User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:

Yes!  Anything buy 115 gr Plinker ammo seems to run great with the comp.  I'm thinking that 115 gr has a lot more gas that is harvested by the comp, which results in too much recoil reduction/pulling on the barrel.

I've just been shooting a ton of 124 gr plinker, 147 practice LE ammo, and verifying with occasional HSTs
View Quote
I've had the exact opposite experience. The 147s that I've tried I've had issues with and it's ran just fine with 115s.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Conflicting reports already, I only ask because I don't shoot 115gr ammo. All my ammo is either 124gr or 147gr, I buy mostly 147gr to shoot suppressed and thats what's usually in my bag when I go to the range.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By magicman93:

I've had the exact opposite experience. The 147s that I've tried I've had issues with and it's ran just fine with 115s.
View Quote
Havent tried any 147 yet as I don't buy much of it, but ive run a ton of 115 and 124 through my 19 without any issues at all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm noticing a lot of people in this thread going with different comp options other than KKM, is this due to better performance than the KKM?  Or is it because of barrel compatibility?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Sweet!
I know most guys are building 19s, but I'm curious how much length is added to the 17s by each comp in comparison. Especially to the 34 since I'll need a holster.
View Quote
I want to say it makes my 19 almost as long as a 34, but definitely longer than a 17.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
Conflicting reports already, I only ask because I don't shoot 115gr ammo. All my ammo is either 124gr or 147gr, I buy mostly 147gr to shoot suppressed and thats what's usually in my bag when I go to the range.
View Quote
The first mistake is calling loads simply by their weight because there is far too much variation. Every gun is different even in stock form.

Buy the setup you want and tune it to the load you want to carry. Springs are cheap.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#13]

The common understanding is the G19/KKM combo make it almost exactly the length of the 34.

But the G17 is longer tab the 19, and i think the TBRCI is somewhat shorter. So I'm curious to see how all the variations stack up.

I'm also curious to know if the 17 well fit 34 holsters (specifically Safarilands) with a comp.
View Quote
I have a primary arms comp, and I cut the front off ALL of my holsters, and now they fit glock 19-34 with or without a comp.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:44:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryGecko] [#14]

The common understanding is the G19/KKM combo make it almost exactly the length of the 34.

But the G17 is longer tab the 19, and i think the TBRCI is somewhat shorter. So I'm curious to see how all the variations stack up.

I'm also curious to know if the 17 well fit 34 holsters (specifically Safarilands) with a comp.
View Quote
I run both my Glock 17 w/ Comp and Glock 19 w/ Comp in a Trex Arms Ragnarok.  It fits them both fine but the comp sticks out a bit with the G17. I don't have a Safariland on hand to test.

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Trialing this Kinetic Concepts Tactical AIWB holster
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#16]
One more comp/barrel/data point:

I just finished a Fauxland with the KKM barrel and comp on a 19.

Who no fire control changes except a Overwatch DAT, the gun cycled Fiocchi 115 grain ball without issue, but I didn't try to limp wrist it.

As an aside, I had Doug @ ATEi do the slide milling, and it appears he zero'd the gun as well. It hit right to the sights off the bat, and that was a nice surprise.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Yarp yarp very true.  I should have qualified my statements in that hot 115 Gr from PMC, CCI Blazer Brass, and Fiocchi were the brands that would cause issues with my KKM barrel/comp combo and Micro comp equipped pistols.

For folks who are waiting for the KKM and Comp combo, just got word from KKM that more Roland Special barrels are shipping to me so I've enabled em for sale.  OP Tactical and obviously, KKM are the other locations that are getting em in this batch. Hopefully, this means that a batch of KKM barrels in Black Nitride will be headed my way in a month!
View Quote
I've been creeping your page hard. Saw they were listed for sale again today and ordered a combo!
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Ended up making an IWB for my fauxland, minus the x300u. Came out pretty nice, just have to improve the blocking I think for the comp when I make an owb for the full fauxland with the x300u.

