Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 6:18:05 AM EDT
Hi guys. New desert eagle owner here. Got myself a matte chrome 50AE. Really looking forward to taking her to the range. Any tips or advice on available bulk ammo for sale?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I buy THIS when it's in stock.
Or the Hornady when it's on sale.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Not bulk, but I also just try to nab boxes of hornady. They are 26.99 on midway right now which isn't bad, and 25.95 on sgammo. Locally if I find themyself for 30 or less I grab a couple
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The hornady is the worst ammo available for the .50ae, anything else would be a better choice
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The hornady is the worst ammo available for the .50ae, anything else would be a better choice
View Quote
Why do you say that? Issues with accuracy? Feed reliability? Something else?

Just curious. I've shot a couple boxes of it and didn't note any issues.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why do you say that? Issues with accuracy? Feed reliability? Something else?

Just curious. I've shot a couple boxes of it and didn't note any issues.
View Quote
Accuracy was marginal, but it definitely wouldn't feed reliably, and when you chronograph it, you learn why. There were variances of 200-300 feet per second from ammo all out of the same box.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Accuracy was marginal, but it definitely wouldn't feed reliably, and when you chronograph it, you learn why. There were variances of 200-300 feet per second from ammo all out of the same box.
View Quote
Interesting. I chronoed 7 rounds a couple years ago. Extreme spread was 63 fps. Not entirely out of line.  In comparison, I get spreads between 11 and 45 fps with various other factory and reloads I've tested.

I don't have any notes on accuracy, or lack thereof. Also no notes about any feed issues.

I wonder if you just got a bad batch? Or maybe I lucked into a rare good batch. Don't know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top