Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2020 9:31:33 PM EDT
Got my CHPWS spacer plate in the mail today, EXCELLENT craftsmanship!   It’s essentially an RMR sealing plate with recoil lugs and a gap filler up front.  Perfect fit.Attachment Attached File
Comes with two screws; VERY happy with the product!
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Was wondering if someone made something like this. I want one for my professional slide.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Got mine about a week and a half ago and have run about 300 rounds with it. Even though it acts as a Sealer plate, I found adding a sealing plate actually got the site up just a hair more so my Irons sit a bit lower in the window. I know its not much but it is noticeable.  I am having a bit of an issue transitioning from the DPP to the RM06.
The DPP has way clearer glass and the window disappears as opposed to the RM06.
The biggest plus is not having to have a GIANT .400" front site like I had to have to clear the DPP.

At this point I am not sure which way I will end up going but its fun playing around.  

cp
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

That came today. Waiting on RMR.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Freaking show-Off!

LOL
cp
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]

@11b4v

That looks sharp man. Add an X300U-B in Tan and you're in business.

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Me like. Does the barrel on the AXG have the LCI notch or no?

Agreed this needs a FDE X300U
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got mine about a week and a half ago and have run about 300 rounds with it. Even though it acts as a Sealer plate, I found adding a sealing plate actually got the site up just a hair more so my Irons sit a bit lower in the window. I know its not much but it is noticeable.  I am having a bit of an issue transitioning from the DPP to the RM06.
The DPP has way clearer glass and the window disappears as opposed to the RM06.
The biggest plus is not having to have a GIANT .400" front site like I had to have to clear the DPP.

At this point I am not sure which way I will end up going but its fun playing around.  

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/923/IqLVX2.jpg

cp
View Quote

CP,

I too am in the same boat with the transition.  My EDC is an M18 with a DPP, and that tall, .400 Dawson front site.  I'm debating selling it toward another RMR.  The RMR seems to have slight magnification to me.  I agree with you on all points.  I’m burning through all my reloads trying to settle in on the RMR

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Me like. Does the barrel on the AXG have the LCI notch or no?

Agreed this needs a FDE X300U
View Quote

No, it does not have an LCI.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

CP,

I too am in the same boat with the transition.  My EDC is an M18 with a DPP, and that tall, .400 Dawson front site.  I'm debating selling it toward another RMR.  The RMR seems to have slight magnification to me.  I agree with you on all points.  I’m burning through all my reloads trying to settle in on the RMR

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/778/96BA3C82-7CB4-47E2-B4D6-F8041FCCD900_jpe-1681020.JPG
View Quote

Edited and changed because today after another 500 rounds I am pleased to say that the small issues I was dealing with seamed to resolve them self as I worked through some actual scenarios and hard use. Very pleased with this set up.

cp
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:55:13 AM EDT
[#10]
@11b4v

You asked for the weight of the Bobro set up awhile back but I didn’t want to have to re-zero. I just sent my M18 slide off for some Cerakote Elite so here is the weight with screws vs the weight of the rear sight assembly with screws. Also I snapped a photo of the rear sight with the RMR.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#11]
The Plate works well and co-witness with Sig Suppressor sites is perfect.

cp
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Great looking CP!
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Very nice setup there!
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn fine looking setup! And my CHPWS plate for my G43X MOS works great, very thin.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got this slide in the mail, do I need one of these plates for an RMR?

https://www.sigsauer.com/xseries-optic-ready-slide-assembly-coyote-3-9.html
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:57:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can’t help with your question, I’m new to rds on pistols, but can I ask does that slide have the loaded chamber indicator?

Did you have to fit the barrel?  Use a standard or x barrel?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Can't help with your question, I'm new to rds on pistols, but can I ask does that slide have the loaded chamber indicator?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't help with your question, I'm new to rds on pistols, but can I ask does that slide have the loaded chamber indicator?

It does not. I have purchased a PMM barrel/comp combo that has been sitting with the dang USPS since the 16th. I really hope to get it soon as it is the last piece of the puzzle on this first SIG I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, I have my Swampfox Justice with the Ironsides mounted to my slide and there is just a hair of play. Would the CHPWS take up too much room in the notch?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Does the CHWPS plate fill in the Romeo cut? My 320 slide has the Romeo cut. Wanted to use an RMR I took off of one of my ACOGs for now.
Got a link for the plate? Checked the website and it has all kinds of plates for SIGs.

Got my grip frame back from ceracoat.  Had it done in SIG dark grey.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Is this it?
https://chpws.com/product/sig-p320-w-r1p-dpp-cut-w-rmr-holosun-holes-filler-plate-for-rmr-sro-holosun
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Just picked up my AGX and saw this thread.
I was under the impression a RMR was direct fit and didn’t need anything other than what came with the pistol.

Is that part not true or the mount in factory form suck? I saw the op commented about the recoil lugs. I wasn’t sure if the sig system likes to break screws etc.   I picked the pistol up this mourning so I haven’t really got to take a good look
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#22]
You can direct mount the RMR but there is a slight space between the RMR and the front of the cut out in the slide. Without lugs for the RMR and having that space means that the force from the inertia of the slide cycling is focused on the screws themselves and they have been known to shear off with time and lots of rounds down range. The spacer plate acts both as a seal plate for the RMR and fills the gap taking some of the stress off the screws.
Make sense?
Chuck

ETA: one thing I was not expecting when I punched the plate was having to shorten the right screw with a grinder so it doesn’t protrude into the extractor channel in the slide. It does take a little fitting, so it can be intimidating to some people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#23]
FWIW, alternative to the CHPWS spacer is Sig part number 1303084-R 'Sealing Plate Kit, Trijicon RMR/SRO', includes two screws.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
FWIW, alternative to the CHPWS spacer is Sig part number 1303084-R 'Sealing Plate Kit, Trijicon RMR/SRO', includes two screws.
View Quote

Wouldn't really consider that an alternative. It doesn't have the front bosses which is 99% of the purpose of the CHPWS plate.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wouldn't really consider that an alternative. It doesn't have the front bosses which is 99% of the purpose of the CHPWS plate.
View Quote

You're right. Those plates were in a shipment of parts we received this morning. Finally got to open one up and check the fit. All it does is literally 'seal' the bottom of the RMR/SRO. It doesn't fill the gap left in the slide. Pretty irritated because that was not what I expected when I ordered 20 of them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You can direct mount the RMR but there is a slight space between the RMR and the front of the cut out in the slide. Without lugs for the RMR and having that space means that the force from the inertia of the slide cycling is focused on the screws themselves and they have been known to shear off with time and lots of rounds down range. The spacer plate acts both as a seal plate for the RMR and fills the gap taking some of the stress off the screws.
Make sense?
Chuck

ETA: one thing I was not expecting when I punched the plate was having to shorten the right screw with a grinder so it doesn’t protrude into the extractor channel in the slide. It does take a little fitting, so it can be intimidating to some people.
View Quote

Ya I pulled the plate and saw the gap immediately when I placed a rmr on the screw holes.
Not a huge deal.  I like my RMR’s I have no plans to go with any of Sigs offerings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top