Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2024 6:54:48 AM EDT
I need some night sights for a G23 and 27. Also a set of iron sights for a G17. What do you guys recommend and from who? Been awhile since I was in the market and in my searches I just keep getting mixed reviews on quality and performance. Just want a decent price that works good. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Ameriglo on almost all my Glock and M&P pistols.  I do have a set of XS Big Dots on one Glock.  Can't go wrong with either in my opinion. Shop around for best prices.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Palmetto State Armory has the best deal going right now on Truglo Tritium Night Sights - $50
https://palmettostatearmory.com/truglo-tritium-front-and-rear-night-sight-set.html

These are the brightest night sights I've ever seen. I have them on a Dagger Compact and yes they will fit on standard 9/40 Glocks.
The rest of my Glocks have Ameriglo night sights.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:25:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#3]
I like Ameriglo’s Agent sights. I feel like the U notch in the rear sight helps me center the big orange front dot a little quicker than a standard square rear notch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Ameriglo, Trijicon-hd-xr, and factory Glock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#6]
10-8 rear and front of your flavor.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like AmeriGlo. Serrated U-notch black rear with yellow/green outline tritium front.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pokey074:
I really like AmeriGlo. Serrated U-notch black rear with yellow/green outline tritium front.
View Quote

Yes that is the Protector series.

I also like the TruGlo Tritium X sights for Glocks
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have Trijicon and Night Fision sights. The Night Fisions are the brightest and have the roundest dot, if that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cubie:
I have Trijicon and Night Fision sights. The Night Fisions are the brightest and have the roundest dot, if that makes any sense.
View Quote

Good to know, I saw that they claim to have “30% more Tritium gas than the competition”.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:

Good to know, I saw that they claim to have “30% more Tritium gas than the competition”.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks again everyone.

Never heard of Fision Sights. Just seen where their warranty is 17 years in addition to 30% more Tritium.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
10-8 rear and front of your flavor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#13]
AmeriGlo. Blacked out rear, green around tritium front. I had the orange but after trying the green I like that better. I've tried all the other night sights available and AmeriGlo seemed the better sight for me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MilitaryJoe:

Thanks again everyone.

Never heard of Fision Sights. Just seen where their warranty is 17 years in addition to 30% more Tritium.
View All Quotes

Good to know, I saw that they claim to have "30% more Tritium gas than the competition".

Thanks again everyone.

Night Fision is GTG
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
I like Ameriglo’s Agent sights. I feel like the U notch in the rear sight helps me center the big orange front dot a little quicker than a standard square rear notch.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I secured a few sets of night sights so thanks for all the pointers and links.

Last question, when I take the factory sights off the G23 Gen 5 can I use (will they fit) them on a G17 gen3?

I bought a NcSTAR VTUPRS Universal Pistol Rear Sight Tool and a front sight tool awhile back so I will update on how it performs later. I probably should have sprung for a higher end tool but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:52:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drobs] [#17]

Last question, when I take the factory sights off the G23 Gen 5 can I use (will they fit) them on a G17 gen3?

I bought a NcSTAR VTUPRS Universal Pistol Rear Sight Tool and a front sight tool awhile back so I will update on how it performs later. I probably should have sprung for a higher end tool but it is what it is.
View Quote

They should fit. I use the same tool and have done a bunch of Glock sights with it.
Then I had buy the NcStar tool that does dovetailed front & rear sights and wished I bought it from the start.

Edit be careful not to scratch the top of the slide
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By drobs:

They should fit. I use the same tool and have done a bunch of Glock sights with it.
Then I had buy the NcStar tool that does dovetailed front & rear sights and wished I bought it from the start.

View All Quotes

Thanks and I will. A few layers of Painters tape should do the trick.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Thanks and I will. A few layers of Painters tape should do the trick.
View Quote

You've probably already changed them out by now. What brand did you go with?

You can position the sight pusher so it's higher up on the rear sight instead lower down - close to the top of the slide. Do that by raising and lowering the wheel that the slide rests on.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
View Quote

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

It's not noticeable, gimmick.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:

Fixed it for ya
View Quote

I still like the factory nights, definitely a usable option and about half the price of most Trijicon.  

That being said though, none of mine wear them these days.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:11:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#23]
Ameriglo, I prefer the Protector sets, but I also have some trooper sets as well.  I typically black out the rear tritium on them anyway.  All black serrated rears with a high vis yellow/green front works best for my ageing eyes.

I also go with square notched rears.  It's easier for my eyes to regulate the height better.  I get quite a bit of drift with U notches.  Hard to center a square front sight in a semi circular u notch. YMMV

Protectors

Troopers, haven't blacked out the tritium on these yet.

TXPO
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I’ll add Night Fision to that list.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:

It's not noticeable, gimmick.
View Quote
Uh, you must have a lemon set. Night Fisions have the brightest tritium vials out there. Put them next to Trijicons and Ameriglo, XS or any other popular brand and you'll see that Night Fisions are much brighter.  I have a pic somewhere comparing them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By STJ:
Night Fision is GTG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By STJ:

Good to know, I saw that they claim to have "30% more Tritium gas than the competition".

Thanks again everyone.

Night Fision is GTG

This
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Uh, you must have a lemon set. Night Fisions have the brightest tritium vials out there. Put them next to Trijicons and Ameriglo, XS or any other popular brand and you'll see that Night Fisions are much brighter.  I have a pic somewhere comparing them.
View Quote

I've had 3 sets, compared them to my Trijicon HDs and saw a very tiny difference, not enough to make it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#28]
Originally Posted By LonChaney:

View Quote

Yeah I forgot to mention them.  I have a G45 with a set of the Night Fision Costas, and I like them quite a bit.  I don't mind the tritium bar, it doesn't' detract from front sight focus like rear dots.  Matter of fact, I might move those over to my G19MOS.  

TXPO

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Texaspo:

Yeah I forgot to mention them.  I have a G45 with a set of the Night Fision Costas, and I like them quite a bit.  I don't mind the tritium bar, it doesn't' detract from front sight focus like rear dots.  Matter of fact, I might move those over to my G19MOS.  

https://i.imgur.com/U2Qx1p3l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CGZmfx9l.jpg

TXPO

View Quote

Those look pretty good, clean picture.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#30]

TXPO

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LonChaney:

TXPO

Those look great.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:23:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#31]

Those look great.
View Quote

Definitely glad I moved them to the 19MOS, profile fits the MOS guns perfectly.  Forgot how much I like these.

TXPO
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#32]
If you're not running an optic, Tru Glo TFX Pro's are my favorite. They are pretty large though. Otherwise most of the others mentioned in this thread are good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:10:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#33]
Here’s what the Ameriglo Agent sights look like.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I’ve used them all. Night Fision makes the best night sights.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#35]

You've probably already changed them out by now. What brand did you go with?

You can position the sight pusher so it's higher up on the rear sight instead lower down - close to the top of the slide. Do that by raising and lowering the wheel that the slide rests on.
View Quote

Thanks for the advice. I haven't installed yet. I was trying to get everything around here taking care before my ankle surgery which was yesterday. In a few days I am going to give it a go at the kitchen table. I went with a few different brands Ameriglo Protector, Truglo Tritium Night Sights and Night Fision. I thought I would compare before I do my clones at some point. Once I get them on and a few weeks go by I will take them out back and see what I like best for me.

Thanks everyone for all the info!
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
View Quote

I tried a set of these on a 43x and love them.  Switching all my pistols over now.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I used to be a fan of the XS R3D sights but had one go bad and XS’s customer service is absolutely nonexistent so I don’t recommend them anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top