Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why'd they close?
View Quote
There's already a long thread about it.

Link
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Removing info. until I can get an accurate statement of what work is done. Didn't mean to pass along any bad info..
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen some work by Battlecock Tactical on Facebook that is really impressive.  No other experience.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have used an ffl dealer by me for transfers, Delta 3 Weapons Development Group and he does some great work. I never had any stippling work done by them but I might as they do some pretty good laser stippling and slide work. This example is not mine but the owner showed me this as an example of what he can do and has done. I am not sure what they charge but I really think it is pretty wild.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/79429/g19cus1_JPG-1281219.JPG
View Quote
Cheesy name, work looks excellent.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cheesy name, work looks excellent.
View Quote
I  am not sure he has some military background and but definitely has LEO service. Really a nice guy.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
StippGrips is really good
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have used an ffl dealer by me for transfers, Delta 3 Weapons Development Group and he does some great work. I never had any stippling work done by them but I might as they do some pretty good laser stippling and slide work. This example is not mine but the owner showed me this as an example of what he can do and has done. I am not sure what they charge but I really think it is pretty wild.
View Quote
That looks like Sonoran defense's work.

https://sonorandefense.com/product/glock-laser-stippling-hybrid-atrox/
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Cold Bore Customs. I have not had a frame done up by him, but a friend has....and it is pretty sweet. My Gen 3 Glocks are all RTF2, and, well....I'm happy with the Gen 4 the way they are.

Dude is a member on here.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Isn't that work actually done by Sonoran Defense Technologies?  The snakehead on the grip is their logo and the stipple pattern looks like their Hybrid Atrox Alpha pattern.

Just trying to give credit to the proper folks as I have been looking to have them do a couple of frames for me.

ETA:  Default-Gateway nailed it above - didn't see that post.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I've personally used NAF Solutions & Rocket City Stippling with great results.
Also Yoder Customs does great work.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
My apologies, he said he did the rmr cut and slide work.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My apologies, he said he did the rmr cut and slide work.
View Quote
That's a Weapons Armament Research Afterburner integral compensator slide and barrel, unless you ffl buddy is WAR.

WAR Afterburner
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've personally used NAF Solutions & Rocket City Stippling with great results.
Also Yoder Customs does great work.
View Quote
NAF will be getting my next frame. This is an email from Clark.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's a Weapons Armament Research Afterburner integral compensator slide and barrel, unless you ffl buddy is WAR.

WAR Afterburner
View Quote
Maybe he assembled it??

Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#18]
I was told he did the rmr work on it. Now I am confused as to what he showed me. I was just trying to pass along some info. but I must be missing something I was not told. My apologies if I passed on any bad info., it was not my intent.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Cold Bore Customs. His work is outstanding, all be it not quite as flashy as some of the others. He’s full time LEO and all about function. Kind of a shit pic, but here you go. Full wrap around, finger groove removal, and double undercut.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was told he did the rmr work on it. Now I am confused as to what he showed me. I was just trying to pass along some info. but I must be missing something I was not told. My apologies if I passed on any bad info., it was not my intent.
View Quote
Through the logo we were able to determine who did the frame work.

Im glad you posted it, because its the best laser stipple work I've seen, and their pricing isn't absurd like some places.

Its entirely possible that he did the mill work/refinishing on it!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Im glad you posted it, because its the best laser stipple work I've seen, and their pricing isn't absurd like some places.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No apologies needed. I probably came across harsher than I meant to, I just knew I had seen that design before. Found it again with a quick search.

However, I have never seen frame work quite like that, and like Marksman14, I'm glad you posted it. I've been thinking someone should combine laser and hand stippling for a long time. They both have pluses and minuses and that looks like the best of both.

So, thank you!
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#22]
No hard feelings at all. I am just trying to figure out what it is that he did and hate passing along bad info., as it makes me look bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top