Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2022 3:06:21 PM EDT
My take home from an estate sale, Uberti 1875 in 44-40. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Lucky!
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I had to go. I only had reloads, and not MY reloads...but since 44-40 is not an easy cartridge to reload, and my buddy knew him well, I got my assumer in full swing and assumed this guy knew what he was doing. Why? It's all the dadgum ammo there is. Literally NO 44-40 ammo to be had anywhere for love nor money.

Let's start with, "I suck." So you can bypass any and all "YOU SUCK!" comments - I know.

Attachment Attached File

So, I started at 11 paces, roughly 10 yards. Yes, this picture is blurry, NOT my usual standard, but I had shot another revolver earlier and I was getting warm - 103 degrees with 30% humidity. Nothing to people in Georgia and such, but for this desert rat it sucks - I hate humidity. Gimme 120 at 7% all day long... but I digress. This was two hand hold.

Attachment Attached File

I shot another group at this distance, which is sharper and a worse group.

Attachment Attached File

OK, the 1875 is NOT a target revolver and I am using questionable reloads, so let's go for broke and go to 22 paces.

Attachment Attached File

One round, duelist style from low ready - I have no holster yet. Quick up and snapshot.

Attachment Attached File

Not what I was expecting, but I think it would have ended the fight.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
After a few more rounds goofing off, I tried a two-hand deliberate group at this distance.

Attachment Attached File

Hmm, getting the feeling this hogleg is not meant for two handed shooting.  Let's try more snap shots.

Attachment Attached File

I WISH I'd been aiming there...The one target I did not take a picture of was when I shot two rounds weak hand only at the same distance and hit throat and heart on the B-27.
BTW, the round was NOT keyholing - the target top was unsupported and blowing in the wind, so the bullet went through with the paper at an angle.

The revolver worked smooth as silk, recoil very manageable, easy to shoot, and just plain fun. I saved 6 rounds so I have one cylinder load left until my reloading gear gets here. I am very happy, and when I start doing my own loads, I hope to tailor to this Big Iron.

My hat at the end of an hour and a half in the sun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Well done...!!!

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Single actions are just about as much fun as you can have with your pants on.

I know I ought to be stocking up on black rifles and mags and such while I still can, but I flat-out enjoy shooting revolvers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#9]
*Like*

I’ve heard those are mechanically basically identical to the SAA clones, is this true? I actually rather like the aesthetic of the additional underbarrel brace as opposed to the SAA
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:24:30 AM EDT
[#10]
And somehow, in the distance, I kept hearing "Big Iron"...
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And somehow, in the distance, I kept hearing "Big Iron"...
View Quote

No one dared to ask his business
No one dared to make a slip…

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:36:47 AM EDT
[#13]
And, a question - Uberti calls this the "Outlaw" now, and apparently has only offered it with a steel trigger guard for many years, no lanyard ring. I wonder when this one was made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top