Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2019 1:25:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FDrifting]
So I have multiple cheap-medium priced pistols. I've never shot anything that was super built up or very high end.

up until now my 92fs shoots the best after I upgraded the springs. Shoots better than my new M17.

I got the canik and outshoots both with it not even being close.  the reset is PHENOMENAL. After shooting it for a while I went and got a reduced power spring kit from Galloway precision and I'm excited to take it back out.

ive never had a pistol that I've been able to shoot follow up shots so well. Anything else worth doing to these like one of galloways triggers? Thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Canik is known for being one of the best in stock configuration.  I'd leave it alone.  They are spectacular guns.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
@FDrifting

Curious exact model you have.

I love my TP9DA for the exact reasons you describe.

The reset is indeed Phenomenal.

Canik has a plethora of new pistols. Still looking to add more to the stable .

I ask which variation you have as a need to know if any other model is equal to or better than the TP9DA
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 6:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FDrifting] [#3]
@USMC_Dad I have the tp9sf. There was a sell online and I snagged it for $250
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
@USMC_Dad I have the tp9sf. There was a sell online and I snagged it for $250
View Quote
Well then, that will be my next purchase.

Hell, I thought the TP9DA was a steal @ $302.00
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By USMC_Dad:

Well then, that will be my next purchase.

Hell, I thought the TP9DA was a steal @ $302.00
View Quote
My bad I just looked and it was $270 when I got it in September from a website called locked loaded.

they're marked up to $300 now. It was the sf elite 1. Don't know what difference the elite 1 makes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I  bought a TP9SFX a couple weeks ago and the trigger out of the box was good.  In fact, everything about the pistol was excellent out of the box.
Despite having a good factory trigger, I had a fat boy trigger from freedomsmith put in.  The new trigger removed nearly all the take-up and the reset
is close to my range officer.  It made an already very good gun even better.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dldub:
I  bought a TP9SFX a couple weeks ago and the trigger out of the box was good.  In fact, everything about the pistol was excellent out of the box.
Despite having a good factory trigger, I had a fat boy trigger from freedomsmith put in.  The new trigger removed nearly all the take-up and the reset
is close to my range officer.  It made an already very good gun even better.
View Quote
@dldub was it a pain to install the freedomsmith tigger? It says it may no be drop in? I think I want one just wanna know if I should fuck with it myself or not.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
@dldub was it a pain to install the freedomsmith tigger? It says it may no be drop in? I think I want one just wanna know if I should fuck with it myself or not.
View Quote
I didn't mess with it and had a smith install it.  Cost me $40 but worth it IMO.  I'm glad I didn't try because I spent over an hour just swapping the mag release
from right handed to left handed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, these things are the gun industry's most slept on guns. The word is slowly spreading though.
I don't have experience with them (my Elite Combat Executive and used TP9 SF Elite triggers are cool for me) but Freedomsmith triggers seem to be the way to go.

Which Canik did you get?
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By boogerwolf:
Yeah, these things are the gun industry's most slept on guns. The word is slowly spreading though.
I don't have experience with them (my Elite Combat Executive and used TP9 SF Elite triggers are cool for me) but Freedomsmith triggers seem to be the way to go.

Which Canik did you get?
View Quote
Disregard this post. I didn't read the post above. As you were
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:09:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#11]
I love my sf elite s. Excellent trigger.

The 1 series is the same gun, but doesnt come with the holster and other stuff they throw in the case. Just gun and mags if I'm not mistaken.

I carried mine daily until I got my g19.

I want to get their race gun, the sfx.

ETA the only thing I dislike about them is the finish. Its total garbage.

I carried it in a hybrid IWB holster for about a year, check out the wear:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Picked up a Canik TP9Sf over a year ago, daughter shot it quite a bit and loved the reset and the sights.  Even shot a 3 gun with it, but now she has decided she likes the FM Detective (Browning copy).

Have to admit it's really hard to beat the Canik for the value.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Ended up putting in a Freedomsmith trigger. It's fucking greaaatttt. Was fun to learn to do as well. A little scary but fun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

ETA the only thing I dislike about them is the finish. Its total garbage.

I carried it in a hybrid IWB holster for about a year, check out the wear:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495533/20200108_091120_jpg-1225929.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495533/20200108_091131_jpg-1225930.JPG
View Quote
You could sell that at a premium. Battle worn!
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TJx:

You could sell that at a premium. Battle worn!
View Quote

You're probably not wrong
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top