Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2024 7:40:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OccasionallyShot]
Apparently it’s designed like this according to their customer service. Supposedly gives the clamp better purchase. You can’t tell me the design with this gigantic ugly gap had any effort put into it when literally no other manufacturer, Aimpoint/B&T included, makes anything like it. I just about laughed out loud when I read their response email. Lazy, rushed engineering.

Not only that but they want me to pay $11 in shipping for a 4oz package to return it, and I can’t supply my own label? For store credit only with restocking fee subtracted, but can’t be bothered to subtract the shipping cost from that?

I’ll let the pics speak for themselves. The irons and the cut are already quite high on the M&P, this is just disgraceful. Would absolutely not recommend. I’m gonna swap it for the RMR version and see if that’s any better.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that sucks. I've got 3 of their adapters for the 407/507's and they fit good. I checked and shipping was only $5.50. This makes me not want to buy from them again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:35:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OccasionallyShot] [#2]
Good to hear that the Holosun/RMR pattern plates are working for you. I’m hoping I get a decent one.

I suppose it checks out that they put a bit more thought into those, the volume must be much greater than that of Acro plates. Just handling this plate it feels like the design was an afterthought and it was rushed to market.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:30:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PRYDE] [#3]
Tangodown, FCD and Apex tactical all make fantastic ACRO plates for the M&P.
Why would anyone get a C&H plate nowadays given their track record........?
Their RMR plates are affixed with a low quality T-nut that is known to strip or shear over time.

I would just take it as a loss and buy a product you will truly be happy with.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:45:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TROB] [#4]
Oh CH”P”…you rascals…..I went through 3 ch”p” plates for my m&p 2.0 and holosun 509t before getting one that was just ‘good enough’.

Im not surprised

My post:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/CHPWS-MandP2-0-509t-X2/4-207053/
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PRYDE:
Tangodown, FCD and Apex tactical all make fantastic ACRO plates for the M&P.
Why would anyone get a C&H plate nowadays given their track record........?
Their RMR plates are affixed with a low quality T-nut that is known to strip or shear over time.

I would just take it as a loss and buy a product you will truly be happy with.

View Quote

What the story on this?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DrJekell:

What the story on this?
View Quote

Just do a google or youtube search of C&H precision problems, there is a literal mountain of complaints from people who have gotten screwed up products.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The first one I ever ordered from them for an M&P 2.0 9mm was perfect so I decided I'd get them for my other 2 M&P's and they were absolutely terrible because they teetered from one end to the other and didn't sit flush in the cut-out. I actually could see daylight underneath them.

I thought maybe the pin for the extractor was sticking up a little bit, and CHPWS even mentioned that it could be what was causing them not to sit flush, but it was just a poorly manufactured plate.

They also got lazy and stopped machining all the way through for the two round center lugs on the Smith and Wesson M&P factory cut out now, and just mill a channel out for them which is probably why they no longer sit flush in the slide.

It sucks because I really wanted to try a Wather PPQ 45 acp that are discontinued now but I want rds on all my pistols now, and they are the only one I could find that would mill the Wather 45 acp PPQ.  From what I have been reading the past year or so about their plates and their shotty optic milling, it has me second guessing getting one of those.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
That sucks. Their google reviews are really good and I thought the defective plates was limited but it sounds like the problem covers a much wider swath of their products. Terrible. Guess I’ll just write it off as a $60 loss.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]
They’re the same guys selling $100 Chinese pistol dots for $300+. It sucks but I’m not surprised one bit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:42:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PRYDE] [#10]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
They’re the same guys selling $100 Chinese pistol dots for $300+. It sucks but I’m not surprised one bit.
View Quote

Shady business all around, always has been.
The fact that you have to PAY them shipping to return a defective product is insult to injury.
They seem to have no problem hiring dozens of Instagram influences into their payroll to shill their crappy products though.

They actually do have decent customer service though, if you can call them and get through to a live person and make a complaint, they will probably be willing to refund you without charge.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I couldn't seem to find anyone that sold M&P plates for the Sig Romeo 1 pro, except C&H.
The first one from Midway came with the wrong screws, but both seem to be made right.
I would have preferred someone like Forward Control.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top