Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2023 6:22:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy]
Total impulse buy as Im going for the guns I had in the military and the M9 was my first—this is just the updated version right?

Do all M92 mags cross fit or do I need specific M9A4 mags?

And who has the best price—ill buy at least 3 more
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything 92 fits. There just might be a BF sale going on at Beretta.com, that after the BLF25 discount, will get you flush fit 18 rounders (UD8A0601P) for ~20.99...

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By airman100:
Everything 92 fits. There just might be a BF sale going on at Beretta.com, that after the BLF25 discount, will get you flush fit 18 rounders (UD8A0601P) for ~20.99...

View Quote

That is why I spend so much here, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thx, used to good effect just now
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up on the BF sale, used to good effect as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By airman100:

View Quote
Oh yeah, jumped all up in that, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#6]
So, I received and picked up from my FFL.  

-Surprise!  It came in a fancy box within a M9A4 labled FDE plastic ammo can and was quite impressive to behold.
-Mags are black 18 rd with FDE base plates, which I figured would be the case after reading some online reviews of people not getting FDE colored mags.
-The gription is nice. Seems well done on the grips and body.  I like it.  I probably will never try out the additional wraparounds that were included.
-Surprise!  There are night sights on the gun, somehow I missed that in the description.
-Surprise!  There's a $75 rebate now too (already submitted).  S after rebate, I'll be in this pistol for about $675, which seems like a pretty good deal in today's market for these (Which I feel is slightly overpriced).
- The trigger is surprisingly bad.  It's like a revolver.  The DA is better than the SA.  NOTE: I have not cleaned, lubed or shot but there's plenty of lube on the gun.
-I have not yet disassembled and looked for tooling marks, I'm not sure I want to try to find any.
-Surprise!  I still had mags from when I owned an M9 or base 92 decades ago, so had a MecGar 17 rounder and two new in wrap taiwanese blued 15 rounders in a spares box.
-anondizing and cerakote don't match very well and I like it--better than my early SCAR16's for sure.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:

-Surprise!  It came in a fancy box within a M9A4 labled FDE plastic ammo can and was quite impressive to behold.
-Mags are black 18 rd with FDE base plates, which I figured would be the case after reading some online reviews of people not getting FDE colored mags.
-The gription is nice. Seems well done on the grips and body.  I like it.  I probably will never try out the additional wraparounds that were included.
-Surprise!  There are night sights on the gun, somehow I missed that in the description.
-Surprise!  There's a $75 rebate now too (already submitted).  S after rebate, I'll be in this pistol for about $675, which seems like a pretty good deal in today's market for these (Which I feel is slightly overpriced).
- The trigger is surprisingly bad.  It's like a revolver.  The DA is better than the SA.  NOTE: I have not cleaned, lubed or shot but there's plenty of lube on the gun.
-I have not yet disassembled and looked for tooling marks, I'm not sure I want to try to find any.
-Surprise!  I still had mags from when I owned an M9 or base 92 decades ago, so had a MecGar 17 rounder and two new in wrap taiwanese blued 15 rounders in a spares box.
-anondizing and cerakote don't match very well and I like it--better than my early SCAR16's for sure.
View Quote

Congrats! Add a Langon Tactical Trigger Job in a Bag and you'll have a sweet shooter. LTT has 10% off for black Friday currently. Go to the site, spin the wheel, use the code.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info and link to LTT.

I'm going to fire hundreds of rounds through it before I decide on upgrades.  Supressed and unsupressed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
My trigger was actually pretty good and has gotten better over the last year since new, but mine has a problem with 2 of the mags. When full loaded to 18 rounds they won't eject from the gun until I rack the slide and get the mag down to 17 rounds. The other mag does fine. Otherwise it's has become my favorite pistol over all my 1911s, cz, walther, glocks and sigs. I can't believe how long I've not owned a 92 series. I always remembered people bragging about them but I dismissed that as Fudd talk.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
I just bought one too. The LTT trigger job in a bag will make it a completely different gun. Had to get different grips though. Mine were dragging so bad on the trigger bar it wouldn't always reset.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#11]
How about a milspec style holster?

