Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2021 5:21:36 PM EDT
So I just joined the M17 master race and looking to set it up for my EDC. Ordered up a Tier 1 holster and sidecar so that’s in the works.

I am looking at putting an optic (holoson 507c) and not wanting to loose the irons. I found the Bobro mount that integrates a back up sight. Anyone have this setup? How’s it working out?

Also would I be needing to upgrade my front sight to match the new height?

New to sigs and new to optics on handguns so I appreciate the help.

https://www.bobroengineering.com/SIG-320-M17-RMR-MOUNT-WINTEGRATED-REAR-SIGHT_p_51.html
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I currently have a M17 w/Bobro mount and RMR and an M18 with the same setup.  I'm about to install a third on a M17 upper I'm building.

I'm running the Ameriglo Classic Tritium 0.390" fronts

I've put a ton of rounds through the M17 and theres been no issues whatsoever.  Another option I would look at is Forward Controls Design.  Roger has great attention to detail on all of his products.  I know FCD mounting plate for the Glocks get great reviews.  FCD is coming out with one for the 320 soon.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Found a pic from the EDC thread.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I currently have a M17 w/Bobro mount and RMR and an M18 with the same setup.  I'm about to install a third on a M17 upper I'm building.

I've put a ton of rounds through the M17 and theres been no issues whatsoever.  Another option I would look at is Forward Controls Design.  Roger has great attention to detail on all of his products.  I know FCD mounting plate for the Glocks get great reviews.  FCD is coming out with one for the 320 soon.
View Quote

Fantastic thank you! Excited to put some rounds down range with that thing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]

I've got the same setup on this M17.

Bobro plate
Ameriglo .390 front
RMR
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

That set up seems strangely familiar.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Had M17’s, M18’s, and X5’s with the Bobro plates, RMR, and Dawson front sight. The Bobro plate system is excellent. I sold most of them and actually selling my last one as I’ve gone back to Glock.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bobro plate with a 330 front Dawson sight. Like it quite a bit. About to check out the tightness with my first battery change..

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:30:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Had M17’s, M18’s, and X5’s with the Bobro plates, RMR, and Dawson front sight. The Bobro plate system is excellent. I sold most of them and actually selling my last one as I’ve gone back to Glock.
View Quote

@hiih8r if you have a bobro plate without the LCI cutout shoot me a PM I’ll buy it.

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:31:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I am running the Bobro with Holosun.

Attachment Attached File

ETA:

Oh yeah you want to know about it... The screws that come with the plate need to be shortened for the Holosun. Other than that I love the set up. I had the CHPWS plate prior to and this plate is honestly well worth the purchase and switch.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@hiih8r if you have a bobro plate without the LCI cutout shoot me a PM I’ll buy it.

View Quote

I was planning on listing it with the slide assembly it’s on. I’ll let you know if I separate it though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an M17/Bobro/507cV2

Plate is excellent.

Tall .390 Dawson black front is about 1.2 miles tall though. It won't fit in 2 different "suppressor sight ready" holsters I have.

I use some sort of safariland with retention release  at the underside of the trigger guard when/if I carry it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That set up seems strangely familiar.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was planning on listing it with the slide assembly it’s on. I’ll let you know if I separate it though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tall .390 Dawson black front is about 1.2 miles tall though. It won't fit in 2 different "suppressor sight ready" holsters I have.
View Quote
I have  Dawson .400 with a DPP/attached rear and I have the same problem. I'm really thinking of putting on a tall X-Ray 3 front and dealing with the low POA / high POI on irons.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quick update! Sights and mount installed. Just need to order a front sight and I’ll be money.

Thanks again guys Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quick update! Sights and mount installed. Just need to order a front sight and I’ll be money.

Thanks again guys https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/179056/309084F3-7C1B-4792-9CC8-0E7E3C21F930_jpe-1989276.JPG
View Quote

Nice. For me I’ve found the .390” height front sight has worked best with the Bobro plate. I opted for the Ameriglo tritium front .390” sight but Dawson makes some nice black serrated options as well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nice. For me I’ve found the .390” height front sight has worked best with the Bobro plate. I opted for the Ameriglo tritium front .390” sight but Dawson makes some nice black serrated options as well.
View Quote

Thanks man, gonna look for one and put my order in.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I like that set up as well. Bobro might be the solution for me as well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like that set up as well. Bobro might be the solution for me as well.
View Quote

I called and spoke to him and once I got my order in it was shipped quick. Part arrived in no time and installed easy. I did end up using Holosons screws vs cutting his down which seamed like a PITA. Other then that it went together super easy
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I have the m18 with the Bobro. I put the swampfox red dot on it. I replaces the front sight with dawson precision taller sight
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there a "package " of the plate and sights? I`m thinking of putting a RMR on my M17.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 4:57:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is there a "package " of the plate and sights? I`m thinking of putting a RMR on my M17.
View Quote

Why do you need a package. Just buy the parts you need. It’s three things. RMR, Bobro plate, .375”-.400” height front sight. Done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top