Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2020 10:55:46 PM EDT
So I have joined the Sig team finally. Now what?

This is my first Sig product, a 320 built from a stripped FCU. Only frustrating part was getting the dang trigger on.

Couple of questions:
1. The trigger seems very light, I haven't shot it yet but dry firing it seems very short with a little mushiness. Are there different spring weights to make it a bit more crisp?

2. Does anyone have a lubrication guide?

3. The mag well is not latched on super tight. My Polymer 80 mag well and Glock mag well go over the front lip and that seems to lock it down.

4. I need some suppressor height sights, are the Sig XRays a good choice? Or would I be better off going with Dawson's black sights? Current red dot pistol sights are all black.

This is my first non Glock or Glock style pistol in a long time so I'm very excited to get out and try something new. Any tips or hints would be appreciated.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:16:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Update:

After dry firing, releasing the trigger and then racking the slide I decided to hold the trigger back so I could feel the reset. Bad news, no reset when holding the trigger back. As this is my first 320 does anyone have a thread or video that can help diagnose trigger issues?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Thank you for that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Update:

After dry firing, releasing the trigger and then racking the slide I decided to hold the trigger back so I could feel the reset. Bad news, no reset when holding the trigger back. As this is my first 320 does anyone have a thread or video that can help diagnose trigger issues?
View Quote
Can you post some pictures of your FCU?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
My guess is it didn't reset because the slide wasn't fully in battery. That is common in the X-Carry series guns. The barrel to slide fit is tight. Releasing the slide slowly will not fully put the slide in battery.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update:

I will post some up tomorrow. We have family coming over for Christmas tonight.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My guess is it didn't reset because the slide wasn't fully in battery. That is common in the X-Carry series guns. The barrel to slide fit is tight. Releasing the slide slowly will not fully put the slide in battery.
View Quote
I tried sling shotting the slide while holding the trigger back and it was still no good, no reset. I am assuming my trigger spring was somehow deformed when I was trying to install the trigger and the bar.

When I disassemble it to take pics of the FCU I'll check it out.

ETA: this pistol feels amazing in the hand, I really want to get this worked out so I can run some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully you didnt get any first gen(pre-recall) parts mixed in there.

That's the first thing that came to my mind
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet pistol OP!
Beyond that, I've got nothing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#10]
the P320 barrel/slide needs oil.  

Sweet ride OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top