Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2023 8:24:17 PM EDT
I know it’s my choice in the end but I’m curious as to what y’all think of these two pistols. I can’t decide which to get.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the grip and thinner slide of the P01. I’ve had a P-07, and for me, it was a just bit too thick.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#2]
P-01 Omega is one of those pistols that never seems to be available.

I always look when I'm at a CZ dealer, and I've never seen one.

I have a P07, rather have a P-01.  Cheaper magazines, bigger thumb safety.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 12:30:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jmiro] [#3]
I have a P07 duty supressor ready. I was kicking tires on a P01 and got to run one.
P01:
The PO1 ergos were more like my 75bd. The slide release and decocker/safety has a little more meat on on them.  The gun felt a little heavier(not much) and the grip was wider.  As said above the the slide is narrower.  Which all comes down to preference.  The sights were exactly the same as my 75.  It was like shooting a smaller 75.
P07
Ergos a a little different from the 75/01.  Mine has 3 back straps to choose from.  The grip seems thinner.  I rather like the thicker slide and think the serrations are better.  Stippling on the frame above the the trigger guard right out of the box. I also like the under cut and trigger better.  Once again preference.  I also like the sights on my duty better.  

Mags: The internet tells me that 75 mags will run in the 01 and not the 07.  75 mags seem to be cheaper and easier to come by than the 10/07 mags.  I will say I have ran the 75 mags at the range in the 07 with no issues. They do not fit flush in the bottom of the 07.  I could not tell you how the fit in the 01.

The reason I did not buy the 01 was because I have the 07 and a 75. I felt like I was missing nothing.  If you put the two in front of me and I could only have one.  My knee jerk would be the 01.  That would only be because I love my 75.  After shooting and running the 07.  I would buy it over the 01.  Plus i think it can be had cheaper than the 01.
Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer my DA/SA guns to be the CZ75 series.  For plastic guns mine are P10's.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
P-01
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have P07 (9MM and .40) and P01 Omega pistols.

The P01 fits my hands better and feels really good.

The P07 (.40) just shoots better groups for me.

You don't need "CZ" mags.  Buy Mecgar.  Mecgar makes the CZ mags, stamps CZ on them and that costs you an extra $10 to $12 per magazine.

My understanding is CZ has stopped making the Omega pistols except the P07/P09.  Don't know how long they'll support them with parts before they just apologize for no longer supporting the other Omega pistols.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
P01. I don't think there is a better feeling and pointing grip designed for a handgun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunjunki:
P01. I don't think there is a better feeling and pointing grip designed for a handgun.
https://i.imgur.com/Zu2hipEl.jpg
View Quote

That looks nice, I still regret passing on a suppressor ready p01 for like 550 at auction ans got a px4 instead. I wish there was a decent micro comp for the p01 out there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:55:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#9]
I have a PCR and have wanted a P01 for a while, but the only difference is the light rail and I have a hard time justifying it.

I like shooting the PCR a lot better than my P07 (but I don't have an Omega trigger on the PCR and the Omega on the '07 is much better). I think the '75 ergos are just better for my hands. Both work well suppressed. But I like the thicker slide of the P07 for mounting an optic without adapters.  I was also able to get the rear sight moved in front of the optic.

So for me the only correct answer is get both.

Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:58:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#10]
Originally Posted By jmiro:
Mags: The internet tells me that 75 mags will run in the 01 and not the 07.  
View Quote
Correct. The P07 uses P10C mags (and will also accept the long P10F mags).
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:40:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#11]
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Mags: The internet tells me that 75 mags will run in the 01 and not the 07.  

I understand that.  I guess I was asking what exact mag you are using in that pic of the 07.  I have two mags that came with mine.  Issue is they both have an extend base.  I would like at least one that fits more flush like your picture.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Try to go to a gun store and feel each gun in your hand. I wanted to get a P-07 a few times but each time I hold one it feels very uncomfortable.

My P-01 feels absolutely amazing while holding it. It is extremely comfortable and controllable. I actually like the factory rubber grips, the palm swells just feel right.

I've heard people would be exact opposite experience, the P-01 is awkward but the P-07 is perfect. The biggest thing I hear negative is having right size hands and finger length to properly reach the trigger.

I'm also the big fan of the CZ 75 series so many of my spare parts, magazines and accessories will work across multiple pistols.

If this is your first pistol in the CZ world then really it will come down to personal preference. Both will be reliable guns that will serve you well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 11:23:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DamnYankee01] [#14]
I have a PCR and have wanted a P01 for a while, but the only difference is the light rail and I have a hard time justifying it.

I like shooting the PCR a lot better than my P07 (but I don't have an Omega trigger on the PCR and the Omega on the '07 is much better). I think the '75 ergos are just better for my hands. Both work well suppressed. But I like the thicker slide of the P07 for mounting an optic without adapters.  I was also able to get the rear sight moved in front of the optic.

https://i.imgur.com/GWpxFFj.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/yb99AuI.jpeg

View Quote

What thread protector is that on the P07?
I am seriously considering getting both. I already picked up the P07. It already has the CGW Pro package installed so I couldn't resist the deal, so I snagged it first. Now I'm looking at a new P01 Omega for sale locally.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#15]

I understand that.  I guess I was asking what exact mag you are using in that pic of the 07.  I have two mags that came with mine.  Issue is they both have an extend base.  I would like at least one that fits more flush like your picture.
View Quote

That's a P10C 15rd mag. Both my P07 and P10C came with two 17rd P-10C mags (They are the 15rd mags with a 2rd extensions).

P10C 15rd mag:
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/806703114200
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DamnYankee01:

What thread protector is that on the P07?

View Quote
Primary Machine. They did the slide milling for me and I bought the thread protector from them as well.

https://primarymachine.com/primary-machine-thread-protector/

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#17]

https://i.imgur.com/GWpxFFj.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/yb99AuI.jpeg

View Quote

What grips? I’m going to get exactly both of those. Looks nice!
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Always the P01.

P07 once you get the P01
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#19]
Originally Posted By PeterPangenderPhD:

What grips? I'm going to get exactly both of those. Looks nice!
View Quote
Thanks!

The PCR is wearing G10 VZgrips. Hyena Brown VZ Frags.

https://vzgrips.com/products/cz-75-compact-grip-vz-frag.html

The CZ-75B is wearing CZ's walnut grips. They are identical to the black plastic OEM ones, but made of Turkish Walnut.

You used to be able to buy them off the CZ-USA website, but I can't find them now. Maybe search around and you'll find a set or something similar.

Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#20]
The P01 Omega is perhaps the most perfect handgun ever designed and fielded. I also have a 7075 rami and a 85 Cajunized Combat.

CZ converted me from a Sig Fanboy. I still love Classic P series pistols and own a bunch. My P320s sit in the safe replaced by M&P 2.0s for fantastic plastic. But in terms of ergonomic perfection and pointability, the CZs take it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top