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TerryGecko:

I run both my Glock 17 w/ Comp and Glock 19 w/ Comp in a Trex Arms Ragnarok.  It fits them both fine but the comp sticks out a bit with the G17. I don't have a Safariland on hand to test.

http://i63.tinypic.com/30iui3k.jpg
View Quote
Glad to see im not the only one rocking the Trex gear. Regardless of what the dude's reputation is, the company makes good gear and it works really well for me. I carry a sidecar or raptor every day, lately its been the raptor for my Foland that I carry most days. I have a sidecar for it too but its just not as comfortable with the added length so I don't wear it very much.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have any recent info on turn around times for ATEI? I mailed mine in February 14th and I'm getting antsy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
Anyone have any recent info on turn around times for ATEI? I mailed mine in February 14th and I'm getting antsy.
View Quote
I only got the RMR cut from them, not the nitride treatment or anything else, but mine was pretty much 4 weeks spot on from them receiving my slide to me receiving it back. They received it March 2nd, I got it back from UPS March 31st.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Sent a G19 in around January 15th for RMR cut and install, front and top serations, finger bump removal and full stipple.  Finally got it back about two weeks ago.  Was originally told "6 to 8 weeks" wound up being closer to 9 to 10.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Sent mine slide in march 3 for RMR cut, front serrations and BN. Still waiting.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FullMetalAR:

Glad to see im not the only one rocking the Trex gear. Regardless of what the dude's reputation is, the company makes good gear and it works really well for me. I carry a sidecar or raptor every day, lately its been the raptor for my Foland that I carry most days. I have a sidecar for it too but its just not as comfortable with the added length so I don't wear it very much.
View Quote
Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bmo419:
Ended up making an IWB for my fauxland, minus the x300u. Came out pretty nice, just have to improve the blocking I think for the comp when I make an owb for the full fauxland with the x300u.

http://i.imgur.com/22l1Kv2l.jpg
View Quote
Nice job.
I've been wanting to "or try" make a holster.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:02:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#28]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

Did I miss something?
View Quote
Well, he's not exactly humble.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:47:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryGecko] [#30]

View Quote
I absolutely love Trex products.  Based on his videos, I think Lucas is a great shooter too.  I would take advice from him even if he isn't .mil. I'll take advice from anyone, try it, and throw away what doesn't work.  I wish the Sidecars didn't take so long to ship though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#31]

I wish the Sidecars didn't take so long to ship though.
View Quote
Wish any of them didn't take so long to ship, wanted to order a quick ship to try. Ended up ordering two raptors and wish I would of ordered a ragnarok as well now that I'm two weeks into the wait.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

http://i63.tinypic.com/30iui3k.jpg
I wish it worked for me. It's just a little to big. It was well made and set up well in terms of putting the gun/mag in the right place. I ended up selling it and going with JM custom aiwb holster or Gotham and an angled iwb mag pouch at 11oclock. By having a couple inches in-between the 2 it flexes with me a little better.

The sidecar is great but if it doesn't work for you there are other options.

In terms of his attitude? Everyone needs more training. How is that controversial?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BigPapaColt:

Nice job.
I've been wanting to "or try" make a holster.
View Quote
Thanks, it can be a lot of fun and potentially another expensive hobby. I got tired of paying $100ish and waiting forever for a holster every time I got a new handgun. The materials are actually really cheap, but turns out you're paying the other 90% or so for labor, which I can attest to. I respect all the actual professional kydex makers out there, it can be a ton of work

I'll post some pics of my OWB fauxland whenever I get around to finishing it up lol
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:32:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: twitch1706] [#34]
Sold a couple guns; 19 MOS acquired today.
Shield RMS and MOS plate enroute from the UK.
SiCo barrels and TBRC comps inbound at work.
Freya coming tomorrow.

Seems like I'll have a Fauxland of my own in little bit.  Dug up my Insight WX150 to round out the off-spec parts; turns out it fits TLR-1 holsters with minor tweaking.

