Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2021 1:37:34 AM EDT
Recently picked one of these up I think it’s the LEM model. No safety or decocker, anyone have any experience with this pistol? How does it compare to a USP .40? Also anyone know anywhere I can get some mags for this thing at a decent price? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I carried one witha tlr1 for work for 5 years. I am a fan. I used a usp45 at one job, and the p30l at the other (no 45s allowed). I ended up converting the usp to lem because I liked the trigger system that much. Not much trigger time on a usp40, but the p30l just feels perfect in my hand. The lack of capacity sucks on it, but I got around that by running +5 extensions on mine, never had a single issue with them. As for cheap mags, all I can say is good luck.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome which holster were you running? I got some mags from RTG like you said, not cheap. Capacity does suck I need to get a few +5s also. You would think with H&K releasing the 17 round mags for the VP9 they could crank out some 15 rounders for the 40.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I ran a safariland duty rig. Taylor freelance extensions. I agree, 15 rounders from the factory would be nice (and I told the hk reps that at the shotshow range day last year), but it seems everyone is giving up on .40.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Recently picked one of these up I think it’s the LEM model. No safety or decocker, anyone have any experience with this pistol? How does it compare to a USP .40? Also anyone know anywhere I can get some mags for this thing at a decent price? Thanks.
View Quote

Decent priced mags in the EE...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-3-VP40-13-round-mags-with-aluminum-base-plates/178-2105908/
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks!
View Quote

You bet!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a pair of them with factory night sights.  They replaced a USP Compact 40SW.  They're great guns albeit a little big / blocky for CCW use.

I had a huge pile of spare mags that I sold for $18 each (NIW) when I sold the guns late last year.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Follow on comment ...

As it turns out I preferred the USP Compact V1 over the P30L LEM.  I'm use to cocked-and-locked and couldn't adjust to the LEM.  I've had a P30, P30SK, P2000, P2000SK and the two P30L with LEM and in spite of the internet love for it ... I think its too long and stagy. Granted, I've been shooting 1911s and (worked over / action + trigger jobbed) Beretta 92 series guns for decades so my trigger tastes run more traditional. Overall, I really liked the the P30L LEM 40's but ultimately they didn't fit into any specific niche need I had.  They made great bedside guns with a TLR-1HL attached but that wasn't reason enough to keep them.  The USP-C40 with a Grey's Guns SRS installed was nothing short of amazing in trigger comparison.

The only polymer framed guns that I "like" are the USP, USP Compact, P2000, P30, and HK45 series.  I've owned many others and still have Glock but I have little faith in any polymer gun outside of H&K.  In fact, I fired my HK45C this morning.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I replaced an ancient USP .40 V1 for this P30L. After shooting it the other day I think I made the right choice. Thanks for all the input everyone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell ya man, I tried to find one earlier but since then I haven’t seen one!
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hell ya man, I tried to find one earlier but since then I haven’t seen one!
View Quote

Got lucky and found this one “used” locally at my range. I think I paid $600 for it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top