Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2022 7:20:23 PM EDT
I see there are options to reduce the factory 14 pound spring to 10/11/12. Anyone experience reliability issues with any of these? Or what are your experiences with reduced power main springs. I love my P2000, but the DA pull is stupid heavy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried a 12lb and it was better. Went to a 10lb and it was way better. No malfunctions or light strikes yet, after about 500 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I went ahead and got a 10 pound spring. Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but it sure launched a pen pretty far.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I dug pretty deep into this topic before changing it.

HK makes them with a heavy spring so it will be reliable in all conditions. If you're going to put 10s of thousands of rounds through it and rarely clean it, the stock spring would serve you best. If you're like me, and clean the gun well, it shouldn't be an issue. I also detail clean my slides after a few thousand rounds or less. The firing pin channel being clogged up seems to be a big culprit of light strikes.

Another member on HKpro said he puts a new hammer spring in every 2-3k rounds. At $20 for a 10 pack of Wolff springs, he said it's cheap insurance. I also don't shoot hard primered ammo, so take that for what it's worth.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top