Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2019 1:20:55 AM EDT
Did you buy the new ETS Mags?

How have they performed? If you've had problems, (I've read awful reviews) did you contact ETS and how did they respond?

I want some and I want them to work. So I'm curious how ETS is handling all of it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't yet curious as well. Tagged for responses.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe they are polymer lips on those mags.  Price is right if they work well though
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#3]
i bought some, yet to actually use them.  I put one in my m17 and it was tight it did drop free when it was empty.  I loaded it and it went in but would not drop free while loaded.  I switched to a black small carry grip module and it was fine.  This was the 17 round mag.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Stick with factory mags.

Nothing is more important than reliability. Buy quality and cry once.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hello everyone,
As you guys probably understand, by making these mags in polymer we we are pushing the limits of what’s possible. With glock mags we had all that extra room because they are polymer over metal. On the new SIG mags we didn’t have that extra room. Because of this, the mags may be tight in some of the frames when fully loaded. The compact frames seem the worst. That said, even with the mag loader it should drop free with the slide forward. We felt this was okay because if you’re doing a tac reload there will be one in the chamber and the slide will be forward.

SIG has also changed the mag catches. The old ones are quite sharp. When inserting our mag it will shave some plastic off until it wears in. This usually take only a few forceful insertions. Once broken in it’s a non issue. Some people panicked thinking it would be an ongoing issue and cause damage.

The potential quirk you may see if the follower sticking up a bit when empty, especially when the spring is new. If you insert the mag empty into the gun this may cause the follower to miss the slide lock. If that happens it won’t lock the slide or drop free. This will never happen when actually shooting the mag because the follower will be down from feeding rounds. And when it comes up it will catch the slide lock EVERY SINGLE TIME. In all of our testing it never failed to lock the slide back or drop free when empty.

So, what does all this mean? A lot of people play with new mags when they get them. This is understandable, but the quirky behavior some see while playing with the mags in their living room will nor happen when using the mag the way it’s meant to be used, shooting it.

Also worth mentioning, we have had an abnormal amount of customer contact us about the 21 round models being too large and fitting too tightly. It seems that the amount of variation out there in the grip module is greater than we thought. We have about 25 different test 320 guns but that is still a relatively small sample size compared to all of them out there. So we are making some new 21 rounds and we have changed our spec on them to shrink them down some. We will replace any mags customers are having trouble with being too tight.

We hope you all will give them a try. We worked really hard to make these possible and I’m confident you will be pleased with how they perform, especially if you are aware of the quirks and know they will not effect how the mags feed your gun.

If you all have any questions please post them. I’ll be watching this thread.
View Quote
Understood.  I am willing to try them for sure.  I think for what I intend to use them for those quirks are a non issue.
thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
The price looks good. I will get one and see what happens
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 3:17:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hello everyone,
As you guys probably understand, by making these mags in polymer we we are pushing the limits of what’s possible. With glock mags we had all that extra room because they are polymer over metal. On the new SIG mags we didn’t have that extra room. Because of this, the mags may be tight in some of the frames when fully loaded. The compact frames seem the worst. That said, even with the mag loader it should drop free with the slide forward. We felt this was okay because if you’re doing a tac reload there will be one in the chamber and the slide will be forward.

SIG has also changed the mag catches. The old ones are quite sharp. When inserting our mag it will shave some plastic off until it wears in. This usually take only a few forceful insertions. Once broken in it’s a non issue. Some people panicked thinking it would be an ongoing issue and cause damage.

The potential quirk you may see if the follower sticking up a bit when empty, especially when the spring is new. If you insert the mag empty into the gun this may cause the follower to miss the slide lock. If that happens it won’t lock the slide or drop free. This will never happen when actually shooting the mag because the follower will be down from feeding rounds. And when it comes up it will catch the slide lock EVERY SINGLE TIME. In all of our testing it never failed to lock the slide back or drop free when empty.

So, what does all this mean? A lot of people play with new mags when they get them. This is understandable, but the quirky behavior some see while playing with the mags in their living room will nor happen when using the mag the way it’s meant to be used, shooting it.

