Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2023 5:19:04 PM EDT
So after years of Glock I bought a 4” compact PDP on sale. Nicest handgun I’ve used! I never really got excited about handguns before but I really like this thing. I originally thought I’d get a acro but Walther doesn’t offer a plate for one, at least not for the version 1 I have. So I picked the rmr plate.

My possibly stupid question is does the rmr seal watertight to the Walther plate or do I have to buy Trijicons extra sealing plate thing? I’d say it should seal except I’m not sure if the engraved logo and plate to slide screws interfere with the sealing surfaces. I don’t yet have nor ever had a rmr to test fit.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:26:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cheezzyizill] [#1]
I would get a sealing plate and use it they're cheap and a must have if your going to Carry/use your RMR in the elements.

Also I've had good luck with my ZR tactical acro plate on my PDP if you want to get a plate for the acro.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 7:27:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#2]
I ran CHPWS plates on the Q4 and a Forward Controls one on the PDP. No sealing plate with either.

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. I considered just buying a acro plate. The extra cost of that and the acro (if you can find one) made me rethink. I like the closed emitter but the rmr is well proven. I wonder if the extra sealing plate would raise it noticeably? Maybe one of the aftermarket plates and rmr is the way? I’m probably overthinking this. Should probably just buy the rmr and extra sealing plate and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Axehund:
Interesting. I considered just buying a acro plate. The extra cost of that and the acro (if you can find one) made me rethink. I like the closed emitter but the rmr is well proven. I wonder if the extra sealing plate would raise it noticeably? Maybe one of the aftermarket plates and rmr is the way? I’m probably overthinking this. Should probably just buy the rmr and extra sealing plate and see how it goes.
View Quote

What I dont like about the Walther plates is the lack of rear BUIS.  So, I choose aftermarket options for mine.

Given the low cut on the PDP, I dont think a sealing plate will add any real height.  That would not be my primary concern.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Not needed with our plate.  More information on our page RE: RMR sealing plate
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duffy:
Not needed with our plate.  More information on our page RE: RMR sealing plate
View Quote

That's your plate on my Pro above....I like it alot.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I’ve had eyes on the sealing plate now, non issue for thickness. Tempted to just go aftermarket with the adapter anyway. Looks like there are other advantages to be had with some like Duffy shows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top