Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 5:36:46 PM EDT
Hello all, I wanted to pick your brains regarding an issue I have. I have a 93 dated P228 that I’ve owned for about five years. It had fiber optic sights on it when I bought it that I had replaced by a LGS for standard SigLite. Recently when firing I’ve noticed the rear sight is sliding out of the dovetail. I’ve done some research already that states sights should be removed and installed a certain direction; however I have no idea if this shop did it the right way. Is my slide DOA? I have tried peening the bottom of the sight to no avail. Thanks everyone.

Nick
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#1]
A drop of Locktite will probably cure the problem
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello all, I wanted to pick your brains regarding an issue I have. I have a 93 dated P228 that I've owned for about five years. It had fiber optic sights on it when I bought it that I had replaced by a LGS for standard SigLite. Recently when firing I've noticed the rear sight is sliding out of the dovetail. I've done some research already that states sights should be removed and installed a certain direction; however I have no idea if this shop did it the right way. Is my slide DOA? I have tried peening the bottom of the sight to no avail. Thanks everyone.

Nick
View Quote

Nothing wrong w/ the slide. It's tougher than the sights.  If peening the sight didn't work, time for a new rear sight. Do nothing to the slide itself. We always go off and on from the left, but the universe will survive if done from the right.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top