Also worth mentioning, we have had an abnormal amount of customer contact us about the 21 round models being too large and fitting too tightly. It seems that the amount of variation out there in the grip module is greater than we thought. We have about 25 different test 320 guns but that is still a relatively small sample size compared to all of them out there. So we are making some new 21 rounds and we have changed our spec on them to shrink them down some. We will replace any mags customers are having trouble with being too tight.

We hope you all will give them a try. We worked really hard to make these possible and I’m confident you will be pleased with how they perform, especially if you are aware of the quirks and know they will not effect how the mags feed your gun.

If you all have any questions please post them. I’ll be watching this thread.
View Quote
@ETSgroup

What is the process to get some of the oversized 21 round magazines replaced? Ordered four of the new P320 mags (x2 17, x2 21) and one of the 21 rounders is a bear to get in and out of the grip. The other three work great though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#10]
@ETSgroup

I've looked around the other forums but it doesn't seem like anyone has done this themselves, so I'll ask you guys directly.

USPSA guys love metal basepads for added weight. Since the ETS mags use Glock basepads, we don't know which combo of basepad + mag will fit in the 141.25mm USPSA gauge.

Do you guys have a mag gauge on hand? If so, can you take a basepad off a 21rd and put it in the gauge and give us the measurement of the resulting gap between the basepad lips and the gauge? That way we can determine max basepad thickness and track down a manufacturer that has one in that size.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@ETSgroup

I've looked around the other forums but it doesn't seem like anyone has done this themselves, so I'll ask you guys directly.

USPSA guys love metal basepads for added weight. Since the ETS mags use Glock basepads, we don't know which combo of basepad + mag will fit in the 141.25mm USPSA gauge.

Do you guys have a mag gauge on hand? If so, can you take a basepad off a 21rd and put it in the gauge and give us the measurement of the resulting gap between the basepad lips and the gauge? That way we can determine max basepad thickness and track down a manufacturer that has one in that size.
View Quote
You're better off using a 17rd mag, the 21rd mags have flat bottoms not angled like the smaller mags and glock mags so a basepad put on the 21rd mag will sit at a really strange angle.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#14]
@ETSgroup Thanks for the reply!!! This was some really helpful info you guys provided.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I know I’m the oddball guy here but any chance on 320 .40 mags? If not do you think regular Sig .40 followers in the ETS 9mm will work?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I got three of the 21rd mags and tried them out last weekend. Functionally they all worked fine for the most part. LRBHO worked great and mags dropped free when empty. One magazine consistently locked the slide back with one round left in the magazine however. Mags are indeed tight when loaded and will not drop free until almost empty or fully empty (using an X5 full size grip module). I suspect the issue with the one mag locking back early will subside once the mag breaks in more, but if not I'll probably contact ETS for a replacement.

Not much else to say. I feel better about dropping these on concrete vs my $40-50 factory mags lol.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I asked in the ETS's industry forum, but am curious... do the 17 rounders or 21 rounders fit in the X-Five frame with magwell?

If not, I'll be dropping 20$ per mag to Hennings to get more of his baseplates for my existing stash of full size 1st gen mags.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I have 3 21 rders I think they are ok for range mags but none drop free, all required some breaking in before they would insert easily till the mag catch caught. all require being pulled free from the mag well. they feed well but I wouldn't want them for a carry mag. its a bit different from the ets glock mags I own.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 2:36:44 AM EDT
[#20]
FWIW... the 17 rounders seem to fit as "flush fit" with the X-Five and Magwell.