Apparently the old M12 I was going to buy (cuz that's what I was issued back in the day) is such an outdated POS that it causes arguments on here.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
I just bought one too. The LTT trigger job in a bag will make it a completely different gun. Had to get different grips though. Mine were dragging so bad on the trigger bar it wouldn't always reset.
View Quote

Did this problem show itself with both sets of grips it comes with?
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pokey074:

Don't know. I like the Vertec grip so much I never even tried the wraparound grips. To be fair, I'm left handed so my left thumb puts extra pressure on the area right over the trigger bar.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Im lefty too ill have to watch for that.

When i shoot righty my right finger gets in the way of the mag release so I have to shift from my firing grip to do a mag dump.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Congrats OP, welcome to the m92 club it’s a fun place!

I have an M12 holster my older belt setup it works fine for that purpose.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Im lefty too ill have to watch for that.

When i shoot righty my right finger gets in the way of the mag release so I have to shift from my firing grip to do a mag dump.
View Quote
Also found that the extended mag release was actually a hindrance for me. (I keep it on the left side and use my trigger finger to drop the mag.) Sourced a regular release and like it better.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the info and link to LTT.

I'm going to fire hundreds of rounds through it before I decide on upgrades.  Supressed and unsupressed.
View Quote

New springs are a no-brainer on a Beretta. A spring kit is roughly $20 or so last time I looked.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

You got an M9A4 for 675?  Smoking deal.  Congratulations!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#19]
You know what, i think i mathed wrong…
$775 is the amount!

850-75=775
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Langdon trigger job in a bag with NP3 and match hammer is pure bliss.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By KissMethod17:
Langdon trigger job in a bag with NP3 and match hammer is pure bliss.
View Quote
How much of a difference does the NP3 make? I wanted to keep the black finish so I went with the regular. Made a huge difference.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Does the M9A4 not come with the D spring? Single action should be about 4 pounds if not less.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Does the M9A4 not come with the D spring? Single action should be about 4 pounds if not less.
View Quote

Yes it does come with the D spring.  Biggest problem is the stuff on it is NOT lube but to preserve it and the insides are dry like bone dry springs.  Took mine apart and lightly oiled everything and the trigger got pretty nice with some use.
Interesting how some folks recommend replacing things before they even see if there is a issue.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By scottrh2:

Yes it does come with the D spring.  Biggest problem is the stuff on it is NOT lube but to preserve it and the insides are dry like bone dry springs.  Took mine apart and lightly oiled everything and the trigger got pretty nice with some use.
Interesting how some folks recommend replacing things before they even see if there is a issue.
View Quote

I've shot tens of thousands of rounds through 92 variants over the years. If I can make an upgrade that I know will make a gun easier to shoot well, I'll do it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Ordered 2 M12 holsters (surplus) from Ebay

Finally got my mags from Beretta Monday too
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Vote4Cthulhu:

I've shot tens of thousands of rounds through 92 variants over the years. If I can make an upgrade that I know will make a gun easier to shoot well, I'll do it.
View Quote

I’ve been shooting them since 1989 and never found one that wasn’t very easy to shoot as is.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JupiterMaximus:

I’ve been shooting them since 1989 and never found one that wasn’t very easy to shoot as is.
View Quote

You probably have greater aptitude than I, and that's fine. LTT's success would suggest that I'm not alone in thinking that these guns can be greatly improved.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Finally shot it.  Trigger took some discipline but it worked well, no problems of any kinds.  I forgot how big these were and how far of a reach the controls are.  

It's an updated older design, I probably would have been just as happy with the base model (like I was issued in the Army back when) think.

I'm definitely contemplating the trigger job in a bag at this point.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:... I'm definitely contemplating the trigger job in a bag at this point.
View Quote

If you don't want the total expense of the complete LTT TJIB, go with the Beretta 92X Performance Trigger Bar and a 13 or 14 lb hammer spring.  This will give you much shorter single action reset.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/c5k149

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/WC-721CS-13

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/WC-721CS-14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top