BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Been fun reading through your progress!

I have a stock SP-01 and jumped straight into 2 Shadow2's and couldn't be happier.  

Hoping I can find a match around here before the end of the year to try out for the first time (eastern Iowa SUCKS for shooting sports).

Oh, and +1 on CGW being top shelf. I wandered in there last year when I was working in Mississippi for a couple weeks. Treated you like you were family!
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been fun reading through your progress!

I have a stock SP-01 and jumped straight into 2 Shadow2's and couldn't be happier.  

Hoping I can find a match around here before the end of the year to try out for the first time (eastern Iowa SUCKS for shooting sports).

Oh, and +1 on CGW being top shelf. I wandered in there last year when I was working in Mississippi for a couple weeks. Treated you like you were family!
View Quote

Thanks

Not really sure why I keep updating this thread... but if it entertains you, its worth it

Think I am going to do this next one in a U.S. Navy theme.
Brass and Blue.

or the silver one I need to send off.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#3]
@TruckinAR

I see you have your Shadow 2 up for sale.

What do you like better about the SP01 Shadow vs. the Shadow 2?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@TruckinAR

I see you have your Shadow 2 up for sale.

What do you like better about the SP01 Shadow vs. the Shadow 2?
View Quote

The cutout at the back/Top of the grip.

The SP-01/Shadow 1 is not as high up /deep. On the Shadow 2 line I have to hunt for the dot a bit longer where as the SP-01 just plops its butt right where I like it.

Outside of that, both are outstanding pistols. Well, once they get tuned.  I will also say, once I get done playing "where is the dot", they both feel almost identical.   I shoot bottom of the A zone with the S2 vs center on the Shadow 1/ Sp-01.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like the FFL is playing fuck fuck games with logging in the Shadow 1 from CZC.
As much money as I have spent with them in the last few years, figure I would get a bit different treatment than the fucktards that have been coming in.

Thats all I'm going to say about that.

As for the other cool stuff....

Attachment Attached File

wireless time display.

That way, when I walk back after running a stage, I can feel even fucking worse about my shooting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
its done......

Since I need to send the silver one off to get milled, I gutted it. Upper, lower, all of it.

New one got gutted, and Silver stuff put in it.  So it is fully Cajunized.
Dot mounted, using the CZ Customs plate.....that was interesting. Seems they leave the extractor pin in the sight plate, and give you a shorter one.
They coulda just stuck the damned shorter one in from the start
Other than that, it was a normal build .

I may just stick the black grips on this and let it be murdered out.
Black trigger, hammer and controls dont look to bad or now.

Attachment Attached File

I did remove the front sight. red dot with a red F.O is stupid.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure what happened to the SRO, but the DOT now hides halfway through the window, It will not show on the bottom half, so I thing the diode broke loose.

So, I put a Holosun 407C on it. This is a 2.5  MOA and is a bit small, so it will take some getting used to.
Waiting to hear back from Trijicon on next steps.

I am also waiting on some CZ Customs parts I forgot to order when I ordered this Shadow 1 (Black). Specifically, the extra wide safety.

I also needed the Shadow 2 mag release, and that is coming from Ben Stoeger, they were the only one who had it in stock. I needed 2 of them, so they should be here by the end of the week.

Also need to Canjunize it again (Silver), as  the guts are in the Black one. SO, I need to get that in as I want to cerekote the trigger. I also forgot I pieced the silver one together from my parts box. It needs a sear as I really dont feel like filing it down to get the safety to work.
I have another NitroFin, but it is stainless and needs to be fitted. I will get that done this week.

I think I am going to kote the silver one in a US Navy theme. Navy blue with brass controls and If I can find a stencil of the anchor and chain, I will put that on it.  I did not serve, but my parents did. I bet my dad gets a kick out of it.

That gives me about 4-6 weeks to figure out what we are going to do with the black one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/23/2020 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Still running the black and red as a backup. Not a whole lot of time with it, but it will work as intended.

Now, I have been struggling with some stuff....i.e. trying to go fast, and accurate. Easier said than done.