the 21 rounders fit just fine with the X-Five mag well grip.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Gentlemen, I ordered and received 2x 15 rdrs. The mags fit perfectly in the mag well, but there was an issue with the follower on the last round. I discovered my slide lock lever would either catch the channel in the magazine for the follower or the follower would stick up just slightly enough to engage the slide lock.  I shaved a few mils from the slide lock channel on the magazine body as well as the tab on the follower and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Edit: spelling
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Any known issues with the 21 round mags and the p320 legion? Seems often pushing the mag release and it just kind of sticks and I have to yank the mag out.. definitely no drop free. Also, loaded 4 rounds (using snap caps), for example, slide locked back, slam the mag home and can't slingshot the slide to chamber a round... If I hit the slide release tho it will.. I can dry fire until the last round and the mag locks back with 1 round still in the mag.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any known issues with the 21 round mags and the p320 legion? Seems often pushing the mag release and it just kind of sticks and I have to yank the mag out.. definitely no drop free. Also, loaded 4 rounds (using snap caps), for example, slide locked back, slam the mag home and can't slingshot the slide to chamber a round... If I hit the slide release tho it will.. I can dry fire until the last round and the mag locks back with 1 round still in the mag.
View Quote
I have two of the 30 rounders. I had the same issue(both mags) with the slide locking back with 1 round left in the mag. But it only happened for the first 2 mag fulls. After that neither mag acted up again.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#25]
SIG royally schitt the bed when it came to mag base plate design as you may know.
We have round peg, square peg, round logo, worded logo, 21rd 1st gen, 21td 2nd gen and the list goes on.
If I wanted to compete in the P320 mag market, my mags would have standardized base plates that would work in any P320.
The base plate would have to be square peg and have the Legion profile.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I agree 100%. I have no idea why they would make such a variety and cause headaches like that
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Oops.. went back and looked at the mags listed on gunmagwarehouse and missed this review on the second page...

This explains my same issue pretty accurately.

Contacted ETS and they told me to mail in my mags for measurements or something. Kind of sucks to spend $10 to mail in $35 in mags but it is what it is I suppose, lol. I'll look into mailing them after the holiday when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don’t worry we will take care of you. If the mags are out of spec we’ll throw in an extramarital mag for your trouble.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oops.. went back and looked at the mags listed on gunmagwarehouse and missed this review on the second page...

This explains my same issue pretty accurately.

Contacted ETS and they told me to mail in my mags for measurements or something. Kind of sucks to spend $10 to mail in $35 in mags but it is what it is I suppose, lol. I'll look into mailing them after the holiday when I get a chance.
Don’t worry we will take care of you. If the mags are out of spec we’ll throw in an extramarital mag for your trouble.
Sounds good thank you! Haha.. extramarital mag.. lol
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I know I’m the oddball guy here but any chance on 320 .40 mags? If not do you think regular Sig .40 followers in the ETS 9mm will work?
View Quote
Time-sensitive material in your Inbox (upper right of page)
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Mailed my 21 round mags in 3+ weeks ago and it seems they vanished into the void. Sent them out the same day I submitted a passport renewal application to the gov and got my new passport today... No word back on the non fitting 21 round mags ?? lol.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:32:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

When were they delivered to us?
View Quote
When I get out to my car next I'll grab the tracking slip and check ??
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Alright. If you want you can send me a DM with your info so I can follow up on it. We were shut down all last week while we were at SHOT show.
View Quote
No problem, sending now. I was a little off on the timeline... Looks like it was shipped out Jan 16th and not 3 weeks ago, sorry for the confusion!
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn’t get an IM from but I’m sure I missed the time line...
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I got a package shipping notification from ETS... Will see how replacement mags work out soon and report back.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#41]
So how do they work after getting the new ones, I’m about to click order on some but am kind of worried with all of the bad reviews on them.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#42]
First, I'm happy to see ETS on the site and the thread. Kudos for stepping up. I received two 17 round magazines and a 30 rounder today. All three would drop free only when empty. When full they would not drop free. Only one of the 17 rounders, when reduced to 16 rounds, would drop free. At first I thought it was an issue with the tops of the magazines. Now however, I believe the magazine bodies expand when fully or partially loaded keeping them from dropping when the magazine release in pushed.  It is evident when I press the magazine sides a little the rounds move easily showing the flex in the sidewalls of the magazines. The rounds appear to make the magazines "fatter". With a little inertia, I could make a fully loaded magazine easily drop when the magazine release was pressed. Each magazine is unique for sure. I have not tried a dry teflon lube to see if that would help.  I have sent a message to ETS. Thanks for reading. I haven't been on ARCOM for a while. Glad to be back.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I just recently got into the P320 game, but I went all in with a M17, M18, and a X-Compact right as this pandemic started. I picked up extra Sig mags and have 8-17, 8-21, and 6-15 round mags. I got 2 ETS 30s and 2 ETS 21s to try when I was ordering the factory mags and have had them out to the range twice so far and have had issues with them not wanting to seat and load first round, not loading last round, slide not locking open on empty mag, and slide locking open with one round left in the mag. I am hoping these issues resolve with more break in time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:41:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top