Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2018 11:02:46 AM EDT
Traded to an '89 vintage 3" in very good condition.
Action was stiff.  It still had the original, hardened grease inside.
Disassembled and lubed.  Ah, like new again.  
Pays sometimes to be a packrat..I had a set of Wolff springs for it from about 10 yrs ago.  Changed out to lighter main spring.  We will see if that works later.
Trigger serations were like a cheese grater.  Took some 2k grit sandpaper to dull the sharpness.

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice find. I had a stainless steel M66, with a 4 inch barrel, many years ago. It goes in the catagory of weapon I wish I still had. I would like to find one with a shot barrel like yours, it looks good.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks

The grip shape is actually growing on me.  Been working the action with snaps and it has become more familiar.
Thinking about picking up a Tyler Grip.
Stripped the patchy finish off of the wood and oiled it.

Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I should have known better to use under powered springs, as usual got light strikes.
I did plan though...before I went to the range today, I decided to run some of my primer powered hot glue gun bullets to see if I had an obvious issue.  Shot 12 rds no problems.  They did go through my stop though ( auto shade )

Proceeded to local indoor range down the road and light strike city.
Gun is accurate though.
Got home and tore it apart, polished the main spring guide ball and socket, reinstalled factory spring...until the cup flies off somewhere in my garage.  57 minutes of searching and swearing I find it.  I removed the firing pin this time, plenty of crud in there.  Polished the pin and reinstalled.
Will go back later in the week.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Went back today to the range and am very pleased.
With the factory hammer spring and smoothed parts mentioned above I did very well.  No light strikes.  Only shot 100 rounds, but I am confident the problem is gone.

I am at the point where I like the grips as is.  Will not be getting the T grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top