Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2020 12:33:57 PM EDT
Picked this up over the weekend at the local pawnshop. They had 3, 2-Variant 1's and a LEM. All in excellent condition for $400 each. I'd had in in layaway a couple of weeks and that was giving me time rounding up extra mags for it. Just wanted some ideas on a good OWB holster as carrying this concealed is probably a no-go due to the weight and overall size. It's a 93 build. Anything I should check or look for? I've got a couple of HK rifles but this is my first handgun.

SteveAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have that same one. Carried it several years on duty. Solid gun albeit it is large.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The USP was built around the 40S&W.  You will not be disappointed.  It's such a work of art the USP is.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
You have chosen.....wisely!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies. I plan on taking it out this weekend. I've always owned Glocks and just recently picked up a few CZ's but this is my first HK. I did order a Streamlight TLR-3 with the USP clamp so I may look for a holster that will fit that. This will probably be my nightstand gun depending on how it does at the range.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
And depending on how it does, I may go put the other Variant 1 back at the pawnshop. He said I could pick another one for $375. They both are in excellent condition and had been collecting dust there for a year or two from what I remember.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats, one of the, if not the best .40 pistol made.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a Safariland 6378 ALS holster with mine, and really like it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 40c and a Competition version.   I recommend Comp-Tac holsters and mag carriers   They are secure and fast draw. The carriers are Not too tall so you can get a good purchase on a mag for positive insertion

Nice thing bout them you can buy the detent plates for like $15 each and change the version yourself in literally 1 minute. I went from v1 to v9 for personal reasons   My 1911 thumb rides safety and under pressure I pressed down enough so the gun would not fire!!!!    Very bad in a need to fire Now situation

Also a excellent safety feature is you can load and unload the pistol with the safety On

I put Trijicon HD sights on the 40c.... perfect in every way

H
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#12]
If you get another one, try out the LEM, that's a legit trigger if you drop the match trigger and sear spring in it.

And I've only got IWB holster for mine, Steath Gear Ventcore and a Milt Sparks VM2. Both excellent
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top