 320 does indeed fit and the Icarus frame poses no issues.

What does pose an issue is my comp, the end of which extends just beyond the frame. The end of the holster narrows, which prevented the pistol from inserting properly. A bit of time with a heat gun was required to open up the last inch or so of the holster and it nows fits fine. Normally I'd avoid messing with a holster but since this one uses ALS, rather than passive retention, I don't mind modifying the fit slightly. Retention and safety are in no way compromised.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top