I wanted to see where the dot was in relation to my eye and my trigger finger. So I picked up an AimCam

I am digging it. Even though I forgot to press the record button more than I should have, and will have to fine tune the pointing of it.

Me and the Iron Man had fun today  

I was 11th over all on this stage 79 total shooters
4th in Carry Optics. (22 of us)
17 A zone hits and 9 C zone.

I got beat by a Grandmaster, and two A class.

I also beat 3 Master Class and I dont care how many other classes. LOL

stage 6 Colin County USPSA 5 23 2020

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Finally got to spend some time with the new Shadow 1 with the Holosun 407c V2, which i am starting to like this dot more than the SRO.

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#12]
How do you modify your holsters for the thumb rests?
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How do you modify your holsters for the thumb rests?
View Quote

a dremel. file and some 1500 grit sandpaper
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Any pics you can share? It looks like mounting screws would be in the way on most holsters.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#15]
This is a Ben Stoeger Shadow 2 holster and the Shadow 1 fits very well in it.

It is also a Boss Hangar

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@Superluckycat
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks.  Looks like the spacers give the needed gap.  

I've been running a race holster with my 2011 because of the thumb rest but I prefer a regular holster.  I don't think there's any noticeable difference in speed between the two.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#17]
if you are shooting USPSA, watch your distance from the inner belt.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#18]
well, I think I got the cam dialed in and in conjumction with the Grizzly Ears I have, its pretty good footage.

Just forgot to wipe the lens off....finger smudges suxxors.

nevermind my redneck accent.

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#20]
The old Accelerator drill.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#21]
the cam is really helping me. Think of it as a tool to help one go faster and better.

Still think I can beat John Wick tho.

Link Posted: 9/5/2020 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#22]
yeah....odd turn of events.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I really do love a CZ

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#24]
You're not married are you.

Nice Texas Star run.  Wish I had one I could practice on though we rarely see them in matches around here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#25]
nope, I am too much of an asshole to be married....LOL.

Why do you ask?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
nope, I am too much of an asshole to be married....LOL.

Why do you ask?
View Quote
Lots of time for practice and matches and race guns out the wazoo.  I'm jealous.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Lack of a wife allows a wee bit more cash.....
the lack of kids lets ME have all the toys and I dont have to share them.

too old to do the crazy stuff I did in my youth, so I do the next best dangerous thing, shoot death machines.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#28]
A little one handed stage too.

Outlaw Match.....1 handed (strong hand) 3 rounds per target.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#29]
decided at the last min to do a club match.

It worked out pretty well, other than I only had one person to bring any heat in.

High overall, 4 of 5 stage wins Overall.

They had me listed as double stack even though I was carry optics.

Stage 2 was the 1st stage I ran, and was really the first time with the Holosun 407C on this pistol.
The 407 has about a 20% smaller window than the SRO, so that threw me off a bit. but I got used to it from stage 2 onward.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Dallas Pistol Club match Stage 4

Threw 2 Charlies on this stage, which added two seconds to my overall......good thing I ran it in less than 6 seconds.... LOL

Dallas Pistol Club Match Stage 5

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice shootin!

What is that "sticker gun" really called and where the hell can I get one.  I hate pasting targets and thought I'd ask before I went a googling.
Just put an SRO on my TSO and sighted it in.  Still doing 100's of holster draws trying to get the dot right on target.  IIRC you were one of those that instructed me to keep eyes on target and not search for dot then go to target.  My grip on draw still needs work as I still feel  like I have to point my wrists down to have the dot always appear.  Practice, practice, practice.....

It doesn't help that I'm in a nanny state where most (virtually all) ranges will not allow holster draws then shoot - except for matches which are returning slowly from this covid crap.  I know the red dot is dead on at 7 yards.  Off a rest it's ridiculously accurate, precise and repeatable so I dont need to slow fire shoot it like a bullseye match.  I need s   peed work/acquisition under live fire which sucks because my matches are practice....
Again, nice clean runs and good shooting...
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I just picked up this little cheapo one.  It's actually pretty slick.  Handier than a box or a roll since it has a belt clip.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Keeping this thread alive since I am taking the carry optics plunge.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top