Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2022 6:34:43 PM EDT
I just bought a P229 sas. This is the first P series gun In about 12 years. I always wanted a P229 sas and i figured it was now
or never as the prices seem to be on the rise.

I paid $900 shipped which is the cheapest I could find. Honestly there don't seem to be many for sale with some of them being new in the box with asking prices in the 1400-2000 dollar range so I feel like I didnt do horrible. I probably still over paid but better to over pay than go without...seeing as these are no longer being made.

I'll probably send it to sig and have the sights replaced and have them bead blast the slide because I really like the two tone look.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've wanted a 229 sas for about 10 years.  I figured it was now or never
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a NIB 229C 9mm. Fairly rare pistol. 229 frame with a 224 slide assembly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a NIB 229C 9mm. Fairly rare pistol. 229 frame with a 224 slide assembly.
View Quote

Kind of like what the p220 carry was or a g19x
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Put the SRT in it and unless you have smaller hands, (not an insult) replace the trigger itself with a standard one.
The Short Reset Trigger, (SRT) will reduce the trigger reset ALOT.

I wear XL gloves and dont like the Short Reach Trigger that is on yours, but I did swap the grips on my P229's to the E2 grips.

Handle a new made E2 P229 and you'll get an idea of the grips and the standard trigger.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Put the SRT in it and unless you have smaller hands, (not an insult) replace the trigger itself with a standard one.
The Short Reset Trigger, (SRT) will reduce the trigger reset ALOT.

I wear XL gloves and dont like the Short Reach Trigger that is on yours, but I did swap the grips on my P229's to the E2 grips.

Handle a new made E2 P229 and you'll get an idea of the grips and the standard trigger.
View Quote

Ive never had a p series with a short reach trigger but i do like the short reset triggers.  I have one in my p227 and my p220.  I went ahead and ordered a kit from gray guns along with new mag springs and a guide rod spring
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ive never had a p series with a short reach trigger but i do like the short reset triggers.  I have one in my p227 and my p220.  I went ahead and ordered a kit from gray guns along with new mag springs and a guide rod spring
View Quote

ETA: Typo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top