I'm pretty fucking stoked, guys

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I've tried the TBRC micro v2 comp in my g19. It really didn't do much so I sold it. The tiny 3 ports on the top sides are too small.
I think the v3 version will be much better. The kkm comp is the best imho. 2 large ports to redirect the gasses.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
In terms of his attitude? Everyone needs more training. How is that controversial?
View Quote
He's a really young dude, and a lot of people think he's arrogant/know it all/MIL wannabe, etc. He came from an airsoft background and that really pisses some people off for some reason, and they think he should "stay in his lane" in regards to giving instruction or any other advice. He does shoot a ton, and seems to be very proficient in those areas. He appears to be very "robotic" in his movements which pisses some people off, and even I'll admit can be distracting watching his videos at times. I'm sure he only posts his best runs online etc like everybody else, so that doesn't bother me.

Honestly I personally couldn't care less what people think of the guy, I like his gear and it has worked really well for me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Say10:
Wish any of them didn't take so long to ship, wanted to order a quick ship to try. Ended up ordering two raptors and wish I would of ordered a ragnarok as well now that I'm two weeks into the wait.
View Quote
As far as I know the Ragnarok is an in-stock item and should ship with no wait time, mine came in just a few days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#38]

As far as I know the Ragnarok is an in-stock item and should ship with no wait time, mine came in just a few days.
View Quote
Both versions show back ordered right now(except M&p).

Will probably order one when they're back in stock, nice that they're designed to accommodate the rs already!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Say10:

Will probably order one when they're back in stock, nice that they're designed to accommodate the rs already!
View Quote
That was the main reason in getting mine as well. I rarely use an OWB holster, except when running a rifle and I needed something for that purpose anyway. I ran across the ragnarok and liked the mounting system, and it fits all my guns with the x300 great, including my Foland build.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#41]
My ATEI slide shipped today. I should have it Friday afternoon. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Yarp yarp very true.  I should have qualified my statements in that hot 115 Gr from PMC, CCI Blazer Brass, and Fiocchi were the brands that would cause issues with my KKM barrel/comp combo and Micro comp equipped pistols.

For folks who are waiting for the KKM and Comp combo, just got word from KKM that more Roland Special barrels are shipping to me so I've enabled em for sale.  OP Tactical and obviously, KKM are the other locations that are getting em in this batch. Hopefully, this means that a batch of KKM barrels in Black Nitride will be headed my way in a month!
View Quote
Ordered one from you as soon as a got the "in stock" notification (friday, I think?) for the stainless, no nitride. Have been very impressed with a KKM barrel I have used in a G34 for USPSA for a few  years. Exceptionally tight drop in fit, no leading, and bore cleans up fast.

On the compensator, I think you hit it- bullet weight has nothing to do with it other than as it affects the amount of powder in the case. Heavier bullets usually take more case volume, resulting in less powder to keep acceptable pressures. Less powder makes less gas or whatever. Different manufacturers use different powders though. While not always true, a factory load that sounds 'louder' and has more flash often means a slower powder and more gas at the muzzle to drive the comp. Food for thought.

If you are reloading, you can control it. Alliant power pistol and winchester autocomp and anything else around that point in burn rate with 115 or 125gr bullets should be in the sweet spot for this gun. Slow powders that give a lot of velocity and a lot of gas to drive the comp but not so slow that you need to compress or load too long for a glock magazine. 147gr are wasted, IMO, in this platform unless subsonic is your goal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:39:13 AM EDT
[#43]
I want to build a faux-land, where the hell are all the Blacklist barrels? No-one has them in stock.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes!  Anything buy 115 gr Plinker ammo seems to run great with the comp.  I'm thinking that 115 gr has a lot more gas that is harvested by the comp, which results in too much recoil reduction/pulling on the barrel.

I've just been shooting a ton of 124 gr plinker, 147 practice LE ammo, and verifying with occasional HSTs
Well my RS had its first malf.  It kept choking on Armscor 115 ball.  It's nothing I'm concerned about because I never shoot that junk, but I was curious to see how far I could push it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#46]

My Stealth Special in action at Tactical Performance Center's Multigun Mastery Class

Article up on my blog about my holster:
https://sinistralrifleman.com/2017/04/20/chuckwulla-holster-by-we-plead-the-2nd/
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Finally finished up this holster for my fauxland, using the G-Code RTI mount. Turned out pretty good. Gotta adjust the cut of the black layer a little near the screws, but I'm lazy now

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:46:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dog1] [#48]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#49]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top