Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2020 8:57:10 PM EDT
Tell me about the P01, are you carrying it and if so what holsters and mag carriers work for you.  Any issues with hollowpoint ammo like HST? How does it compare to, say, the M11A1?  What light are you using with it?

I gots to know.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two.  IMO one of the best mid size 9s out there.   Plenty of light choices, I like the streamlight TLR .    Mine eat any ball, HST or gold dot I have stuffed in there.

They do not detail strip as easy as a Glock.  Lots of parts in the fire control group.   I’ve never had an issue with mine.  The triggers are usually just OK out of the box.   There are some quick fixes/Cajun gun works/, or you can run a case of ammo thru it and it will smooth up nicely.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry IWB with mine.  This looks crude, but it is really nice.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Carry my steel P01's in a gunshow Custom kydex holster that was originally made for my SP01.

Triggers smooth up nicely with use, but if you have some expendable cash laying around, Cajun or CZC can turn them into something amazing.

I carry mine with 124gr +P Gold Dots.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

I use a holster from RRTholsters, IWB holster from JMcustom kydex.

I have a LOT of rounds through this gun. Never had an issue with any hollow points of any make.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/161329/8DCF825B-554B-4FFE-A43B-3FBC74CDB992_jpe-1373680.JPG

I use a holster from RRTholsters, IWB holster from JMcustom kydex.

I have a LOT of rounds through this gun. Never had an issue with any hollow points of any make.
View Quote

What sights are those?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Be careful, the CZ addiction is as real as the MSR one. 1 P01 will not be enough! As for HST's both of mine eat it with no problem, actually have not found ammo that wont function in them. Holsters are comptac modded to run the RTI mount and a gun show find. Cant help on lights.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple Omega P01s.  UG and black.  I've only run 115 grain HPs through mine.  No issues.  Great groups.  I did shoot a few 115 grain FMJ Federals through it and they ran great and also shot good groups.  I tried some Winchester 147 grain hollow points.  Functioned fine, groups sucked.  Same for the Winchester 124 grain FMJ NATO ammo.  Functions fine, groups are for shit.  All that compared to the 115 grain hollow points, that is.

I use the small, rechargeable Olight PL Mini lights on both mine.  Working fine so far.

I carry the black one in a White Hat Holsters IWB leather and kydex holster.  Spare mag. in a kydex IWB carrier on the left side.

The UG has the factory night sights.  Front side died a couple/three months after I bought it.  CZ USA had the slide with a new front night sight back to me in 10 days (even with FedEx losing the slide in a warehouse for 3 days on its way to CZ USA).  The black on had the factory sights replaced with night sights bought from Cajun Gun Works (I don't remember the brand).

No trigger/action work done on either one.  Both were fine out of the box.  Both have the safeties installed and are carried cocked and locked.

Both are accurate enough to suit me and I'm picky.

I bought the UG model first, liked it well enough that I ordered the black one and it did not disappoint me either.

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#8]
What M1A4ME said about bullet weight is true for me.  I was running 147 gr for a while, but did notice my groups were larger.

It ran fine, but so do 124 gr HST, and they group much tighter.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input everyone, as if I needed more positive reinforcement.  I ended up picking up a P01 SDP over the weekend and with all of the local ranges being closed have not had a chance to put any rounds through it.  Driving me freaking crazy...

I typically carry in Milt Sparks VM2 for IWB or a Raven Phantom (with wing attachments) for OWB.  I'd like to try something different with this pistol so if you can post pics of your P01 in holsters that would be greatly appreciated.  I've never carried AIWB before but not ruling it out either.

Pics because rules and all.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice, you basically bought the final form of the P01...only things you might want to do to it next are buy/fit a threaded barrel for it and...er...well, maybe fatter grips if you wear XL+ sized gloves like I do

I have a JM Custom Kydex AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 for mine, set up for a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights (I had a P01 Omega suppressor ready, sold it for ...not great reasons...and bought a P01 Decocker in it's place). It disappears. Sadly my P01 is down waiting for some spare parts (I broke the lifter spring while cleaning up the action and reassembling, something you won't need to do to your SDP) so I don't have a photo of it in the holster.

I'd recommend the extra tuck option, and the full guard as well, to cover the decocker. You might want to spring for getting the optic cut as well, simply to give you options later on down the line. If you plan on AIWB carry, this is easily your best buy; I've tried a bunch of other AIWB holsters and JMCK really hit all the points with theirs IMO.

As far as bullet weights go I honestly haven't noticed any issues with mine on that regard but then again I've really only put 147s through mine, and not all that many tbh...when mine gets all buttoned up and to the range next time, I'll try it with some 115s, 124s and 147s and see what it likes more. I really hope 124s and 147s perform well, as my normal SD rounds are 124+p and 147gr HSTs...and I don't want to stock another bullet weight just for this thing
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had my P01 for a couple years now, bone stock except for LOK grips on it.  At some point I would like to replace the sights with something a little more high visibility but have no plans for any other changes.  
As far as holsters I have a OWB kydex that accomodates a TLR1, a Galco (IIRC) Summer Special and gun show Nelson style.  They all function as they should.  I prefer the gun show special actually.
Ammo: 115, 124, 124+P, 147, 147+P, and some old old FMJ my brother gave me that won't fire in his Glocks but will fire in my CZ.  They all function 100%.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Just ordered some Coolhand grips for this in case the sandpaper stock ones rub me the wrong way.  The holster search is on. Thanks for the input so far.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I love my P-01. You will not regret it.

I use Tier 1 holsters. I know they aren't cheap, but I've have 4 of them and have 3 more on the way for another gun.

That OWB holster is some random one off of eBay.

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Just picked up a Vedder LightDraw holster, and the CZ addiction begins.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Finally got to put 200 rounds through the cz today, other than my putting the dbl action shots a little low it was a total blast shooting this.  Felt great in the hand and the trigger is excellent. Everything I heard was true.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Another recommendation for the TLR7 light.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the InForce APLc, the Glock model, on mine.  (Saw somewhere that the Glock model fit just a little better.)  Originally had the full-size APL on it, moved that over to the P-07 for some future Fauxland Special action.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnRippert:
Another recommendation for the TLR7 light.
View Quote

TLR-7a on a P-01 is concealed perfection.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I carry a cajunized P-01. I use stealthgear holsters, and find them to be incredibly comfortable I shoot 124 grain HST's for defense loads, mine has never hiccuped on anything. In my opinion the P01 is the finest compact carry pistol made.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Update: i have a separate post about carrrying aiwb but a few things i have found are as follows:

This thing loves mg carry load of 124gr HST
I prefer the Mecgar magazines as the hard plastic base pad does not grab my shirts,  plus you get an extra round in capacity
The flat metal base pad i picked up at greg cote does not play well woth the standard mag guts
Easy to carry this gun, i got used to the added girth easily
I put enough reps in over the weekend to get some new blisters, its worth it

Happy so far, glad i went cz instead of Sig.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top